Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Euro 2024 Qualifiers

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

What? I must not have been paying attention to the replay. 

If you watch the replay it's an obvious attempt to stop it with his hand, it doesn't matter if it's from a close range if he actually sticks his hand out to block it

It's a shame we've got such average central defenders. I'd love us to try and line up like Man City do.

GK

Walker    CB     Shaw

Stones          Rice

Bellingham 

Saka             Foden            Grealish

Kane

We're going to be forced to play Stones as an out and out CB though, when he's probably been the most impressive midfielder in Europe this season. He was the best player on the pitch in the FA Cup final and the UCL final. I wished we had the balls to try Kane deeper too, as for me he's very similar to De Bruyne and probably our best player on the ball. It's a shame Toney is banned, as I'd like to have seen Kane play off him. Even Pep this year has gone for physicality over technical players, and an England side like the one above has a lot of that, especially if Toney was in over Foden and swapped positions with Kane. 

I don't think Bellingham is a huge drop off from Gundogan, nor is Shaw significantly worse than Ake. The big problem is there's nobody as solid as Dias and I think our number 10s are extremely overrated (Maddison/Mount/Foden) so much so that I'd rather play Kane there and have another striker in front of him. 

31 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

1 own goal and 2 pens against Malta, not very impressive.

I guess it was only that but we looked well in control and defence had nothing to do.

There is more interest in the other home nations or battle for 2nd in various groups than all the big teams generally easing through. 

8 hours ago, Stinkenzo said:

What would have impressed you? Because the more impressive we are, the more the "well it's only Malta" line will be used 

A slicker performance with goals being created and coming from open play. We have the talent, Malta have not.

Perhaps, I'm expecting too much.