Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OnlyOneCity

Older supporters

Guest Fox99
On 21/03/2023 at 16:59, Lcfc098 said:

Why is L1 going to be forced out? 

Sorry pal for the delayed reply. I don’t know about this myself but seems like it might be on the cards whenever the expansion happens.

On 21/03/2023 at 19:10, Mr Weller 2 said:

The fact we are consistently 99% full is a big problem because it becomes dominated by mostly older season ticket holders. The expansion should help by freeing up seats for younger more occasional fans.

Relegation will help as well free up some seats…:ph34r:

in all seriousness, I think the stadium expansion would be put on hold if/when we’re relegated 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1

On 21/03/2023 at 16:56, AlexFT said:

The only possible silver lining is, if those in L1 are forced out it might mean all like-minded fans can be in one area. This is the case elsewhere at other clubs, for the current section it would clearly grow it out and make it stronger.

i think that the singing section should be broken up into groups of 25 then relocated all around the ground. This would stop them from claiming that no where else has any fans singing. i turn 60 soon i am thinking of moving from sk2 to L1. Then i can get the stewards to make the singing section sit down as we are an all seater stadium at the minute. Surely those drumsticks need to be confiscated as they could be used as a weapon to beat anyone who does not sing or looks older than 40

We are all entitled to our views and though they may differ vastly, everyone in that stadium takes the time and effort to turn up and support the team how they see fit. 

17 minutes ago, Motty said:

i think that the singing section should be broken up into groups of 25 then relocated all around the ground. This would stop them from claiming that no where else has any fans singing. i turn 60 soon i am thinking of moving from sk2 to L1. Then i can get the stewards to make the singing section sit down as we are an all seater stadium at the minute. Surely those drumsticks need to be confiscated as they could be used as a weapon to beat anyone who does not sing or looks older than 40

We are all entitled to our views and though they may differ vastly, everyone in that stadium takes the time and effort to turn up and support the team how they see fit. 

If you ain’t an Ultra, you shouldn’t be there

• Like 1

I would say at anytime, in any year, there is a variety of ages spread around the ground, and it would be pretty much the same…. I am 65, had some great times that made me want to sing, others cry…..singing is great to hear, the title winning season was unforgettable….but the Wes Fofana treatment two weeks ago, unfortunately has me questioning the reasoning of some supporters….and not just puts me off singing but whether I want to pay to listen to the c word ring around the ground, and I am with my wife

thats not a chip at anyone, more highlighting the difference in mentality of some supporters, and at the end of it, it will always be the choice of the individual whether they sing, don’t sing, or even go to the games……

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Motty said:

Daftest comment of the week so far. If you don't like standing then sit somewhere else. Jeez. 

Or are you a troll? 

:fishing:

37 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I am 63 and have enjoyed the contribution of the singing section - however,  I think the fofana thing was petty - come on guys - you are better then that

Ive seen one or two comments on that. Surely it cant be used as a stick to beat the section with when from the video I saw, huge swathes of the kop as a whole sang it.

Edited by SemperEadem
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Daftest comment of the week so far. If you don't like standing then sit somewhere else. Jeez. 

Or are you a troll? 

I think you're winning daftest comment of the week because you clearly don't understand sarcasm.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Ive seen one or two comments on that. Surely it can be used as a stick to beat the section with when from the video I saw huge swathes of the kop as a whole sang it.

Mate, as you and I both know these people claim to be older supports but this is relatively tame compared to what was sang in the old Spion Kop .

They must've had their ears closed. 🤔

• Like 1

On 20/03/2023 at 17:46, OnlyOneCity said:

Judging by some of the comments on here, many of the current posters will not be following City once they reach 40 as they seem to object to any older supporters. They seem to be far too concerned about what fans of other clubs think about our fans, whether it’s how old they look or how loud they shout. Palace fans are always held in high esteem by commentators because they sing a lot, but my abiding memory of the FA Cup Final between Man Utd and Palace, was the rows of black jacketed Palace fans behind the goal with NO colours. No identity, they could have been anyone.

'I don't believe it!' 

8BD102DA-DB4D-49B6-8D07-2D78E528860D.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

Everyone getting upset over the fofana song lol (shock). Start your own song then instead of sitting in silence complaining about others making noise

Fuch off Rodgers 

Fuch off Rodgers 

We don’t need you

we want Ted Lasso 

He Wins more Fuching games than you do !!

🤔

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

Ive seen one or two comments on that. Surely it cant be used as a stick to beat the section with when from the video I saw, huge swathes of the kop as a whole sang it.

And it was started from outside of the section, you can see the seated fans in front of the people videoing it. 

2 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

48 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

And it was started from outside of the section, you can see the seated fans in front of the people videoing it. 

Was repeatedly sung loud and with much gusto in L1 too.

I know, because I was in the middle of it all.

Edited by ElusiveEd
  • Like 1

On 21/03/2023 at 19:24, smudger63 said:

I'm pretty sure that Munros last game for us, was the Leatherhead game, where he came from no where to block their motormouth Chris Kelly from rolling the ball into an empty net at the start of the second half. If that had gone in, it would have been 3-0, and unlikely that we would have come back.  I rated Munro myself, but we signed Jeff Blockley and dropped Munro for him. Then he became disillusioned and left the club, and we kept his registration for years, which in them days meant he couldn't just sign for another club, without going through us. 

I remember the disappointment when Malcolm packed it in but it was his life so fair play

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tim1974 said:

I think you're winning daftest comment of the week because you clearly don't understand sarcasm.

Sarcasm doesn't always manifest in written text. You need to understand that. You will also note my troll comment and emoji. I think you have taken the lead on the daftness scale. Well done you. 

:nigel:

• Like 1

On 21/03/2023 at 19:55, Col city fan said:

At 54 I’m guessing I come into the older fan bracket.

I’ve said before, me and my mates have been through the era of Brian Little, Martin O’Neill, the relegation to League one, Pearson etc.

We all said the season we won the league was the icing on top of the cherry on top of anything else you could think of on the cake.

That was the season I gave up my season ticket. Both for health reasons (prostate cancer) and because I knew it wouldn’t get better than that in my lifetime.

I’ve always liked a ‘cultured midfielder’. Steve Thompson, Garry Parker, Muzzy etc. This is why I always bang on about Tielemans. That player who can change a game with one pass. Clever players, nice on the ball.. that type of thing.

Thats also why I don’t like watching the Amartey’s, the Faes and the Soumares of this world. These guys are athletes, but they can’t play football particularly. Watching them play is no joy at all.

I’m happy now to be an armchair fan. I’ve lived through what I consider to be the best time of football.. the 80’s and the early 90’s when the grounds could be full of tension and proper fan  rivalry. Not nice or pretty, but tense, particularly to the youth of the time.

Nowadays, like lots, it’s so sterile by comparison. Not a bad thing of course, just ‘different’. 

Hope you are well now. Agree about the midfield players you mentioned. I suppose you need a blend of skill and triers with a collective spirit which we had but seems to have gone.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Older Supporters’??!!!

The level of ageism never ceases to amaze me.

It’s been drip fed in virtual every topic, non-more so than the singing section debate when anyone over 50 reading would think they are about to be put on a one-way trip to Dignitas

Why the lack of respect for supporters that have given decades of their lives following the club through thick and mostly thin?

This topic would be promptly dropped if it was aimed at any other element of society.

Isn’t that what the whole thread is about? You’re in agreement.

4 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Or are you a troll? 

yes im a troll i live under upperton rd bridge, so dont come trip trip tripping across it :thumbup: and no fishing:fishing:

• Haha 1

perhaps we should have designated areas for different age groups family stand excluded.

so what age group can go in the singing section? obviously nobody over 40 in the Kop then slide them along the west and east stand untill they are 60 then before each game anyone who has reached 61 goes into the centre circle and gets reborn. logans run style. if the atmosphere is still not right knock 10 years off it till the atmosphere is just right. SFS067-LogansRun-04.thumb.jpg.5bfcb5008cc7a6d36a4c3be6f2654a6d.jpg

th.jpg