Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Section Survey

Hey Jude, Leicester x 3, Ring of Fire, Who Are We, Molly Mallone, WYS, Leicestershire La La La etc all

regularly get sung in SK1 and most people don’t join in with those either.

The occasions where most of the ground sing are just after we’ve scored or in exceptional games like Forest and Spurs. 

There’s no pleasing everybody.

• Like 4

Just now, Unabomber said:

L block is an embarrassment 

I’m not a season ticket holder as I live abroad. 

I’ve had the opportunity to sit in many places around the ground,  the area near the away fans is definitely the best for atmosphere. I believe people who say other wise are people that can’t get to that area of seating due to it been sold out each game. 

• Like 1

On 22/03/2023 at 09:24, Voll Blau said:

I mean, We Love You is arguably the ultimate chant that "tries to replicate German football" given half the Football League stole it from St Pauli before we nicked it ourselves, but whatever.

Would be interested in what "classics" you think should be sung more? It's a criticism I hear a lot despite loads of classic chants getting aired every week in the section.

is it worth listing the main songs and getting people to vote for the ones they actually think work.  Collectively we may be able to ascertain a half decent play list...

2 hours ago, Kent-Fox said:

I’ve had the opportunity to sit in many places around the ground,  the area near the away fans is definitely the best for atmosphere. I believe people who say other wise are people that can’t get to that area of seating due to it been sold out each game. 

L1 had been on its arse since around 2017

• Like 2

On 24/03/2023 at 20:06, Batfink77 said:

is it worth listing the main songs and getting people to vote for the ones they actually think work.  Collectively we may be able to ascertain a half decent play list...

As I’ve said before football crowds are democratic in the nature when it comes to songs. 

If people don’t like what song is sung, start up a new one or make one up.

There’s no pre determination of what songs are to be sung or when. It just goes with the flow and that’s been like that since the 1960s when terracing chant took hold. 

• Like 1

On 24/03/2023 at 19:53, Kent-Fox said:

I was at the forest game earlier in the season 

it was bouncing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

As I’ve said before football crowds are democratic in the nature when it comes to songs. 

If people don’t like what song is sung, start up a new one or make one up.

There’s no pre determination of what songs are to be sung or when. It just goes with the flow and that’s been like that since the 1960s when terracing chant took hold. 

I agree. I'm not on about predetermaning exactly what and when,  but simply working out the more favourable ones by the majority, so the singing section could perhaps stick more to those. I.e weed out the ones that most simply think are dire and will never sing along to.

On 26/03/2023 at 16:53, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I would be gobsmacked if it was anywhere other than the G1/SK1 corner for a number of reasons. 

I get your reasons why, but don't you have to provide 10% for away fans as well. So a lot of clubs have chosen to have it next to the away sections for cost reasons.

I can't see our club being keen on making l1 the section but it would make financial sense 

14 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

I get your reasons why, but don't you have to provide 10% for away fans as well. So a lot of clubs have chosen to have it next to the away sections for cost reasons.

I can't see our club being keen on making l1 the section but it would make financial sense 

Why would it be cheaper to have it next to the away end? Also who has it next to the away end? I can only think of the Anfield Road end and Wolves buy virtue of their away end taking up a whole side. From what I've seen most home standing areas seem deliberately position away from the away fans...  

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Why would it be cheaper to have it next to the away end? Also who has it next to the away end? I can only think of the Anfield Road end and Wolves buy virtue of their away end taking up a whole side. From what I've seen most home standing areas seem deliberately position away from the away fans...  

Because you can install in and carry it through. Leicesters newest objection seems to be cost  As far as I'm aware sure man city has it carried into the home fans next to the away section Also Don't arsenal? 

I'm certainly not saying it's gospel either way, but from the meetings I've attended the club have absolutely given no indication as to were it would end up.

Personally I'd like to see it installed all the away along the kop even if only from half way up and see how it went and then if such push for a whole standing kop end again. 

10 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Sight lines means you lose fewest seats if you have safe standing in the corner of the grounds, so where UFS are now & where they away fans are both fit that criteria

11 hours ago, Blueman1967 said:

Hope they keep the section, it does make a difference.

Of course they will keep the section. What are they going to do, refuse to sell them tickets there for next season? Highly unlikely. The club are just paying lip service really, because they had already stated at the start of the season that it was a trial for this season. So to not then ask for feedback would be the club going back on what they said.  From the UFS  standpoint, they ultimately will be hoping to be given more seats, and most likely an expanded section, which again will be controversial in that it would mean throwing more fans out of their seats again to make room. 

6 hours ago, Foxes_Trust said:

Sight lines means you lose fewest seats if you have safe standing in the corner of the grounds, so where UFS are now & where they away fans are both fit that criteria

I know that was mentioned but there was certainly no clear indication that that didn't mean away fans and running it round into L1 was off the table. That fits the same criteria as UFS in effect and that was always the original standing section when we moved grounds.