Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Euro 2024 Qualifiers

15 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Seriously though, I though everyone loves Southgate?

I slate him and the only reply I ever get is "Can't argue with results" (even though he's never won anything)

So what's changed? 

Guy has always been fvcking useless, since day one.

We actually could have won something with a competent manager.

Are people actually realising this, five years too late?

Sounds like England are going through the Rodgers patch at leicester lol forgetting he has some of the best players at his disposal. There was his stupid comment about not having a large pool of players to pick from too lol well if you look outside the sky six and maybe try some that play abroad you might find there are some very good players. Southgate like Rodgers don’t realise just how lucky they are/were with the players they have got 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

Tbf I don't completely lay the blame with Southgate. England/The FA just want a yes man.

That's been a long term theory, but there's no way I'm having it anymore.

You telling me the FA are forcing him to pick and play Maguire and Henderson?

No. 

It's all on him and his fvcking boring shite football.

He's at the helm of the most exiting crop of young players that England have ever had.

Yeah....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

That's been a long term theory, but there's no way I'm having it anymore.

You telling me the FA are forcing him to pick and play Maguire and Henderson?

No. 

It's all on him and his fvcking boring shite football.

He's at the helm of the most exiting crop of young players that England have ever had.

Yeah....

Lol of course not but that’s a by product of being a yes man, which the fa want. He’ll always take the no risk safety first approach to everything. Like someone who’s worked in a council job for 26.5 years, wears m&s suits and slip on shoes and gels their hair up 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Lol of course not but that’s a by product of being a yes man, which the fa want. He’ll always take the no risk safety first approach to everything. Like someone who’s worked in a council job for 26.5 years, wears m&s suits and slip on shoes and gels their hair up 

OK, so do the FA make him pick those tactics and subs?

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

Seriously though, I though everyone loves Southgate?

I slate him and the only reply I ever get is "Can't argue with results" (even though he's never won anything)

So what's changed? 

Guy has always been fvcking useless, since day one.

We actually could have won something with a competent manager.

Are people actually realising this, five years too late?

Does anyone actually love him? I think most stick up for him when people start comparing him to the supposed exciting glory years of the 90s and noughties when we also won **** all. Tactically better managers at international level doesn't always equate to winning things either or even having a good run as we saw with Sven and Capello. But I agree, I've never been a massive fan (mainly because he'd done nothing to deserve the job) and we should probably be looking for better.

30 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Does anyone actually love him? I think most stick up for him when people start comparing him to the supposed exciting glory years of the 90s and noughties when we also won **** all. Tactically better managers at international level doesn't always equate to winning things either or even having a good run as we saw with Sven and Capello. But I agree, I've never been a massive fan (mainly because he'd done nothing to deserve the job) and we should probably be looking for better.

If pretty much any England manager, going back 40 years, bar McClaren and Hodgson, had this current crop of players, they'd have won something.

The failure to get to the 2018 World Cup final, at least, is still absolutely criminal.

Edited by tom27111

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

OK, so do the FA make him pick those tactics and subs?

As per above, indirectly, yes. They’ve hired a safety first yes man, do you really expect said yes man to be adventurous with his tactics? Of course not. It’s like hiring a council worker for a fashion show and then saying it’s not your fault when he turns up in an off the shelf high street suit. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

If pretty much any England manager, going back 40 years, bar McClaren and Hodgson, had this current crop of players, they'd have won something.

The failure to get to the 2018 World Cup final, at least, is still absolutely criminal.

Would they? Two of our most recent ones wouldn't of, you've got Capello who by all accounts was awful at managing the group and Sven who had one of the best defences to pick from that I can remember and never got past a quarter final. You get one chance every two years to win something, and there's always going to be a handful of sides disappointed it's just the way international football is.

Edited by Tommy Fresh