Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Section Survey

Guest Mee-9

Starting chants with the C word in is disgusting. I almost spat my prawn sandwich out against Chelsea.

The noise is too loud also, I can’t listen to that Ian Stringer wannabe on Radio Leicester whilst that racket is going on. 

Also if you want to wave a flag around all game like a wally, learn semaphore. 

32 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

Which is why imo and alot of others, the home

fans should be at the other end.. the family stand just wouldn’t work

Football fans, to my knowledge since the 1950's have a) always taunted the away fans b) the opposition players and c) the match officials.

I am in C1 and can hardly hear what is being chanted some times so I think it is abundantly obvious to have the 'Singing Section' was based in L1 (not the Family Stand as you infer) to exchange songs, hymns and banter.

Just filling mine in now.

The ground has become a library, but then again most top flight grounds are now, some initial atmosphere & then the moon.  I so much prefer aways, most want to watch and cheer and support and get involved and act like they're not watching it on the tele.

Anything to get it going will help and this will, even if it looks to me that the section's passion has dimmed somewhat as the season has progressed & I don't sit far away.  Only looks about 4-6 rows now (true hard core) and the aggro with the stewards & our generally flat, unaggressive performances sure haven't helped.  Unlike a 1000 or 2 in SK2 & 3, back in the 80's and 90's

Hard to believe the "bearpit" the KP was the seasons we came up, won the title and most of the season after.  That passion and atmosphere has certainly left the building.

BUT anything will help, aside from the goal music:D

18 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Football fans, to my knowledge since the 1950's have a) always taunted the away fans b) the opposition players and c) the match officials.

I am in C1 and can hardly hear what is being chanted some times so I think it is abundantly obvious to have the 'Singing Section' was based in L1 (not the Family Stand as you infer) to exchange songs, hymns and banter.

I was replying to someone saying to change the kop and family stand around. 

I fully understand your point and I’ve been to many matches to see this, but being next to each other incurs a different style of banter. There tends to be a lot of finger pointing, selecting individuals and mocking their looks, clothing, size. So is this creating an atmosphere? Fair play to the section for trying. 
in the Blackburn thread L1 were on about a female Blackburn fan having chlamydia. Hardly going to make the team play better. 

Edited by MS0204

Survey was sent or supposed to be sent to all season ticket holders and the outcome report so far shows over 27000 people. If you did not get it but you get other marketing emails something went wrong. If you are like us we seem to get a dozen emails a week from the club so it’s easy to miss.

1 minute ago, Globalfox said:

Survey was sent or supposed to be sent to all season ticket holders and the outcome report so far shows over 27000 people. If you did not get it but you get other marketing emails something went wrong. If you are like us we seem to get a dozen emails a week from the club so it’s easy to miss.

Get plenty of emails from the club but definitely have not received this one.

• Like 1

As a 30 year old veteran I'll tell you the problems.

At filbert street the like minded people that wanted a bit of banter and a sing song went into the kop, literally facing the away fans!

When we moved I sat in L1 as did quite a few others and it was kind of similar to the kop but like a shitty version.

The club deliberately stuck the family stand one side and past L1 the prices go up.

It was never going to be the same , and as much as UFS want to make noise , doing it at the other end of the ground does not make any sense.

The atmosphere is more like a care home, I don't go down much but when I do , it's nothing like the old days.

The club won't change its stance on this and I don't ever believe we will have a decent atmosphere again . 

P.s the football is shit and Brendan is taking us down.

Edited by blueharmie

14 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

I mean, We Love You is arguably the ultimate chant that "tries to replicate German football" given half the Football League stole it from St Pauli before we nicked it ourselves, but whatever.

Would be interested in what "classics" you think should be sung more? It's a criticism I hear a lot despite loads of classic chants getting aired every week in the section.

Firstly, I appreciate there are probably holes in my German football knowledge lol

I think what I’d like to see is more of the chants we see regularly on an away day. Granted, I know our away support also flatters to deceive but like others have said, Villa, United and Brentford have all been pretty impressive recently.

On those games you don’t really ever get the chants previously mentioned (On a Saturday, Come on Leicester boys, Pride of our city), that in my opinion never take off and have a harmful effect on the atmosphere rather than a positive one.

I’ll also appreciate it’s a tough gig coming up with catchy chants and I don’t have too many suggestions of my own, but I definitely think we need more player specific ones. 

7 hours ago, lcfcben76 said:

Firstly, I appreciate there are probably holes in my German football knowledge lol

I think what I’d like to see is more of the chants we see regularly on an away day. Granted, I know our away support also flatters to deceive but like others have said, Villa, United and Brentford have all been pretty impressive recently.

On those games you don’t really ever get the chants previously mentioned (On a Saturday, Come on Leicester boys, Pride of our city), that in my opinion never take off and have a harmful effect on the atmosphere rather than a positive one.

I’ll also appreciate it’s a tough gig coming up with catchy chants and I don’t have too many suggestions of my own, but I definitely think we need more player specific ones. 

OK, fair enough if that's your opinion - but which away day chants? To my mind, anything that's sung away is also sung at home too. I'm struggling to think of anything that's only specifically sung away?

14 hours ago, Globalfox said:

It says on the email Thank you for your direct participation in our 2022/23 Singing Section trial 

I'm not a member of UFS but I have joined in with their signing sections in the past at cup games and enjoyed it. So I've filled my survey out. I asked them to expand the singing section, fund the displays, install safe standing and refrain from overstewarding that area. The atmosphere has been flat this season and the performances on the pitch obviously hasn't helped. We do need to get some better chants though. The ones we've got at the moment like 'Come on Leicester boys' and 'The terrace sings a song for you' are awful. Personally, I don't want to join in with them. 

4 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

I'm not a member of UFS but I have joined in with their signing sections in the past at cup games and enjoyed it. So I've filled my survey out. I asked them to expand the singing section, fund the displays, install safe standing and refrain from overstewarding that area. The atmosphere has been flat this season and the performances on the pitch obviously hasn't helped. We do need to get some better chants though. The ones we've got at the moment like 'Come on Leicester boys' and 'The terrace sings a song for you' are awful. Personally, I don't want to join in with them. 

I stand in that area and in all honesty I think its worse than last year. Considering the push to have it, it all seems very half hearted, the songs are rubbish, I include myself in the malaise, trouble is I was a teenager in the 80s when the atmosphere was genuine and not contrived like it feels today. Songs trying to be too clever or just moronic ones like the Amarty chant or get in to um, which is beyond pathetic. 

3 minutes ago, Claridge said:

I stand in that area and in all honesty I think its worse than last year. Considering the push to have it, it all seems very half hearted, the songs are rubbish, I include myself in the malaise, trouble is I was a teenager in the 80s when the atmosphere was genuine and not contrived like it feels today. Songs trying to be too clever or just moronic ones like the Amarty chant or get in to um, which is beyond pathetic. 

What kind of chants would you like?

4 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Easy ones with a decent beat, that are easy to follow. The Ulloa one was a perfect example

Not being funny here, and this isn't aimed purely at yourself as there are others, but what does it offer by just saying chants/songs are cr4p without actually making some suggestions as to what you think will work/be better? You suggested the Ulloa one but obviously he no longer plays for us, so we can't sing that week in week out.

There are probably a dozen regular songs that get aired in SK1, old and new. Even the simple Leicester, Leicester, Leicester chant dies of death after about 10 seconds. Sometimes the 'Blue Army' chant can keep going a bit longer but still, it's a struggle to keep people involved in that one (which is as simple and easy beating as it gets).

Maybe not in this thread as it is about the survey, but the 'Stadium Atmosphere' thread, let's get some suggestions in there so that during April and May we can as a minimum get the section as loud as possible and hope the rest of the ground join in. The team need us more than ever right now (whether you like the manager/players or not). There is more chance of a positive response on here if constructive feedback on chants is given rather than saying something is rubbish but not suggesting anything to improve it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Not being funny here, and this isn't aimed purely at yourself as there are others, but what does it offer by just saying chants/songs are cr4p without actually making some suggestions as to what you think will work/be better? You suggested the Ulloa one but obviously he no longer plays for us, so we can't sing that week in week out.

There are probably a dozen regular songs that get aired in SK1, old and new. Even the simple Leicester, Leicester, Leicester chant dies of death after about 10 seconds. Sometimes the 'Blue Army' chant can keep going a bit longer but still, it's a struggle to keep people involved in that one (which is as simple and easy beating as it gets).

Maybe not in this thread as it is about the survey, but the 'Stadium Atmosphere' thread, let's get some suggestions in there so that during April and May we can as a minimum get the section as loud as possible and hope the rest of the ground join in. The team need us more than ever right now (whether you like the manager/players or not). There is more chance of a positive response on here if constructive feedback on chants is given rather than saying something is rubbish but not suggesting anything to improve it.

Spot on post 

6 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I presumed when a singing section was created/demanded that there would be some decent songs that would enable people who want to join in and enlarge the singing section could do, but that has not happened. The songs are basically rubbish and are not fit for purpose, hence why the atmosphere has not changed or has got worse. Very few people are going to start a chant off, but on a thread about a singing section I think its perfectly reasonable to point out that the songs are not very good

2 minutes ago, Claridge said:

I presumed when a singing section was created/demanded that there would be some decent songs that would enable people who want to join in and enlarge the singing section could do, but that has not happened. The songs are basically rubbish and are not fit for purpose, hence why the atmosphere has not changed or has got worse. Very few people are going to start a chant off, but on a thread about a singing section I think its perfectly reasonable to point out that the songs are not very good

Which songs? 

7 minutes ago, Claridge said:

I think that due to how small the song book is anyways, to simply sack off the three songs that’s been mentioned ain’t ideal. That’ll just be a case of if you don’t like it don’t sing it. But there is a songs/chants thread. Let’s get it back to the top and expand the choice then. I don’t believe someone should start one off in the hope that people join in as I’d do that and sound like a dufus, but putting it on a forum so everyone can see the words is the way to go