Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

FOXES TRUST WELCOMES THE PUBLICATION OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE FAN ENGAGEMENT STANDARD (FES)

1 hour ago, lcfc278 said:

Hopefully the club doesn't just take the easy route and select the Fan Advisory Board from the Foxes Trust, no disrespect but the board of the trust looks like the local bowls club committee.

Hopefully the new fan board includes a bit more diversity, young and old and from all walks of life.

Thought the same, certainly not representative of the wider fanbase.... https://foxestrust.co.uk/foxes-trust-board

Where was foxes trust when the club forced fans to take coaches to Wembley? Do Foxes trust ever ask fans for their opinions on what they would like them to argue or do Foxes trust not really argue anything with the club? I wasn't even aware you were a thing. Never heard or seen you advocate for anything for the fans that i can remember? Or is it just as i said before for the front row away tickets?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Pretty much everything you’ve listed here is by virtue of being de facto the supporter’s’ representation group that is given these opportunities just because you happened to be formed first.

It’s a position held thanks to being the first group as opposed to due to any earned right or proven track record.

There are very few examples of you proactively pursuing any meaningful change over the past decade so you cease to be an organisation delivering any real value to the supporter on the terrace. You have a position of privilege with the club and will do everything you can not to jeopardise that in any way, rather than having principles and a voice and an identity to get anything done.

All of the contentious issues of recent times: safe standing, singing sections, FA Cup buses, away priority points scheme, ticket rises, ID checks for away tickets, away allocations disappearing, transaction fees, no general sale of tickets… you’ve been either silent or unheard on pretty much all of them.

I should be clear that I am not a member of Union FS. I’m just one of the supporters population that you should be using your position to represent. But if Union FS had the access and opportunities that you did then I have absolute confidence they’d do a hell of a lot more than you do.

So forgive me for not taking seriously you coming on here attaching yourself to the Premier League initiatives where the vast majority of fans likely don’t even want or need your involvement with it.

Agree totally with what you write. But I suspect the trust see themselves as a (former) shareholder of the club and as such, aren't a lobbyist. 

I also agree with another point made prior that the (I guess very well meaning) board do look like your average parish council, vicar of Dibley type outfit. Not representative of 21st century Britain. 

But despite that, they seem to get a lot of undeserved vitriol. It's like me slagging off school governors. Bit of a thankless task int"it?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Funny how we love slagging off people (or groups) trying to do their little bit.    All just seems a bit nasty to me.

(whether or not you agree with what they are doing, or whether it actually achieves anything is another matter).  

From what I can see, they’re not actually doing anything though? Can they come out and state anything they’ve achieved or come to a resolution with the club? Now that the premier league are introducing this fan engagement thing foxes trust are claiming to have been the ones pushing for it? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, worth_the_wait said:

Funny how we love slagging off people (or groups) trying to do their little bit.    All just seems a bit nasty to me.

(whether or not you agree with what they are doing, or whether it actually achieves anything is another matter).  

Scrutiny and criticism of representative bodies/organisations is not ‘slagging off’ or ‘a bit nasty’. This isn’t primary school, it’s the real world.

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots
13 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Oh no, not my fan group is better than yours.

There's only one way to settle this!

12 hours ago, Nugent said:

Thought the same, certainly not representative of the wider fanbase.... https://foxestrust.co.uk/foxes-trust-board

I signed up to be a member one year about 5ish years ago as was intrigued and it's surprising sitting there listening to their meetings. Worth saying they're all generally decent people who care about the club and the history of saving the club 20 years ago shouldn't be forgotten. However, they were at the time sitting on over £45k for a rainy day and one of the key annoyances was not having a player attend their end of season awards. 

It's a shame the trust seems to be moving into insignificance as its an organisation the club needs, alongside UFS or the DSA etc. 

15 hours ago, goose2010 said:

How it that go? I have emailed the FCC for the minutes of the meeting as they dont seem to be published anywhere but they seem to have ignored my email? 

The club is often quite slow at publishing the FCC minutes, when they do we will publish them on our website

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, lestuhfox said:

You also called the Rodgers out brigade idiots in your Brentford match report.

Bearing in mind that during the 90 minutes everyone was behind the lads and it was after the game when opinions were voiced  can you lighten me why the term idiots was used?

Match reports are written by individual members and we don't edit them, but always state they are the views of individual person writing the report and not the views of the Trust itself, we don't quiz the writers on the content, on another recent match report, the writer criticised a number of players in a player by player assessment, they are purely an individuals take on events on the day

15 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

This is the point really...Too  many groups interfacing with the club,waters down every fan organisations,plus their points just then fall onto fallid ground..

Then any intelligent Club representative will just have you lot arguing against of each other instead of real fan major issues being lost or just paper talk...

Why not,still holding your own  histories amalgamate become a one major voice for the fans...or  each splinter or spread of the average fan are totally unaware of any fan platform,and again the voice is lost..

It needs either a quiet sensible revolution...or an AL Capone type of set up,who led and brought together all the mobsters...It won't work otherwise..

Fans don't need 10 factions,just the one for discussion,  greviances and proposed changes on stadium & infracture....ONE solid voice..!!

In recent years there have been 5 main fan organisations, all of which are represented on the FCC and those fans groups have also met on a few occasions without the club present. The Foxes Trust has mainly organised those meetings, but the last one was arranged by Union FS. Each fan organisation has their own aims to pursue and generally we feel we work well together. Ticketing is the most common area which all groups are concerned about, hence why the Trust, UFS and DSA combined to discuss digital ticketing with the club, as each organisations members had raised concerns. In our view LCFC don't try to play fans groups off against each other.

Nationally the benefit of having a single fans group per club has been discussed, the general consensus was the drawbacks outweighed the benefits, in particular if there was a falling out between a fans group & a club. If that happens currently, it doesn't affect all fan dialogue

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Raj said:

Guys no disrespect but you all KNOW that all this fans engagement stuff is just a tick box exercise.

I sat in many FCC meeting in the past and nothing of not comes of it.

You guys were a great group during the administration days and im sure i still have my certificate of membership somewhere but whats the point now?

Yes, can remember you being on the FCC, the best guide to our current activity is on our diary page on the website Diary – Foxes Trust

15 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

Hopefully the club doesn't just take the easy route and select the Fan Advisory Board from the Foxes Trust, no disrespect but the board of the trust looks like the local bowls club committee.

Hopefully the new fan board includes a bit more diversity, young and old and from all walks of life.

We have put forward a proposal to the club, and will be holding discussions with them including how fans are chosen to be on the FAB, it is not down to the club to purely cherry pick who they want. We certainly anticipate that some of the FAB will come from the Trust as the strategic nature of the FAB is clearly in our remit (declared aims) however it is important that the fans on the FAB have the right skill set to cover the key areas of the FAB remit (which is also under discussion).  As an example we feel one fan should be an expert in the area of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion issues.

15 hours ago, goose2010 said:

no idea why they dont. Its a pretty exclusive meeting by the sounds of things where your average fan cannot just attend. 

We shouldn't have to rely on people on the FT telling other fans what was discussed. @Bayfox has done a great job in letting people know but it shouldn't his/her job to. 

Agreed they should be published and we do chase publication. 

Other than each fans group having a representative, the other fans attending the FCC come from an application process that the club ran on their website (so came from what you are terming "the average fan"), but this was from a few years ago, so could be time to re-run that process again for next season

15 hours ago, Lcfc098 said:

@Foxes_Trust can you confirm whether club give Coach 1 first refusal for front row tickets at away games?

The Trust does not get involved in any away ticket allocations or any group purchasing of tickets for any games and while Trusts at some clubs arrange away coach travel, we have always kept out of that the official supporters club have organised for many years, so is their remit

14 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Depends if selection is open,because of lack of information...The club should through game day program,with also an extra in program leaflet inform the fans

Plus through LCFC official site.

We will be discussing the process with the club. Similarly at national level the Football Supporters Association are discussing with the Premier League and while each club will be left to their own devices to some extent, through the FSA Premier League Fans Group we are seeking to establish best practice

3 hours ago, Foxes_Trust said:

The Trust does not get involved in any away ticket allocations or any group purchasing of tickets for any games and while Trusts at some clubs arrange away coach travel, we have always kept out of that the official supporters club have organised for many years, so is their remit

What is average age of members of Foxes trust out of curiosity?