Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Euro 2024 Qualifiers

13 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Wow now you're asking!

In my lifetime except goalkeepers!!

Shilton/ Banks/Walker

Chilwell

Maguire

Guppy

Heskey

Lineker

Vardy

Kinda stuck after that! Sure more knowledgeable people will improve on this from 60/70's.

Oh and please forgive spelling I'm rushing as the wife wants her dinner!!

Steve Whitworth

Keith Weller

Frank Worthington

Peter Shilton all played in Joe Mercer's England team

11 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

How can 84,000 people be so quiet?

Its a strange english phenomenon, I swear if they got 80,000 non football fans in the ground they'd make more nosie....Its almost like our fans are intentionally being quiet, its so odd...and it was no different when I went to see a qualifier there, just sooooooo quiet, it was eerie and weirdly unsettling.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
3 minutes ago, nathan. said:

England midfield options are ridiculous.

So much talent.  

Yes we have.

But it’ll just continue to be the same, circular argument that England fans have had for nearly 60 years.

We’ll cruise through the qualifiers at a canter. We expect this and this IS a good squad to pick from.

But will we ever win anything? 
This debate went on for weeks after the WC. What is the final ingredient that results in our International side finally breaking this hoodoo and lifting a trophy?

The pundits will do more of the same. Cream over how good we looked, Maddison finally playing, Toney making his debut etc.

But I think we just look the same as we did. STILL relying on Kane, STILL playing Stones and slab-head at CB.

I’ll not get at all excited or bothered anymore until we go on and put all this potential into something meaningful and when we come up against the best, beat them.

3 hours ago, davieG said:

We’ll it’s not the English anthem for a start it’s even sillier when we’re playing one of the other home nations.  The religious content and eulogising an individual is some what ironic, You shall not worship any other God. The subsequent verse is unacceptable as well.

I’d prefer one that is about England rather than an individual.

Plus it’s a dirge and totally not an uplifting or inspiring piece that you really need for a sporting event.

Agreed, I was at the U21 game yesterday and I found the French anthem more inspiring

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

Standard England qualifying match. Comfortable win in a friendly atmosphere. 

Tidy enough from Maddison but that's it really. 

Welcome to international football, rarely are qualifiers exciting, although I did enjoy both games saw some quality and good all round solid performances. We were never in danger and just eased to a win. Qualification is pretty much certain already 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TJQuik said:

How can 84,000 people be so quiet?

Crowd was full of families and kids so it’s not really surprising. Prem is often off limits to these people and tickets were only £35 so while the atmosphere was crap, a lot of young kids got chance to see their heroes.