Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Euro 2024 Qualifiers

1 hour ago, Wortho said:

Are people really bothered about the national team? Southgate has turned them into an uninspiring and tedious team. His ridiculous team selections are woeful. These players are good but he’s turned into boring team. 

I think they are supported more than ever really - certainly more than under Capello or Hodgson .

I know he isn’t the greatest but some of the criticism does seem harsh but I guess people want to see goals and fast flowing attractive football .

• Like 2

It's a back and forth, it's better than previous managers but it's still boring being gaslight by the media that we have some top manager because he hasn't totally fumbled it like his predecessors. Happened to watch last night (I rarely bother these days outside of tournaments I've got to admit) and it was more attempts to gaslight the viewer into thinking they hadn't just watched a load of crap all because Southgate got the media on side early.

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

I think they are supported more than ever really - certainly more than under Capello or Hodgson .

I know he isn’t the greatest but some of the criticism does seem harsh but I guess people want to see goals and fast flowing attractive football .

They still haven’t won anything ..and he doesn’t utilise the squad of good players.. he seems to be the perfect spokesman for the FA with all his bs woke bollocks to me!

1 hour ago, Wortho said:

So you agree about taking the knee?

Yeah. Why does it bother you so much? Like literally, how does it affect your life when someone kneels for about 10 seconds pre-game? 

What builds up in your body to be so angry about wanting social equality lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yeah. Why does it bother you so much? Like literally, how does it affect your life when someone kneels for about 10 seconds pre-game? 

What builds up in your body to be so angry about wanting social equality lol

Blimey mate you seem to have issues. 

You seem a bit of weirdo.

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

lol

I love snowflake, by far and away the most hilarious ironic insult of the 21st century. The oblivious  projection never fails to crack me up. 

Guy that gets his jimmies completely rustled by a few footballers kneeling down thinks everyone else is fragile.

Hahaha. Bless you. 

So you think it's relevant for people to acknowledge a US thug who threatened a pregnant woman with a pistol?

I would actually like to thank @Wortho here. 

Funnily enough, watching our game the other day and seeing how the players ritualistically took the knee like they would any other pre-game obligation without comment or reaction from the ref, fans, commentators or anyone else in the stadium, I got to thinking about how it was becoming redundant. It was no longer achieving the target that was intended by drawing attention to racism within the game or encouraging debate about it in the public eye. 

Yet here we are. Not only has Wortho shown that it's still needed to highlight some peoples ignorance and misunderstanding of what it means and represents but he has demonstrated that it still works because we are in an active discussion about it. 

So, thanks Wortho... I guess. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Wortho said:

Southgate justified taking the knee by saying that “we have to educate the world”.

If you’re okay with that it says a lot about you.

I don’t like Southgate as a manager but I base it on the style of football and his competency regarding the role he does. I disagree with your viewpoint on the “woke” stuff and I support the taking of the knee but let’s ignore our politics for a second.  You seem to suggest that his “woke bs” has an effect on his competency as a manager? Can you illustrate how this manifests itself? I’m genuinely interest. Thank you. 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Wortho said:

Oh dear, another snowflake.

And yet here you are being the one with a vagina full of sand - all because one person is saying people should be nice to each other. lol

Odds on, our collective BP readings are lower than yours. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I think you have a bitter and fairly narrow world view and I feel a bit sorry for you (assuming you aren't just trolling everyone in which case I have to applaud your success rate, we've all bitten.)

I also think if you're chiming in repeating pretty obvious racist dog whistles (whether intentionally or not) in order to deny that there's a need to advocate for equality in 2023 then you're shooting yourself in the foot by demonstrating that there's an obvious need to advocate for equality in 2023.

You also lost any debate you might wanted to have had on the matter (and there probably is a debate to be had, it's not universally accepted that taking the knee is much more than just symbolic virtue signalling by extremely privileged millionaires) when you started throwing "woke" and "snowflake" around like a generic Facebook troll. 

None of us are going to be particularly interested in discussing the nuances of the situation with you when you've demonstrated you don't understand them. You can take that as a "win" if you want and laugh triumphantly but I promise you literally everyone else (except I Am Rod Hull lol ) reading this will conclude that's just a coping mechanism on your part. 

I hope for your sakes you have a few positive experiences in the rest of your life that challenges your world view a little bit, I can't imagine it's the happiest existence being perpetually enraged by basic human decency. 

However, I accept that some of the wealthiest people on the planet work very hard to pump hateful and divisive messages in to social and even mainstream media to keep people a little lacking in critical thinking agitated and angry and so I sympathise because I guess it's not really all your fault that you believe the things you do. 

Best of luck man. Lots of love. 

Your banter is poor mate