Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Section Survey

13 minutes ago, Raj said:

Looks like it was only sent to the relevant people in that block.

No I think from what I have gathered is one went to SK1 and possibly G1 and those not in those blocks got different one with slightly changed questions.

Edited by SemperEadem

11 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

That's not really the point though, I also think the section will remain. This is an opportunity for the fans to give feedback to the club. What has gone well, what could be done better, how could it be done better etc.

Giving this feedback is crucial to let the club know what people think and give them something to address and improve on.

Bang on this.  Fan engagement is one of the most important measurable things a club has, it's all the executives really care about, it is where the money comes from so.  Get on it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lcfcben76 said:

I do tend to agree with this and as someone who was at the top last season, it has certainly changed for the worse in my opinion.

To be completely honest, I like what Union FS are doing but in my opinion the chants need to change. Some chants can go on for for 4/5 mins that people have no idea of the words to (minus the 20 in that group). I know it’s just them trying to be creative but in my opinion the chance of genuine improvement to the atmosphere is being drowned out by Union FS trying to come up with chants that replicate German football.

For example, last week Brentford away got great reviews with the rendition of “we love you” - why does this never get sung at home?

We’ve got to start with basics. At what point do you give up with that “follow home and away on a Saturday” chant - i think that’s what it is anyway and it’s garbage. Everyone around me sighs when it’s sung.

The drum doesn’t help with this either - I’ve heard a few catchy chants start at the top over the course of the season and they’re immediately drown out.

solution: get UFS in the middle of the stand and sing some classics rather than stuff that no one knows.

I mean, We Love You is arguably the ultimate chant that "tries to replicate German football" given half the Football League stole it from St Pauli before we nicked it ourselves, but whatever.

Would be interested in what "classics" you think should be sung more? It's a criticism I hear a lot despite loads of classic chants getting aired every week in the section.

• Like 3

I'm in H1 and I got it.

Just pointed out that it needs to be a bigger standing area and allows late deciders to go in there assuming there's room.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

No I think from what I have gathered is one went to SK1 and possibly G1 and those not in those blocks got different one with slightly changed questions.

I'm in SK1 and not had it weirdly. Managed to find a link on Instagram and filled it in. So presume anyone can.

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

The survey is submitted anonymously so how do the club know where you sit? I think they are being sent to anyone that's previously bought a match ticket as well as STH's. It's only if you agree to be contacted in the future that you are asked for your details/supporter number etc for identification. Anyone can complete the survey, I think. 

:dunno:

I have been highly critical of you guys and they are pretty entrenched and unlikely to change anytime soon. 

However, I am in full support of you guys in this and also additional info I've seen on Facebook specifically regarding safe standing. Can't see me joining you personally anytime soon but would love my kids to be able to enjoy football in the same way we used to "back in the good old days" 

Happy to complete any survey, from ufd or the club or vote for it or whatever, but will need a push in the right direction so please keep posting it. Preferably in a new topic so it's clear something is happening rather than me avoiding the general thread. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lcfcben76 said:

I do tend to agree with this and as someone who was at the top last season, it has certainly changed for the worse in my opinion.

To be completely honest, I like what Union FS are doing but in my opinion the chants need to change. Some chants can go on for for 4/5 mins that people have no idea of the words to (minus the 20 in that group). I know it’s just them trying to be creative but in my opinion the chance of genuine improvement to the atmosphere is being drowned out by Union FS trying to come up with chants that replicate German football.

For example, last week Brentford away got great reviews with the rendition of “we love you” - why does this never get sung at home?

We’ve got to start with basics. At what point do you give up with that “follow home and away on a Saturday” chant - i think that’s what it is anyway and it’s garbage. Everyone around me sighs when it’s sung.

The drum doesn’t help with this either - I’ve heard a few catchy chants start at the top over the course of the season and they’re immediately drown out.

solution: get UFS in the middle of the stand and sing some classics rather than stuff that no one knows.

What’s stopping anyone else from chanting we love you or starting chants other than the chant you describe ? 

Have filled it out and done my best to help the singing section out with my answers.  

Also mentioned how they’re a hinderance with the membership requirements for one off tickets, these people could get hooked and become regular match going fans adding to the atmosphere. Also the over zealous stewarding, that singers aren’t criminals and there’s no need. 

Not part of the section but hope I’ve helped in a small way. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, lcfcben76 said:

Agree with this. “Come on Leicester boys” is the one song I simply refuse to join in on. The other is slightly better but agree it’s not one that we should have as regularly as we do at home fixtures.

I hear what you’re saying about Union FS being all ears, but from my POV, I’ve not seen too much being communicated to the fans. I’d like to see polls, directly asking fans what songs they’d like to see, etc…

apologies if this is the case and I’ve missed it but I’d quite like to be directed to the place if it is.

Yeah I think that’s more than fair. Polls is a good idea, I’ve not seen them do that. 

4 hours ago, Raj said:

Just swap the Kop and the Family stand and everything will be okay!

This has been mentioned before but what would it achieve? Keeping the away fans where they are? Trouble is it just turns into a baiting atmosphere and not a team atmosphere.. if at old Trafford the south stand actually bothered to open their mouths and have a sing song instead of giving the fingers and willy puller signs to the away fans then they might get an atmosphere going there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MS0204 said:

This has been mentioned before but what would it achieve? Keeping the away fans where they are? Trouble is it just turns into a baiting atmosphere and not a team atmosphere.. if at old Trafford the south stand actually bothered to open their mouths and have a sing song instead of giving the fingers and willy puller signs to the away fans then they might get an atmosphere going there. 

"a baiting atmosphere". It is already in many respects.