Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Euro 2024 Qualifiers

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

To be honest we did well first half, but this is a statement and hopefully southgate can continue to let the gears go up rather than put us back to neutral 

And that's a bit of a concern. I hope this isn't a one off. Southgate could revert to the conservative way he seems to favour

Guest Col city fan

I’ve no doubt now that if this England squad don’t go on to win the next tournament (or get very very near), it’ll be a major disappointment.

We have it all now. Kane scoring for fun in Germany. Bellingham possibly the best overall young player in the world. A squad full of depth and quality.

The ONLY slight concern remains the defence in my mind. I’m no Pickford fan and it still seems like the Stones/Maguire combo will be the CB’s of choice.

But Christ, we should have enough this time to win the fookin thing!

Edited by Col city fan

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

No one can doubt that wasn’t a world class performance 

It was a decent second half performance. Not so sure about the first half. So not world class. 

A major tournament win for England is close. 

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

I’ve no doubt now that if this England squad don’t go on to win the next tournament (or get very very near), it’ll be a major disappointment.

We have it all now. Kane scoring for fun in Germany. Bellingham possibly the best young overall player in the world. A squad full of depth and quality.

The ONLY slight concern remains the defence in my mind. I’m no Pickford fan and it still seems like the Stones/Maguire combo will be the CB’s of choice.

Maguire has always been consistently a 7/10 for England though, no? 

We’ve only conceded 3 goals this qualifying campaign as well. 

Edited by Bert

Just now, Col city fan said:

We have it all now. Kane scoring for fun in Germany. Bellingham possibly the best young overall player in the world. A squad full of depth and quality.

We have the next Real Madrid legend and Bayern fans are enjoying Kane… guess what it is best that we actually look like a team too 

Not a lot of chances created but really controlled 2nd half performance. 2 quality bits of individual play, we have the talent that can just pop with something of nothing. Young Italian defender got done in similar fashion for both goals. 

Goes without saying but Bellingham is the difference, brings something from midfield noone else can. 

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, Bert said:

Maguire has always been consistently a 7/10 for England though, no? 

Will that be enough to win a tournament Bert? If we slip up, it’ll be a defensive lapse. We’ll score for fun with this attacking talent, but we could concede too many 

Just now, Col city fan said:

Will that be enough to win a tournament Bert? If we slip up, it’ll be a defensive lapse. We’ll score for fun with this attacking talent, but we could concede too many 

That is my worry, it is alll well and good when we are controlling things, but exorcising in the first half when countered we were actually weaker on his side. It is frustrating because we have better defenders 

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Brazil won a lot by not being great at the back, but southgate until tonight didn’t prove he could use offence to protect that weaker back line. Honestly if we play like we did in the second half at the euros we will win it in my view