Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Euro 2024 Qualifiers

14 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I don’t like Southgate as a manager but I base it on the style of football and his competency regarding the role he does. I disagree with your viewpoint on the “woke” stuff and I support the taking of the knee but let’s ignore our politics for a second.  You seem to suggest that his “woke bs” has an effect on his competency as a manager? Can you illustrate how this manifests itself? I’m genuinely interest. Thank you. 

It's his woke bs that keeps him in a job. If you're happy for Southgate as a manager you crack on. Would you be happy if Southgate was the Leicester manager? I'm genuinely interested. Cheers

1 hour ago, Scotch said:

I would actually like to thank @Wortho here. 

Funnily enough, watching our game the other day and seeing how the players ritualistically took the knee like they would any other pre-game obligation without comment or reaction from the ref, fans, commentators or anyone else in the stadium, I got to thinking about how it was becoming redundant. It was no longer achieving the target that was intended by drawing attention to racism within the game or encouraging debate about it in the public eye. 

Yet here we are. Not only has Wortho shown that it's still needed to highlight some peoples ignorance and misunderstanding of what it means and represents but he has demonstrated that it still works because we are in an active discussion about it. 

So, thanks Wortho... I guess. 

What does taking the knee actually mean? An empty and pointless gesture that players such as Zaha wouldn't even participate. In the Woman's WC, the England took the knee but the Nigerian team didn't!!! 

2 minutes ago, Wortho said:

What does taking the knee actually mean? An empty and pointless gesture that players such as Zaha wouldn't even participate. In the Woman's WC, the England took the knee but the Nigerian team didn't!!! 

There is definitely an argument to be had that, at least for the time being, the taking the knee has lost some of its intended impact, and has run its course and served its purpose. But 3 seconds of kneeling is hardly worth having an aneurysm over, is it?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Wortho said:

It draws attention to the issue. Obviously kneeling isn't going to have an effect on racism directly but talking about it  having it in the limelight of the media and forefront of people's minds could and kneeling clearly does atleast some of that as we are talking about it right now. Zaha NOT doing it achieves the exact same goal, it draws attention to the fact he didn't which in turn gets people talking about the actual issue. 

Regardless though, whether you agree with them doing it, it doesn't really effect you negatively in any way so I don't understand the strong opposition to it. The only opposition I could understand would be from people who are actually racist and I'm sure you're not. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

There is definitely an argument to be had that, at least for the time being, the taking the knee has lost some of its intended impact, and has run its course and served its purpose. But 3 seconds of kneeling is hardly worth having an aneurysm over, is it?

Who said I'm having a aneurysm? You, and these other plums think I'm triggered by these leftie wetwipes on here!!

You carry on with your support for a US drug taking thug. Whatever floats your boat :appl:

Just now, Scotch said:

Right guys, we are getting way off topic here so instead of getting the thread shut down, let's talk about how Scotland are clearly going to go on and win the Euro's. 

Let's be honest it'd be far more Scotland if you somehow manage to still not qualify from here. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Wortho said:

It's his woke bs that keeps him in a job. If you're happy for Southgate as a manager you crack on. Would you be happy if Southgate was the Leicester manager? I'm genuinely interested. Cheers

Thank you for taking the time to respond, I appreciate it and I enjoy hearing alternate viewpoints. I literally said in my first sentence I don’t like Southgate as a manager so I’m confused as to why you just said I was happy with him? I wouldn’t like Southgate as a manager no, because I don’t rate him as a manager (which I also said in my previous post). You appear to be asking me things I didn’t even state? My question was how does his “woke bs” affect his management skills? Can you show me the evidence that his “wokeness” is keeping him in his his job? I’d assumed what was keeping in in his job was that, in terms of tournament results , he’s the second most successful manager we’ve had in our history. Again, I want to stress, I’m not happy with him as manager and I wouldn’t want him as Leicester manager. I wouldn’t want you to misunderstand again. 

I’m just curious as to how you think his wokeness is important? How does it affect his ability to do his job? I’m loathe to put words on your mouth but are you saying one of the things on your list of desirables if you were interviewing would be “I don’t like taking the knee”? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

Thank you for taking the time to respond, I appreciate it and I enjoy hearing alternate viewpoints. I literally said in my first sentence I don’t like Southgate as a manager so I’m confused as to why you just said I was happy with him? I wouldn’t like Southgate as a manager no, because I don’t rate him as a manager (which I also said in my previous post). You appear to be asking me things I didn’t even state? My question was how does his “woke bs” affect his management skills? Can you show me the evidence that his “wokeness” is keeping him in his his job? I’d assumed what was keeping in in his job was that, in terms of tournament results , he’s the second most successful manager we’ve had in our history. Again, I want to stress, I’m not happy with him as manager and I wouldn’t want him as Leicester manager. I wouldn’t want you to misunderstand again. 

I’m just curious as to how you think his wokeness is important? How does it affect his ability to do his job? I’m loathe to put words on your mouth but are you saying one of the things on your list of desirables if you were interviewing would be “I don’t like taking the knee”? 

The FA employed Southgate because he is a 'yes' man. He says all the nonsense stuff about rainbow laces and armbands. But curiously didn't mention them in Qatar, or have the team wear them. So all his principles went out of the window, because it was more important for the FA and him to earn their shillings.

Sorry if I wrongly attributed something that you didn't say previously. And I am fine with you supporting players taking the knee, you have your opinion and I have mine.

Oh man, Rob Page going full Toshack. You hate to see it. You never go full Toshack.

Three centre backs (one of which is a full back), two defensive midfielders, "wing" backs, a 56 year old Aaron Ramsey, the searing pace of Harry Wilson and basically just Brennan Johnson having to solo the opposition defence.

All for fvcking Latvia lol

I feel like he's probably seen how Scotland have been setting up but I'm just not really convinced it's an intelligent way to go.

2 hours ago, Wortho said:

The FA employed Southgate because he is a 'yes' man. He says all the nonsense stuff about rainbow laces and armbands. But curiously didn't mention them in Qatar, or have the team wear them. So all his principles went out of the window, because it was more important for the FA and him to earn their shillings.

Sorry if I wrongly attributed something that you didn't say previously. And I am fine with you supporting players taking the knee, you have your opinion and I have mine.

I agree, he is a yes man. And a boring appointment. And a boring manager. I would rather he be gotten rid of. But for me, all of that is based on football. I support BLM and rainbow laces, etc. But those things have absolutely 0% to do with him as a manager and my views on him are purely based upon football. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

I agree, he is a yes man. And a boring appointment. And a boring manager. I would rather he be gotten rid of. But for me, all of that is based on football. I support BLM and rainbow laces, etc. But those things have absolutely 0% to do with him as a manager and my views on him are purely based upon football. 

I think Southgate forgot about his principles in the WC, he’d rather increase his bank balance. It’s the same with Henderson, he sacrificed the rainbow laces for the Saudi shilling. 
And he won’t get a job in the premier when he eventually goes.