Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

FOXES TRUST WELCOMES THE PUBLICATION OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE FAN ENGAGEMENT STANDARD (FES)

Why can't those representative of the different groups that attend the FCC produce their own report on how they believe the FCC meeting went and whether it was productive and worthwhile?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Foxes_Trust said:

We have put forward a proposal to the club, and will be holding discussions with them including how fans are chosen to be on the FAB, it is not down to the club to purely cherry pick who they want. We certainly anticipate that some of the FAB will come from the Trust as the strategic nature of the FAB is clearly in our remit (declared aims) however it is important that the fans on the FAB have the right skill set to cover the key areas of the FAB remit (which is also under discussion).  As an example we feel one fan should be an expert in the area of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion issues.

But why is it you that gets to put forward a proposal and hold discussions with the club? Like @Freeman's Wharfer mentioned in his post, all of the main issues supporters have had over the last 4/5 years with the club, we haven't heard a peep out of you guys. Now there's an initiative which would basically give your group extra power or justification for your existence and suddenly it feels like now you're piping up and 'representing the fans' all of a sudden.

After looking across your website it feels like you guys did some really important stuff around the administration times and helping to coordinate efforts to save the club, however it feels like that was probably your sole purpose as I can't see anything you've achieved since then. Time to freshen up the Trust or allow some of the other groups to have more of a say and their own discussions with the club.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Blackboots only said:

@Foxes_Trust with regards to my previous question, which you did not answer. 

How many paid up members does the trust currently have ? 

They're not obliged to answer you man.

17 minutes ago, davieG said:

Surely if people feel so badly about the Foxes Trust they should get themselves elected onto it and change it from the inside. 

Or start their own Supporters' Group.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Lcfc098 said:

From what I can see, they’re not actually doing anything though? Can they come out and state anything they’ve achieved or come to a resolution with the club? Now that the premier league are introducing this fan engagement thing foxes trust are claiming to have been the ones pushing for it? 

Forgive me if I've missed this, and I take no sides in this, but where have they claimed this? 

It's a PL initiative that they're just promoting forward and discussing? This PL survey is a follow on from previous seasons, isn't it? I feel like I've had other similar surveys in past seasons. 

11 hours ago, Foxes_Trust said:

We will be discussing the process with the club. Similarly at national level the Football Supporters Association are discussing with the Premier League and while each club will be left to their own devices to some extent, through the FSA Premier League Fans Group we are seeking to establish best practice

That fair dues…but

There are still many long loyal fans that are not even aware of various fan groups,

who might want to get aboard,or just follow through direct contact to the club.

Why not speak to club,to see if they can find a Slot (a click on file) on LCFC.com

For the relevant parties..fan groups. Where each one in Round robin sequence is allowed to inform the fans of themselves and directive.Plus then on going proposals and fan-base plans..Without Jostling/political  scripts..

Its my base for direct honest information,even if we have to wait 2-3 days,for statements or ITK News doing the rounds.

Edited by fuchsntf

2 hours ago, blue army 1988 said:

Sorry if this has already been asked but where can I find the minutes to all the meetings that have happened?

It would be interesting to read some.

Foxes Trust mentioned they're on their website but I couldn't find them

4 hours ago, davieG said:

Surely if people feel so badly about the Foxes Trust they should get themselves elected onto it and change it from the inside. 

That’s a bit like saying if you don’t agree with the a Conservative government why not become a Tory MP and change it from the inside.

They are a representative body who are given a strong voice to represent the fans as a whole but who likely have very few members - hence @Blackboots only question no doubt.

People shouldn’t have to pay to join or start their own group to get their ‘official’ supporters trust to actually be representative of them. How about more open dialogue, transparency and representative action on behalf of the fans?

The one thing I’ll give @Foxes_Trust credit for in this thread is actually engaging with some of the questions on here (which is the main online forum for LCFC fans) - where have they been for the past 10 years? In reality they should be one of the most regular posters on this channel and we should hear them on BBC Radio Leicester and Twitter like other fan groups are

Unless it’s just a chummy social club and they don’t actually want to do anything to earn their privileged position of course…

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

That’s a bit like saying if you don’t agree with the a Conservative government why not become a Tory MP and change it from the inside.

I don't see the connection although you could join and influence their policies but they have by definition a fairly well defined philosophy. Where as the Foxes Trust has a loose philosophy which should be driven by the needs of the fans. One of the big complaints was it wasn't representative of the fan base well that's because those people are not standing up for election. Get those people in and the whole ethos,  priorities and momentum would change.

14 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Ah come on. 

So if I joined the Trust board and was asked to give a report, I would be permitted to write as many derogatory terms as I see fit and you’d happily publish it on the website as it was “a Trust members opinion” ?

Regardless of the nice little caveat at the bottom of each report, you have accountability and responsibility to the demographic you hope, claim and believe you represent.

I wouldn’t want you guys anywhere near representing “my views” with a (potential) outright moron in your ranks.  

Read the report yourself, the writer admits to not seeing the banner, hearing the chants but has determined one set to be idiots and the others to be sensible (despite the latter having allegations of aggression against them). That’s moronic. You can’t have as little checking process as that and claim to be a respectable organisation. 

Worrying...innit..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

They are a representative body who are given a strong voice to represent the fans as a whole but who likely have very few members - hence @Blackboots only question no doubt.

People shouldn’t have to pay to join or start their own group to get their ‘official’ supporters trust to actually be representative of them. How about more open dialogue, transparency and representative action on behalf of the fans?

The one thing I’ll give @Foxes_Trust credit for in this thread is actually engaging with some of the questions on here (which is the main online forum for LCFC fans) - where have they been for the past 10 years? In reality they should be one of the most regular posters on this channel and we should hear them on BBC Radio Leicester and Twitter like other fan groups are

Unless it’s just a chummy social club and they don’t actually want to do anything to earn their privileged position of course…

Yes they have engaged with some of the questions on here, but not mine. 
Why is that ? 

Ok I will have a stab in the dark and guess that they have around  250 members. 

Why the big secret Foxes Trust ? 

On 24/03/2023 at 12:25, blue army 1988 said:

Sorry if this has already been asked but where can I find the minutes to all the meetings that have happened?

It would be interesting to read some.

UFS have asked if the notes can be made public. They were sent round to the attendees yesterday but no help really if others can't see them as well. 

On 23/03/2023 at 08:58, SemperEadem said:

Its a shame they are no longer published. They really ought to be.

The club have now released them, we have posted a link on our website and created a separate post on here so all posters on here are aware and can access

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

UFS have asked if the notes can be made public. They were sent round to the attendees yesterday but no help really if others can't see them as well. 

On the Premier League guide issued a few years ago, under the section covering LCFC, the club stated the minutes of FCC meetings would be published on the Foxes Trust website, so we publish them when received (there have been times in the past when minutes have never been issued despite a number of chases from us)

• Like 1

On 23/03/2023 at 14:38, Lcfc098 said:

Where was foxes trust when the club forced fans to take coaches to Wembley? Do Foxes trust ever ask fans for their opinions on what they would like them to argue or do Foxes trust not really argue anything with the club? I wasn't even aware you were a thing. Never heard or seen you advocate for anything for the fans that i can remember? Or is it just as i said before for the front row away tickets?

Most points you have been raised have been covered by earlier replies...

Wembley away coaches - it was enforced on the club by the FA/authorities controlling safety @ Wembley - the club were against it & argued against it without success (it was also problematic finding enough coaches)

Asking Fans - we do carry our surveys of our members, but unlike many fans organisations, we publish e-mail addresses for all board members Foxes Trust Board – Foxes Trust so you can raise any topic to whichever board member you choose

Away Front Row Tickets - we do not organise any tickets for our members (home or away). some other LCFC supporters groups do have group buying arrangements but we don't know the details of them

On 23/03/2023 at 19:43, Lcfc098 said:

From what I can see, they’re not actually doing anything though? Can they come out and state anything they’ve achieved or come to a resolution with the club? Now that the premier league are introducing this fan engagement thing foxes trust are claiming to have been the ones pushing for it? 

In terms of what we do, we regularly update our diary page Diary – Foxes Trust so there is more clarity of our activity than the vast majority of fans organisations across the country, as few publish this type of detail

We certainly were the leading LCFC fans group in terms of being part of the national lobbying from the Football Supporters Association and in particular the Premier League Fans Group part of the FSA. The FES is as a direct result of the government led Fan Led Review, where we submitted evidence and were asked to present to the FLR working party. However this is not surprising as Trusts across the country are focused on more strategic matters, like good governance, Our published aims are available here Our aims – Foxes Trust

31 minutes ago, Foxes_Trust said:

On the Premier League guide issued a few years ago, under the section covering LCFC, the club stated the minutes of FCC meetings would be published on the Foxes Trust website, so we publish them when received (there have been times in the past when minutes have never been issued despite a number of chases from us)

Fair enough, but with respect only a small about of people will be looking for those notes on your website. Club should make them nice and easy to access for as many people as possible themselves.

On 23/03/2023 at 11:36, Spudulike said:

@Foxes_Trust Can you ask the club to allow STH to use the resale platform each time a match is moved to mid-week for TV broadcasting please?

Many thanks. 

Currently the rules of the resale platform state they are restricted to being RE SOLD 3 times in a season (this is detailed on the Terms and Conditions found on LCFC website)

We would need to check back to see if this has occurred more than 3 times this season

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Fair enough, but with respect only a small about of people will be looking for those notes on your website. Club should make them nice and easy to access for as many people as possible themselves.

The club used to publish them a number of years ago in an obscure place on their website, which were difficult to find, so we always published them as well. Our website is featured on Newsnow and fans do access via that route, but we do post on our Facebook page and put links on a few message boards (have posted on here first due to the interest shown, but will post on others later)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxes_Trust said:

Currently the rules of the resale platform state they are restricted to being RE SOLD 3 times in a season (this is detailed on the Terms and Conditions found on LCFC website)

We would need to check back to see if this has occurred more than 3 times this season

And they wonder why people don't use the official re-sale platform much. 

On 22/03/2023 at 22:31, Foxes_Trust said:

I didn't know - I couldn't find an officers list.~
I used to be on the FCC but wasn't aware that any groups were given preferential access to the club discussion - are UFS at tH FCC these days.
I think calling people who put up a "rodgers out" banner idiots is not very objective or fair.  Wanting Rodger out is a legitimate position that many fans hold.  He wont be the manager for ever...  I don't agree with many things but I don't call those with such views idiots.