Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Area88

Supercomputer predicts 13th Place finish for Leicester

2 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Most of the prediction / projection sites are rating are our chances for relegation between 11 to 15% at the moment. A lot of it is based on their rating of our side which looks to me grossly over estimated - particularly as it doesn’t take into account injuries. 

That said I do think there’s legs in Forest going down which these models are saying 

Most (some are swaying) outlets keep banging on ‘Leicester have enough good players to keep them up’. 
They clearly have no idea of our position, form mental/physical weaknesses, lack of fight or fortitude. 
It’s going to the wire, nobody can definitely say who’s going down. 

8 hours ago, Area88 said:

Well Respect Analytical Site - Predicts 13th Place for Leicester.

I hope this cheers everyone up. All have faith in the supercomputer.

We only have a 13% chance of relegation. That's a 1 in 10 chance thanks to the Supercomputer.

Southampton, Bournemouth and Nottingham Forest will get relegated instead.

I suspect these super computers had us finishing 3rd or 4th in 2019/20 and 2020/21 with less than a couple of % chance of finishing outside the top 4. We did then and we'll do it again, statistical breakers.

• Like 1

The issue with us all season has been confidence. It's not been helped by Rodgers saying in pre season this squad isn't good enough, but there's been a domino effect which spiralled into a weak mentality this year. 

The world cup break had come at the wrong time for us, coupled with the fact that we've got players on the way out running their contracts. 

Should we survive it'll be a case of letting those players that want to leave, leave and then begin rebuilding from scratch. 

I presume the apparently optimistic supercomputer prediction is largely based on our remaining fixtures:

- 5 of next 7 against teams in the bottom 9, plus potentially winnable Villa H, only Man City A as an "obvious" defeat

If we win 3-4 of those matches, their prediction/odds will be justified. If we just scrape 1-2 wins and the odd draw, our relegation odds will shorten markedly - and if we lose most of them, we'll be odds-on favourites to go down.

Our last 4 matches: Fulham A, Liverpool H, Newcastle A, West Ham H. 

You'd have to be an optimist to think we'll get even 4 points from those. I suppose Fulham might have nothing to play for by then, but neither our recent history (including season ends) nor Rodgers' track record suggest a strong finish. I certainly wouldn't be confident we have the character to get a result on the last day, if needed.

I presume fixture difficulty also explains the prediction that Forest go down but Palace finish 12th. Palace have a fairly easy run-in, but after the next 3 matches it's a bit of a nightmare for our much loved neighbours....

• Like 2