Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Euro 2024 Qualifiers

Guest Col city fan
Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

This is without the best group of players we have had for years and years, so yes the quality is there to do something special 

Same thing was said times before with Gazza, Gerrard, Scholes, Lampard, Shearer… the list is endless.

Don’t base ANYTHING on games like these. Macedonia are useless as were Malta.

Personally I still see England’s problem as being in defence. Against top class opposition I wouldn’t give tuppence for Shaw and Maguire.

These games are zero indication of anything.

As has been said time and time and time again

Guest Col city fan
Just now, TJQuik said:

Shame we have a loser for a manager

People have really short memories. 
It’s not that long since the last World Cup where pretty much exactly the same squad buckled as soon as we faced anyone any good.

We can only hope. I’ve learnt not to hope too much when it comes to England though

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

People have really short memories. 
It’s not that long since the last World Cup where pretty much exactly the same squad buckled as soon as we faced anyone any good.

We can only hope. I’ve learnt not to hope too much when it comes to England though

I think the mentality of English players is just weak overall as we see at countless penalty shoot out also looks like Southgate is going a bit more attacking this time round maybe, kill the game instead of waiting for the inevitable

obviously we won't find out nothing in games like tonight. 

Just now, Nalis said:

Some of you English lot make me laugh though, playing well in this and using it to moan 'well we'll just get beat by a big team anyway'. What happened to just enjoying the moment?

Quite agree.

You can only play against what's in front of you etc.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Some of you English lot make me laugh though, playing well in this and using it to moan 'well we'll just get beat by a big team anyway'. What happened to just enjoying the moment?

It is the English way I’m afraid, they will always find something to moan about. Against Malta it is because we didn’t score enough in open play, tonight it is because we aren’t playing argentina or france right now lol 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 2