Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Euro 2024 Qualifiers

Henderson has decided to drop to a much lower standard, but with that there should be consequences.  Unless you are playing at the highest standard you shouldn't be picked for your country. I thought the same when Beckham went to the US. Cannot believe Southgate is sticking with him.

19 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Henderson has decided to drop to a much lower standard, but with that there should be consequences.  Unless you are playing at the highest standard you shouldn't be picked for your country. I thought the same when Beckham went to the US. Cannot believe Southgate is sticking with him.

What is the quality of the Saudi league like? I'm expecting something like Northern Premier League quality and these superstars.

55 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Southgate doesn’t seem to think it’s an issue drooping down quality wise.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66668089

We know Southgate is very loyal so will stick with players who haven’t played for a while and obviously fancies Henderson still despite his move to Saudi.

Hopefully some younger players get a chance .

Is Nick Pope injured or out of favour in the keeper choice ?

Edited by Super_horns

2 minutes ago, StonyFox said:

Southgate is too soft in his squad selections, which then leads to being too soft at critical points in tournaments. 

Wonder if someone higher up is directing him over which players to select..

6 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Wonder if someone higher up is directing him over which players to select..

Like who and which players?

I think he just likes to go with the tried and tested he has worked and done well with even if they aren’t playing .

But yes time for others to get a run out .

Just now, purpleronnie said:

Yep they've been really impressive, great to see the scots in another Euro's, their fans are brilliant.

It would be great if they and the England fans get on well during Tuesday's 150th year anniversary since the two sides first met; but can see quite a bit of trouble, unfortunately..

• Sad 1

What a job Steve Clarke has done. 

National coach suits him down to the ground at this stage of his career. 

Dont care about Tuesdays game now, the important one was tonight. 

If Norway and Georgia draw on Tuesday thats us qualified and the England game can be a big party. 😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wymsey said:

It would be great if they and the England fans get on well during Tuesday's 150th year anniversary since the two sides first met; but can see quite a bit of trouble, unfortunately..

Met a couple/few times in recent years with no fuss. Would be amazed if there's any noteworthy trouble, more so given its a friendly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Wymsey said:

I doubt it, it certainly will be a test for england though.