Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Euro 2024 Qualifiers

10 hours ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

Biggest talent out of England since...? What a player!

.. since Kane.

And people may laugh but he has been one of the best strikers in the World for years now, consistently scoring goals for club and country.

To score 200+ goals for Spurs, all at top flight level, in 10 years is incredible.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

.. since Kane.

And people may laugh but he has been one of the best strikers in the World for years now, consistently scoring goals for club and country.

To score 200+ goals for Spurs, all at top flight level, in 10 years is incredible.

Fair point but Kane was never a talent at a young age like Bellingham was, we saw that when he was here. I don't think he has the natural talent that some England players have been blessed with but he has traits that I wish some other more talented England players shared. Kane's an incredible grafter and got there through professionalism, hardwork and determination. A rare player who maximises 100% of his potential.

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

My issue with Maguire is that he’s fine at this stage in the season, had some minutes for club, not looking rusty. But by the time we get to next summer and tournament time he’ll be going in to huge games having made about 10 starts.

It’ll be the same for a few of them (Phillips for example) that’s when it comes unstuck, when they come up against someone who has had an incredible season and is running on adrenaline. 

With Tonali about to get a substantial ban Newcastle are looking to get Phillips in & he'll play most w/ends there.

With Southgates penchant for 2x DMs Phillips will always be around the squad just because of the who else is there, personally I'd rather see him sack off Henderson & have JWP with him playing along side Rice with Jude ahead of them & Phillips as the back up, but it won't happen JWP will miss out to Henderson because of loyalty & final hurrah.

The other central midfielders in & around the squad are more attack minded; Maddison, Gallagher, Mount, +...can't think?? but no one is getting ahead of Jude now.
The likes of Liverpool & Man C youngsters breaking in at this stage are remote, Elliot, Jones, Lewis

As an outside bet if we do blow the championship away then they might cast an eye over Winks for a DM role but very unlikely at this stage.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

.. since Kane.

Kane is a genuinely excellent striker, nobody should be laughing at that. Has consistently been one of the top 5 players in his position globally throughout most of his career. 

But Bellingham is something different. Kane has never really been seriously in the running in a conversation about "the best player in the world." If Bellingham keeps it up he might be. 

Think he could turn out to be the best British & Irish player in my lifetime easily if he keeps progressing as he is. 

• Like 1

When you insist on picking players because you're mates with them and not what they're doing on the pitch then you're going to draw criticism.

Clubs, managers and owners really do think that the fans should be grateful for anything and everything and show unwavering support for every decision. 

• Like 1

Speaking personally, I've never seen any utility in booing during the course of a match in terms of making a player or team play better and so it's mostly just self-gratification to me, but at the same time it sure as hell isn't up to Maguire to say who "real fans" are or aren't.

• Like 1

I think Maguire is using a situation about Henderson to make a point about himself. Its misguided at the very least though, Henderson is quite rightfully booed imo. Hypocrite of the highest order without the decency yo admit it.

8 hours ago, Fox92 said:

.. since Kane.

Fair play you're right, someone also mentioned Rooney I'd agree with that as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davieG said:

May be an image of ‎1 person, playing American football, playing football and ‎text that says "‎وู้ WHY HARRY KANE HAS SCORED ZERO PROPER GOALS FOR ENGLAND... PENALTY GOALS NON-ELITE COMPETITION GOALS 21 13 EURO QUALIFIER GOALS FRIENDLY GOALS 8 5 GOALS vS SAN MARINO 3 Football365‎"‎‎

It's so stupid. I had a quick glance, if you apply the same restrictions and only count non penalties at the World Cup/European finals then Shearer only scored 6 goals for England.

It's utter nonsense. 

There’s an utterly bizarre situation caused by the nations league that means that Ireland have a better chance of qualifying by losing to the netherlands. 

because the top 2 nations league sides who don’t qualify will make it, it means that irelands best chance is for a team ranked higher in the nations league to qualify in their group.  if they lose to netherlands and they top greece. ireland could qualify as their nations league record is better than greeces.

Essentially, someone making the rules f-ed up 

First tournament I've ever gone into where I really think England have a serious chance. I think only the French have a squad as good as ours now and I'm saying this as somebody who has generally been down on England and our chances. Southgate is the leveller. 

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

First tournament I've ever gone into where I really think England have a serious chance. I think only the French have a squad as good as ours now and I'm saying this as somebody who has generally been down on England and our chances. Southgate is the leveller. 

Which is what is going to get me watching international football…because the inevitable spursy collapse will be a joy to behold. Mentally, that squad is weak. 

2 hours ago, Daggers said:

Which is what is going to get me watching international football…because the inevitable spursy collapse will be a joy to behold. Mentally, that squad is weak. 

It's very much a see it to believe it - I agree with you, ultimately England still haven't won a game under Southgate (bar Spain away in the Nations League) that they weren't favourites to win.

But I do think talent wise this is a legitimately good team now. People should be demanding victory and absolutely none of this celebrating being runners up Spurs nonsense. I don't think France are that much better that it's acceptable to go out to them twice in 18 months.

21 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

There’s an utterly bizarre situation caused by the nations league that means that Ireland have a better chance of qualifying by losing to the netherlands. 

because the top 2 nations league sides who don’t qualify will make it, it means that irelands best chance is for a team ranked higher in the nations league to qualify in their group.  if they lose to netherlands and they top greece. ireland could qualify as their nations league record is better than greeces.

Essentially, someone making the rules f-ed up 

I presume it depends on other results in the various groups too rather than Ireland having to just lose .

There was something on Wiki about the various potential play off rankings but was very complicated!

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

I presume it depends on other results in the various groups too rather than Ireland having to just lose .

There was something on Wiki about the various potential play off rankings but was very complicated!

yep, but it’s definitely puts the integrity of the games in danger.  There will eventually be a situation where a team purposefully loses and gets qualification for doing so, whilst someone loses out to a team that got free points 

Edited by Lambert09

• 2 weeks later...