Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Section Survey

2 hours ago, smudger63 said:

Of course they will keep the section. What are they going to do, refuse to sell them tickets there for next season? Highly unlikely. The club are just paying lip service really, because they had already stated at the start of the season that it was a trial for this season. So to not then ask for feedback would be the club going back on what they said.  From the UFS  standpoint, they ultimately will be hoping to be given more seats, and most likely an expanded section, which again will be controversial in that it would mean throwing more fans out of their seats again to make room. 

A figure of 3000 was tossed around the FCC the other night. So more people will be moved. But the expansion is the perfect time because there will be upheaval all over the ground for various reasons. 

9 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Because you can install in and carry it through. Leicesters newest objection seems to be cost  As far as I'm aware sure man city has it carried into the home fans next to the away section Also Don't arsenal? 

I'm certainly not saying it's gospel either way, but from the meetings I've attended the club have absolutely given no indication as to were it would end up.

Personally I'd like to see it installed all the away along the kop even if only from half way up and see how it went and then if such push for a whole standing kop end again. 

Hmm fair enough but I don't see why installing it in L1 is any cheaper than SK1, you're just unbolting a seat and installing a rail onto the same hardware. 

Also it won't go in L1 because of sightlines, that's one of the first concerns of the SGSA.

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

It’s not their seat 

OK, so let's have a free for all on every seat in the stadium at the end of every season then. A level playing field, where there is no priority for season ticket holders , not only to have A seat in the place they were previously, but no guarantee of a season ticket at all. We sell first come first serve to any fan regardless of if they were a season ticket holder before or not. :brendan:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

OK, so let's have a free for all on every seat in the stadium at the end of every season then. A level playing field, where there is no priority for season ticket holders , not only to have A seat in the place they were previously, but no guarantee of a season ticket at all. We sell first come first serve to any fan regardless of if they were a season ticket holder before or not. :brendan:

That’s quite a shift there onto something I didn’t say. 

The club have the power to relocate persons how they wish to see fit. It’s as simple as that. Could equally happen to the signing section being turfed out of the area as much it expanding.

The club have had to move people from their allocated season ticket spot because of COVID rules, broadcasting positions for European games and extended allocations for Cup games. Nature of the beast. Hence seems daft to attach that people have ownership of their allocated seat

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

That’s quite a shift there onto something I didn’t say. 

The club have the power to relocate persons how they wish to see fit. It’s as simple as that. Could equally happen to the signing section being turfed out of the area as much it expanding.

The club have had to move people from their allocated season ticket spot because of COVID rules, broadcasting positions for European games and extended allocations for Cup games. Nature of the beast. Hence seems daft to attach that people have ownership of their allocated seat

I prefer the free for all approach, sounds like fun. :D

On 29/03/2023 at 07:33, CosbehFox said:

It’s not their seat 

Surely you understand why people have an attachment to their allocated seat though. I don't know why this has been questioned so much on here by the same people.

Even if the club can move me, at the minute I pay for a season ticket and get the seat in return so it's mine. Just like I call home "my house" even though technically it's not because I only rent and can get kicked out at any minute.

• Like 1

Guest Fox99

In case anyone has missed this piece of info...

Season Ticket Holders and Members that have not received the survey need to opt in to ‘Club News’ and/or ‘Ticket Information’ in the ‘Your Preferences’ section of their LCFC.com account by 6pm on Thursday 30 March to receive it.

16 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Surely you understand why people have an attachment to their allocated seat though. I don't know why this has been questioned so much on here by the same people.

Even if the club can move me, at the minute I pay for a season ticket and get the seat in return so it's mine. Just like I call home "my house" even though technically it's not because I only rent and can get kicked out at any minute.

Personally no - I have been in four different spots across the stadium. 

I don’t rush out to secure the seat for cup games either. 

A rented home is completely different as you feel it in with your own possessions and your own furniture. 

When people say ‘this is my seat’, it reminds me of reality TV contestants who’ve small talked with each other for four days and consider themselves friends now. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

So the club let you know at 6 tonight if you have been selected for a meeting that happens two days later, hardly given folk much time to rearrange diaries and child care etc.

And….on the Thursday night before the bank holiday weekend. A fair number of fans will be off visiting friends, family, mini break etc etc

• 1 month later...
Guest Fox99
9 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Would really like to see the results of the club survey. Just over two weeks until they as asking supporters to fork out hundreds of pounds and still big question marks on the sections future.

Going by this, the survey results should be coming out very shortly?

https://www.lcfc.com/news/3233843/season-tickets-prices-frozen-for-202324--on-sale-from-26-may?lang=en

The Club is actively consulting with supporters on its NFC mobile ticketing strategy and the SK1 Singing Section trial, following their implementation for the 2022/23 season. The outcomes of this consultation and its impact on plans for 2023/24 will be communicated in the coming weeks, before the renewal period begins.

Guest Fox99

Still no outcome from the survey but on this - I can't help thinking if the efforts of L1 block and the section were combined it would improve the home atmosphere, appreciate though L1 have hardly covered themselves in glory after Liverpool and times before that. It’s long been the case that there are likeminded fans all over but not in a specific place, and this seems more apparent compared to other clubs. Assuming we’re in the Champ next season, I suppose it might provide more scope to move the section within or away from the stand, granted though it would always be a logistical challenge. Also understand the spacial aspect for the section’s future growth with safe standing in mind also.

Edit: a further point is if L1 and UFS/the section were closer in proximity, there would also only be the need for one drum (if necessary) instead of the two currently. 

Edited by AlexFT

On 11/05/2023 at 09:24, SemperEadem said:

Would really like to see the results of the club survey. Just over two weeks until they as asking supporters to fork out hundreds of pounds and still big question marks on the sections future.

"following the club's relegation it is clear that the singing section has a negative impact on the players and club performance, as such it will be broken up and all involved banned from attending for persistent standing"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

"following the club's relegation it is clear that the singing section has a negative impact on the players and club performance, as such it will be broken up and all involved banned from attending for persistent standing"

I saw a fan yesterday on one of the facebook groups say something not too dissimilar to that.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I saw a fan yesterday on one of the facebook groups say something not too dissimilar to that.

lol hopefully taking the piss at how out of touch the club are and not actually blaming the singing section for this season

Most of the singing in the Liverpool game seemed to come from where the singers used to be. It’s rubbish where it is, I’m 7 or 8 rows behind and all season it has lasted for 20 mins and has then gone rubbish. Admittably that’s usually when we have conceded . Needs moving to the back so I can sit down and not just stand up for the sake of it👀

• Like 2