Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

FOXES TRUST WELCOMES THE PUBLICATION OF THE PREMIER LEAGUE FAN ENGAGEMENT STANDARD (FES)

On 22/03/2023 at 23:36, Foxes_Trust said:

Each supporters organisation has a different set of objectives, improving stadium atmosphere and lobbying for safe standing are clearly 2 of UFS main remit

However we work together on some areas, for instance we pulled together a meeting on digital ticketing with the club and asked both UFS and the Disabled Supporters Association to put forward their issues, along with our own and those discussions continued at the recent Fans Consultative Committee meeting.

We had significant input into the government's fan led review, submitting written evidence and then were asked to speak to the FLR panel during the Premier League fans sessions and took more questions about our observations from the panel than any other fans group

We are also active nationally, with one of our board members on the Football Supporters Association National Council and within his remit meets broadcasters about fixture changes and PGMOL in regards to VAR

We also hold the Asset of Community Value on the stadium (have done for many years now), and the involvement of fans on a wider band of heritage issues will form part of the conversations following the publication of the Fan Engagement Standard, while we have already submitted a proposal to the club regarding the Fans Advisory Board, the remit of which will be discussed with the club in the coming months

this is shocking - I think the clubs should organise an election for supports who wish to represent foxes fans at these tables.  Then they could say they truely represent the fans.

On 23/03/2023 at 06:03, lestuhfox said:

You also called the Rodgers out brigade idiots in your Brentford match report.

Bearing in mind that during the 90 minutes everyone was behind the lads and it was after the game when opinions were voiced  can you lighten me why the term idiots was used?

I read that and was shocked.

2 hours ago, Foxes_Trust said:

Currently the rules of the resale platform state they are restricted to being RE SOLD 3 times in a season (this is detailed on the Terms and Conditions found on LCFC website)

We would need to check back to see if this has occurred more than 3 times this season

Unfortunately my son and I have already used the resale platform three times but can't make the mid-week Villa match as its been moved. They'll be 2 empty seats as we can't legally sell or even give away the tickets which is frustrating as many fans that can't get tickets would, I'm sure, have liked them. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Unfortunately my son and I have already used the resale platform three times but can't make the mid-week Villa match as its been moved. They'll be 2 empty seats as we can't legally sell or even give away the tickets which is frustrating as many fans that can't get tickets would, I'm sure, have liked them. 

You can give them away surely as long as you let the club know and pay any difference or has this been stopped because I’ve let my sons mate have mine a couple of times

2 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

this is shocking - I think the clubs should organise an election for supports who wish to represent foxes fans at these tables.  Then they could say they truely represent the fans.

Same applies to the officially titled ‘Leicester City Supporters Club’ too 

• Like 1

On 23/03/2023 at 23:34, Jackubu said:

I signed up to be a member one year about 5ish years ago as was intrigued and it's surprising sitting there listening to their meetings. Worth saying they're all generally decent people who care about the club and the history of saving the club 20 years ago shouldn't be forgotten. However, they were at the time sitting on over £45k for a rainy day and one of the key annoyances was not having a player attend their end of season awards. 

The Trust doesn't hold a end of season awards night, that issue related to the supporters club's awards night, we were backing a fellow supporters groups complaints

On 24/03/2023 at 04:48, Lcfc098 said:

What is average age of members of Foxes trust out of curiosity? 

We haven't calculated it, but it would be fair to say a large majority are 50+

We do have some younger members some of which are based outside the UK, but we would really welcome many more

We readily recognise that younger input would improve our social media activity and would welcome new members who would like to actively contribute to the work of the Trust or simply back us by becoming members

You can join here Join Us – Membership – Foxes Trust

9 hours ago, davieG said:

You can give them away surely as long as you let the club know and pay any difference or has this been stopped because I’ve let my sons mate have mine a couple of times

Yes, I got in touch with the club and they will transfer the name for an admin charge of £5 per ticket. Its a lot of faff though. 

On 23/03/2023 at 08:54, fuchsntf said:

This is the point really...Too  many groups interfacing with the club,waters down every fan organisations,plus their points just then fall onto fallid ground..

Then any intelligent Club representative will just have you lot arguing against of each other instead of real fan major issues being lost or just paper talk...

Why not,still holding your own  histories amalgamate become a one major voice for the fans...or  each splinter or spread of the average fan are totally unaware of any fan platform,and again the voice is lost..

It needs either a quiet sensible revolution...or an AL Capone type of set up,who led and brought together all the mobsters...It won't work otherwise..

Fans don't need 10 factions,just the one for discussion,  greviances and proposed changes on stadium & infracture....ONE solid voice..!!

Absolutely.    So how about we start a new group:  Unite Our Foxes Groups.

Nothing could go wrong unless someone started a Keep Our Groups separate group.

If this happens, one individual would be needed to sit on the committees of both groups in the interests of unity.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Yes, I got in touch with the club and they will transfer the name for an admin charge of £5 per ticket. Its a lot of faff though. 

Yeah they seem to be charging for everything these days, you used to just pay the difference, in my case it was from my Senior to an Adult.

On 24/03/2023 at 09:47, lcfc278 said:

But why is it you that gets to put forward a proposal and hold discussions with the club? Like @Freeman's Wharfer mentioned in his post, all of the main issues supporters have had over the last 4/5 years with the club, we haven't heard a peep out of you guys. Now there's an initiative which would basically give your group extra power or justification for your existence and suddenly it feels like now you're piping up and 'representing the fans' all of a sudden.

After looking across your website it feels like you guys did some really important stuff around the administration times and helping to coordinate efforts to save the club, however it feels like that was probably your sole purpose as I can't see anything you've achieved since then. Time to freshen up the Trust or allow some of the other groups to have more of a say and their own discussions with the club.

The Foxes Trust work with fellow Trusts at national level within the Football Supporters Association Premier League Fans Group and Trusts are the type of fans organisation that focus on good governance and therefore best placed to make proposals in this area. We have never stopped working on representing our members in giving views to the club, be that in direct one to one meetings with the club, at FCC meetings or 90 minutes sessions. Our diary page Diary – Foxes Trust shows the work we have been carrying out.

We just made the decision to post details on our website and facebook page and not post on message boards, however following this thread we will review this again at our board meeting tomorrow night

Other LCFC supporters groups do also attend the FCC and have individual meetings with the club, each discussing their key objectives

We always welcome new members to join the Trust, Join Us – Membership – Foxes Trust we are ran on democratic principals with elections held each year, as we are registered as a Industrial & Provident Society and follow the Financial Conduct  Authority rules with submission of annual accounts and accompanying documentation

On 24/03/2023 at 12:13, fuchsntf said:

That fair dues…but

There are still many long loyal fans that are not even aware of various fan groups,

who might want to get aboard,or just follow through direct contact to the club.

Why not speak to club,to see if they can find a Slot (a click on file) on LCFC.com

For the relevant parties..fan groups. Where each one in Round robin sequence is allowed to inform the fans of themselves and directive.Plus then on going proposals and fan-base plans..Without Jostling/political  scripts..

Its my base for direct honest information,even if we have to wait 2-3 days,for statements or ITK News doing the rounds.

The clubs website does have a page on its website which details fans groups, but it is quite difficult to find Supporter Groups | Leicester City (lcfc.com) and doesn't currently list the official supporters club or Union FS (this maybe at the choice of the fans group, you would need to ask them)

In terms of individual fans contacting the club, there used to be LCFC Help on social media, but this was withdrawn dye to the amount of personal abuse staff members were receiving, but its re-introduction was requested at the FCC meeting (as minuted)

However our view would be its best to communicate issues via a supporters group, so the groups can pick up on issues that are consistently raised, individuals having one to one dialogue doesn't enable the level of an issue to be established.

We welcome issues being raised via e-mail to us

On 24/03/2023 at 15:20, Freeman's Wharfer said:

That’s a bit like saying if you don’t agree with the a Conservative government why not become a Tory MP and change it from the inside.

They are a representative body who are given a strong voice to represent the fans as a whole but who likely have very few members - hence @Blackboots only question no doubt.

People shouldn’t have to pay to join or start their own group to get their ‘official’ supporters trust to actually be representative of them. How about more open dialogue, transparency and representative action on behalf of the fans?

The one thing I’ll give @Foxes_Trust credit for in this thread is actually engaging with some of the questions on here (which is the main online forum for LCFC fans) - where have they been for the past 10 years? In reality they should be one of the most regular posters on this channel and we should hear them on BBC Radio Leicester and Twitter like other fan groups are

Unless it’s just a chummy social club and they don’t actually want to do anything to earn their privileged position of course…

We would dis-agree that membership should be free, as there are costs involved in running a supporters organisation. We have not increased our costs in 20 years and encourage members to sign up fellow fans for a reduced rate for that year. 

In our case, the set up of an IPS means that each member owns a £1 share in the Trust, therefore a payment needs to be made except for U16's who can't vote and therefore U16's are free.

There also can only be one Supporters Trust per club, so to influence the future direction of the Trust, fans need to join us and if they wish become active, we always welcome new members

As mentioned in another response, we are going to review our policy on message board activity at tomorrow nights board meeting as a result of the dialogue on this thread

We did appear on the The Boot Room on Radio Leicester last Thursday to talk about the Fan Engagement Standard, our appearances on Radio Leicester seem to have reduced since Ian Stringer left, however we now have Owynn's full contact details so will hopefully appear more often. We do have a Twitter account, but are not a frequent user and tend to use Facebook more often

On 24/03/2023 at 15:32, davieG said:

I don't see the connection although you could join and influence their policies but they have by definition a fairly well defined philosophy. Where as the Foxes Trust has a loose philosophy which should be driven by the needs of the fans. One of the big complaints was it wasn't representative of the fan base well that's because those people are not standing up for election. Get those people in and the whole ethos,  priorities and momentum would change.

Well we do have a set of published aims Our aims – Foxes Trust , these haven't changed in 20 years and are very similar to other Supporters Trusts

However we do lack members of a younger age group that would like to be active, which could enhance for instance our social media activity

On 25/03/2023 at 19:47, foxinsocks said:

I didn't know - I couldn't find an officers list.~
I used to be on the FCC but wasn't aware that any groups were given preferential access to the club discussion - are UFS at tH FCC these days.

Our current board member details including contact e-mails are here Foxes Trust Board – Foxes Trust

Foxes Trust, Official Supporters Club, Foxes Pride, DSA and Union FS are all represented at the FCC (the FCC minutes often identify who is representing each organisation, but its not detailed on the latest set)

On 25/03/2023 at 19:51, foxinsocks said:

In terms of elections, we are the only fans group that hold official elections (from our members) as part of our constitution, with board members having to re-stand for election every 3 years

In terms of the FCC meetings, other than the fans group places, the club tends to "refresh" the other fans attending by asking for applications on the website every few years, The selection from those that apply is based on ensuring all areas of the ground are represented, along with diversity considerations.

In terms of the Fans Advisory board, we are working with the club to come up with a process to determine how FAB members will be selected, these positions cannot all be selected by the club or by the Trust, but as the FAB's function is strategic, the positions need to be based around the ensuring the right skill sets are in place to achieve a balanced board with expertise in all aspects of its remit

Found it,,

Not so obvious to find,but a couple of clicks,one is on the way…

I think ( and I am  sure you have/do). From your side contact these other groups,first the movement must come from within the various groups..

A single platform at least….Then list of them all, helps all the individual fan-groups.

Fans have other cares…It has to be delivered on a plate for them,for them to even start to be interested…Its a pastime…which I am sure you all realise,and joe blogg fan is in principal, a lazy bugger…FT-Forum he can let loose, joining a fan-group,despite his rantings,or plaudits & often audacity of letter threats….

Well a fan-group is just that step to far…for some..!!

Or we have regular,but a minority of ex-pat fans,like me…Some can occasionally

get to the ground or matches ( I used to)..

I am now disabled wheelchair bound ( no longer great distances/flights/ferry), others socially tied down, but had those long term cold night on the terraces behind them.

So we are more less looking into the off-field Goldfish bowl,but follow close every spit, team wise on & off-field..Even upto date on injuries…And often see every game..

Then we have the ‘plastic’-tourist fans,who might like to interface with such groups

We also have a mix,that can use the internet,but lazily don’t know why players A,B or C are not in gameday squad…So just shows the mixed bag of fans hard interests.

One can appreciate the various fan-groups strength of pushing and concentrating on various themes or topics…

I could be wrong,but when major fan-worries-issues & elements escalate,I am sure

majority of fans would prefer that one voice or platform.Then the quiet maverick feels he can take part…An average fan can’t be bothered to hit 2-3 fan-groups with his/her single frustrations,cares,worries,or just basic interests over long periods…it becomes mundane & time consuming..

The above Just loud thoughts really.  
One can’t and shouldn’t be too negative towards those who volunteer their time & services…So.respect & appreciation..:clap:

but like all walks of life one likes to see some

togetherness in a single theme..Fan-group..!!

Edited by fuchsntf

10 hours ago, Foxes_Trust said:

In terms of elections, we are the only fans group that hold official elections (from our members) as part of our constitution, with board members having to re-stand for election every 3 years

In terms of the FCC meetings, other than the fans group places, the club tends to "refresh" the other fans attending by asking for applications on the website every few years, The selection from those that apply is based on ensuring all areas of the ground are represented, along with diversity considerations.

In terms of the Fans Advisory board, we are working with the club to come up with a process to determine how FAB members will be selected, these positions cannot all be selected by the club or by the Trust, but as the FAB's function is strategic, the positions need to be based around the ensuring the right skill sets are in place to achieve a balanced board with expertise in all aspects of its remit

Thanks for the information.   The foxes trust has at least got clear rules... yet I am not sure what it's position is.  Calling ithee fans who would like to change the manager idiots seems a bit rich... do all fixes trust members agree?

I wonder if the clubs is selecting the right representation for FCC..  this is the clubs issue.

The FAB  is a hot one...  I think the club should run elections  for the places... who votes?

Edited by foxinsocks

3 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Thanks for the information.   The foxes trust has at least got clear rules... yet I am not sure what it's position is.  Calling ithee fans who would like to change the manager idiots seems a bit rich... do all fixes trust members agree?

I wonder if the clubs is selecting the right representation for FCC..  this is the clubs issue.

The FAB  is a hot one...  I think the club should run elections  for the places... who votes?

Any club vote is likely to be ST & Members only otherwise you end up with fans of other clubs bastardising the vote.

P

On 25/03/2023 at 22:30, davieG said:

On 26/03/2023 at 10:34, davieG said:

Yeah they seem to be charging for everything these days, you used to just pay the difference, in my case it was from my Senior to an Adult.

On 26/03/2023 at 09:32, Spudulike said:

OK, seems that it's £5 for a ticket reprint but no charge for a mobile ticket. @Foxes_Trust

• Like 1

On 24/03/2023 at 07:41, Mickyblueeyes said:

Ah come on. 

So if I joined the Trust board and was asked to give a report, I would be permitted to write as many derogatory terms as I see fit and you’d happily publish it on the website as it was “a Trust members opinion” ?

Regardless of the nice little caveat at the bottom of each report, you have accountability and responsibility to the demographic you hope, claim and believe you represent.

I wouldn’t want you guys anywhere near representing “my views” with a (potential) outright moron in your ranks.  

Read the report yourself, the writer admits to not seeing the banner, hearing the chants but has determined one set to be idiots and the others to be sensible (despite the latter having allegations of aggression against them). That’s moronic. You can’t have as little checking process as that and claim to be a respectable organisation. 

Still at it in the Palace match report - a dig at supporters, not really a good look. 

On 24/03/2023 at 10:11, Blackboots only said:

@Foxes_Trust with regards to my previous question, which you did not answer. 

How many paid up members does the trust currently have ? 

Still waiting on this 

• Haha 1