Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dawko

Smiling like a moron?

Its unique, and i think the chorus just before kick off works nicely. Seems like Hey Jude is everywhere and i believe you'll never walk alone is used by Celtic and Dortmund as well? If you don't like it, its not as if you are subjected to it for 10 minutes or so.

33 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

I think noise at football matches is a bit overrated. I think we should all just sit in a respectful, stupefied, silence throughout the game; possibly breaking out into polite applause if someone does something good.

If we do have to sing or play anything then it should be approved by a newly formed committee in advance. Then its historicity, factual accuracy and musical integrity can be fully considered. We should also canvas the opinions occasionally of fans, from different clubs,  so that we don’t promote anything that gives rise to unfavourable opinions of us. 

I think that should sort it for now, but we could review every six months to ensure it’s working well 

We're all doing the Brendan Clap

13 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

With your attempt to get rid of it in January not working is this going to be a regular thread that you create? once every 2 months ? or will this be your final attempt?? 

The same person created the thread? Wow as if you can be that bothered by the song with the current state of affairs lol 

3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

The same person created the thread? Wow as if you can be that bothered by the song with the current state of affairs lol 

Brendan In WYS Out

1 hour ago, FrankieADZ said:

what do you want instead? the benny hill theme or something....our defending at times i feel that would be a decent option:ph34r:

I like this option 😂 if we wave our flags and do a little jig as well… maybe then we could sing “Ernie-The fastest milkman in the west” as well. Good skills chaps 👌🦊🔵

Edited by Balders65

Quote: I think noise at football matches is a bit overrated. I think we should all just sit in a respectful, stupefied, silence throughout the game; possibly breaking out into polite applause if someone does something good.

So Jobyfox, you have been to a Burnley home game last season then. 😜

The club want an anthem after Roma away last season. They know WYS is our best bet so it's not going anywhere. 

This was discussed at the atmosphere working group last season, which was open to anyone to sign up to. It was the usual faces that turned up plus I think one women who wasn't attached to a supporter's group.

PS @Dawko hope the hangover isn't too bad. 

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba
  • Like 1

Having been in the away end for Forest Newcastle on Friday, the absolute worst thing we could do is revert to big upbeat songs.

Forest play about 4 really high tempo popular songs before the teams come out and it got the Newcastle fans absolutely buzzing!! 

Point being, stuff like that only serves to warm up the away end which isn't the best of ideas given how bad our home end is at the best of times these days! 

I don't mind it but it's prominence this season has coincided with....well this season, making it sound like a gallows humour type of song, like singing "Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life" just after you've been informed Amartey has been selected again ahead of actual footballers, it's like, "hey I know things are crap but keep smiling eh!". This and everything about this season has given me a gut feeling that we're heading down, it's pound shop Leicester, the kit, the squad, Ward, our living legend fading and it's like we're being told (although I know it was a request) "Come on smile", I'm fine with positivity but it seems a big irony at the moment. Laughable almost. :D There you go I'm smiling, briefly forgetting the set in rot.

1 minute ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Seriously though, let the crowd sing it and get rid of the current version that’s played.

Im sure way back there was never a need to actually play the song. 

Why hasn't it been sung then previously?

22 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Having been in the away end for Forest Newcastle on Friday, the absolute worst thing we could do is revert to big upbeat songs.

Forest play about 4 really high tempo popular songs before the teams come out and it got the Newcastle fans absolutely buzzing!! 

Point being, stuff like that only serves to warm up the away end which isn't the best of ideas given how bad our home end is at the best of times these days! 

Got the home end equally wound up in the Cup game last year. Hate to credit Forest but at least they understand what will get supporters going.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Seriously though, let the crowd sing it and get rid of the current version that’s played.

Im sure way back there was never a need to actually play the song. 

It does now, almost every club has a song played through the pa system that fans join in with, if they stop playing wys before kick off, fans ain't going to sing it before kick off and if that happens, you'll be entirely to blame.