Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dawko

Smiling like a moron?

4 hours ago, RoboFox said:

It's absolutely ours, and when sung on the terraces it's incredible. For a club that really struggles to do anything original, this is something we should be proud of. 

The majority of the KP know all of the lyrics being as most of our fans were around when the original was released too. :ph34r:

However, out of all of the 100s of recorded versions of it, the club have absolutely chosen the wrong one. It's an absolute abomination and I'll die on that hill. 

When You're Smiling IN. Budd OUT.

Which recording do you think is the best out of interest?

19 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Watched Brentford singing Hey Jude in the pre match lol ...WYS is ours

Genuine question for anyone that knows, what club can truly claim Hey Jude as their own? Seems like a decent number of bastarding clubs play it pre match.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Born Slippy cobbed into the mix too. Even just reviving Ready To Go could do something to stir our home crowd in a similar way.

They bought Ready to Go back for a while under Puel

Then dropped it pretty quietly 

14 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Which recording do you think is the best out of interest?

For a terrace sing along, probably Nat "King" Cole's version, although I'm sure there are others. 

It's a slow version, simpler melodically and easy for tone-deaf football fans to really get into. It might be a crap comparison, but it's much more akin to something like YNWA and feels much more "authentic."

Budd version is fine for a sing along I suppose but it sounds like something the club have commissioned from someone who's then tried way too hard to create an anthemic version of it. It's forced, sterile and a bit cringey IMO. 

Edited by RoboFox

14 hours ago, Nalis said:

Genuine question for anyone that knows, what club can truly claim Hey Jude as their own? Seems like a decent number of bastarding clubs play it pre match.

McCartney wrote it so it's only fair Everton claim it, even though it doesn't fit lol

It's just a general song at the end of the day that a number of clubs can play as it fits. Same with Hi Ho Silver Lining.

The best football songs are those directly attached to one club. For me, I hate Leeds but Marching On Together beats everything else out there.

On 21/03/2023 at 08:29, Fox92 said:

Post Horn Gallop is much worse, especially when we roll out someone to play it.

It kills Kasabian which we play and is actually upbeat. Teams should come out to that.

The one they play when the team run out the tunnel after half time makes me laugh. Heroic music which normally doesn’t match the mood of the stadium when we’re 2-0 down.

Not a fan of it and most people don't go in for it so it needs changing. We need something to add to the atmosphere and not take away what little optimism and cheers we have left. Plus we've played wank since it was introduced. I don't want techno music but there are plenty of better alternatives, even with Leicester connections, that we could use.

On 21/03/2023 at 01:11, Dawko said:
a song or piece of music that is considered too slow, miserable, or boring.
"after his ten-minute dirge, the audience booed"

Such as Hey Jude.

Which, least we forget, was the genius idea of Martin Allen. 

I'm using the word genius sacastically, just to be clear.

On 22/03/2023 at 16:29, sdb said:

Not a fan of it and most people don't go in for it so it needs changing. We need something to add to the atmosphere and not take away what little optimism and cheers we have left. Plus we've played wank since it was introduced. I don't want techno music but there are plenty of better alternatives, even with Leicester connections, that we could use.

Fat Les and Vindaloo {pls no comments about racism it is one ot the few things Leicester is famous for now} 

• Haha 1

WYS is our anthem and I hope that is stays that way forever. Fans sang with passion in the days of pen 2, pen 3 and on the old away ends. I consider it to be an important part of LCFC's identity.

Unfortunately Budds version has the worst tempo which makes it harder to song along to. 

Edited by DoveValleyFox

12 hours ago, Motty said:

maybe the theme music from steptoe and son or one foot in the grave for us older supporters

"Benny Hill" show music, at the end when they speed up the final sketch, I often wish they'd do that when we appear on MOTD highlights!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can respect the WYS club anthem and all that it means BUT can we put it on hold just until the end of the season please?

it just seems out of place with the situation we’re in. We need a song that has the bloody alarm bells ringing and the players ready to battle. I know this won’t please the old farts amongst us lol but we need tHE blood pumping, heart racing, fists clenching and voices raging. From the players changing room to the stadium tannoy please bring these guys back!

we need to remember who we are as we’ve gone soft COYF! #FEARLESS