Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dawko

Smiling like a moron?

11 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Seriously though, let the crowd sing it and get rid of the current version that’s played.

Im sure way back there was never a need to actually play the song. 

But unfortunately previous generations didn't pass it down to current ones so now there is absolutely a need to play it. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BrummieFOX said:

I love it. It's unique, it's ours, it's sung by majority and stops the god awful, ridiculously loud music they play pre-kick off.

If we didn't have it we'd be clapping along to some chart song right up till kick off.

Long may it continue.

Well said sir 

• Like 3

I'm on the fence, not bothered either way - but I wouldn't go on the extremem side of being upset if it's played pre match, equally the people that are obsessed with the song I find a bit weird. It's not the be all and end all to have an anthem pre match. I find the old videos on screen much more entertaining 

Absolutely nothing wrong with WYS. Used to sound wicked at Wembley in the 90s with 30k doing it. Was great in Eindhoven with a few 1000.

Maybe the problem is the fact we know that once it's done we are down to 90 mins of Brendan ball.

Or out fanbase currently is at just such a low point and the only ones trying to do anything about it, get pletters all the time.

I think can you do the tifos elsewhere next time so we can see the players coming out was actually my fave comment from the FCC.

Our club really is done for until some of those folks leave this life.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Absolutely nothing wrong with WYS. Used to sound wicked at Wembley in the 90s with 30k doing it. Was great in Eindhoven with a few 1000.

Maybe the problem is the fact we know that once it's done we are down to 90 mins of Brendan ball.

Or out fanbase currently is at just such a low point and the only ones trying to do anything about it, get pletters all the time.

I think can you do the tifos elsewhere next time so we can see the players coming out was actually my fave comment from the FCC.

lollollol as i said, people like this should really be nowhere near a "Kop"

5 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Post Horn Gallop is much worse, especially when we roll out someone to play it

I've always thought the idea of playing the Post Horn Gallop is a bit weird. It's a piece of music that gets played before a load of helpless foxes get chased down and brutally slaughtered.

On second thought, it would probably be more appropriate to play at the moment than anything else to be fair...

18 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

I've always thought the idea of playing the Post Horn Gallop is a bit weird. It's a piece of music that gets played before a load of helpless foxes get chased down and brutally slaughtered.

On second thought, it would probably be more appropriate to play at the moment than anything else to be fair...

Post Horn Gallop is not a hunting song: https://www.lcfc.com/matches/matchday/post-horn-gallop?lang=en

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

Was this view linked to another supporters group or a supporter representing only themselves?

4 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Got the home end equally wound up in the Cup game last year. Hate to credit Forest but at least they understand what will get supporters going.

Helps they probably have genuine supporters at the forefront of their ‘output’. Depeche mode when they win - which apes the tune for a chant. Linked up with a small local business when it came to producing some retro gear. Little things like that make a difference. 

Actually think the media output in and around games is a lot better recently. But then it feels reigned in the week. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 2

It's absolutely ours, and when sung on the terraces it's incredible. For a club that really struggles to do anything original, this is something we should be proud of. 

The majority of the KP know all of the lyrics being as most of our fans were around when the original was released too. :ph34r:

However, out of all of the 100s of recorded versions of it, the club have absolutely chosen the wrong one. It's an absolute abomination and I'll die on that hill. 

When You're Smiling IN. Budd OUT.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've always thought WYS would work well post match, with the sentiments fitting a win, lose or draw. And rather like those traditional songs many clubs in Europe play. They are old, sound old, but are pure history for the individual club.

Roma was an exceptional match atmosphere, and they weren't singing any recent chart hits!