Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Section Survey

1 hour ago, smudger63 said:

Well even if the feedback was negative, the club are not going to throw everyone out of that section now are they. So regardless, the singing section will remain in any case. 

That's not really the point though, I also think the section will remain. This is an opportunity for the fans to give feedback to the club. What has gone well, what could be done better, how could it be done better etc.

Giving this feedback is crucial to let the club know what people think and give them something to address and improve on.

• Like 1

Make sure you fill this out please guys it’s so important for the future atmosphere at our club.  I’ve made a point of pushing for safe standing and given them both barrels about the way over the top high vis stewards surrounding the section. 

• Like 3

Completed the survey, as for improvements to the atmosphere I went with the following:

1) remove the goal music

2) expand the singing section areas

3) install safe standing areas as part of the expansion + tie in as a singing section

4) club should support the UFS financially on tifo displays

Hope it helps 🙏 

Edited by Silebyfox_89
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Claridge said:

I’m at the top of the section and to be honest I’m not sure it’s improved anything. First 5 mins it’s fine, but then tails off. Mind you awful performances are a bit of a passion killer

I do tend to agree with this and as someone who was at the top last season, it has certainly changed for the worse in my opinion.

To be completely honest, I like what Union FS are doing but in my opinion the chants need to change. Some chants can go on for for 4/5 mins that people have no idea of the words to (minus the 20 in that group). I know it’s just them trying to be creative but in my opinion the chance of genuine improvement to the atmosphere is being drowned out by Union FS trying to come up with chants that replicate German football.

For example, last week Brentford away got great reviews with the rendition of “we love you” - why does this never get sung at home?

We’ve got to start with basics. At what point do you give up with that “follow home and away on a Saturday” chant - i think that’s what it is anyway and it’s garbage. Everyone around me sighs when it’s sung.

The drum doesn’t help with this either - I’ve heard a few catchy chants start at the top over the course of the season and they’re immediately drown out.

solution: get UFS in the middle of the stand and sing some classics rather than stuff that no one knows.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, lcfcben76 said:

I do tend to agree with this and as someone who was at the top last season, it has certainly changed for the worse in my opinion.

To be completely honest, I like what Union FS are doing but in my opinion the chants need to change. Some chants can go on for for 4/5 mins that people have no idea of the words to (minus the 20 in that group). I know it’s just them trying to be creative but in my opinion the chance of genuine improvement to the atmosphere is being drowned out by Union FS trying to come up with chants that replicate German football.

For example, last week Brentford away got great reviews with the rendition of “we love you” - why does this never get sung at home?

We’ve got to start with basics. At what point do you give up with that “follow home and away on a Saturday” chant - i think that’s what it is anyway and it’s garbage. Everyone around me sighs when it’s sung.

The drum doesn’t help with this either - I’ve heard a few catchy chants start at the top over the course of the season and they’re immediately drown out.

solution: get UFS in the middle of the stand and sing some classics rather than stuff that no one knows.

I do agree with some of this. Some chants do go on for too long but in fairness to them, they have always said they are all ears to new suggestions on chants etc. The “come on Leicester boys, make some ****ing noise” and “Leicester boys are we” are my pet hates. Just the nature of them is never going to cause a rousing atmosphere. We just have a tendency to have longer songs than we need to. Maddison’s one a good example. No one really knows it and now our best player doesn’t think he has one. But it’s just trial and error a bit. UFS are doing great work, just has teething issues 

8 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I do agree with some of this. Some chants do go on for too long but in fairness to them, they have always said they are all ears to new suggestions on chants etc. The “come on Leicester boys, make some ****ing noise” and “Leicester boys are we” are my pet hates. Just the nature of them is never going to cause a rousing atmosphere. We just have a tendency to have longer songs than we need to. Maddison’s one a good example. No one really knows it and now our best player doesn’t think he has one. But it’s just trial and error a bit. UFS are doing great work, just has teething issues 

Agree with this. “Come on Leicester boys” is the one song I simply refuse to join in on. The other is slightly better but agree it’s not one that we should have as regularly as we do at home fixtures.

I hear what you’re saying about Union FS being all ears, but from my POV, I’ve not seen too much being communicated to the fans. I’d like to see polls, directly asking fans what songs they’d like to see, etc…

apologies if this is the case and I’ve missed it but I’d quite like to be directed to the place if it is.