Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Euro 2024 Qualifiers

Guest Col city fan

Macedonia were meant to be a half decent ‘minnow’ in world football but by God! They’ve been utter turd!

Haven’t had a shot yet, literally not one. They’ve been fooked by the high press and look like a pub side 

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

Macedonia aren't normally a team you best by this score to be fair. Credit where its due, we are getting good at pushing these aside rather than making hard work of them. 

Exactly, they're not on par with your San Marino's and Liechtenstein's, not to say that we shouldn't be comfortably beating them though. Didn't they qualify for the Euros last time or was that Montenegro?

31 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

People have really short memories. 
It’s not that long since the last World Cup where pretty much exactly the same squad buckled as soon as we faced anyone any good.

We can only hope. I’ve learnt not to hope too much when it comes to England though

There's a unique emotional experience with international football. Imagine if we actually did win a world cup - it would be heaven on earth wouldn't it? I think even people who say they don't like international football would shed a tear. We're in the worst position of being perennial losers but being good enough on paper to have a chance, so it's very easy for your imagination to get the better of you every single time as the media hypes it up.

It might be really controversial to say this but that Euros final was by far the most devastating footballing event I've witnessed, so I feel it will take some of the sting out of watching us lose in the quarterfinals for the next 30 years or so.

Just now, Stinkenzo said:

Exactly, they're not on par with your San Marino's and Liechtenstein's, not to say that we shouldn't be comfortably beating them though. Didn't they qualify for the Euros last time or was that Montenegro?

Qualified and only lost out on World Cup qualification with a play off defeat to Portugal 

• Like 1