Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Palace away post match thread 2-1 defeat

Was working today so didn’t follow the game properly but saw the result. Just got back and saw the “31 shots to 3” chat and thought folk were being silly billies. Just checked and that’s actually true? Fvck me. I can’t think of one valid argument l for why he shouldn’t be sacked now. It’s so depressing. Literally anyone would be better for the remainder of the season. 

• Like 2

Obviously Rodgers has to go and is quite rightly being battered on here, but I feel the players are getting off really lightly. There were some truly honking performances from them today. Ndidi and KDH were beyond awful, Daka spent the afternoon falling over and being bullied as usual, Souttar was badly exposed several times in the second half and completely lost Mateta for the goal, Tete was terrible again, Castagne was wrecked by Zaha until the latter's injury and Barnes and Maddison were anonymous. Only Iversen, Faes and Ricardo performed at a competent level. If 8 out of 11 players are below expected levels a defeat is inevitable. Of course the set up and motivation from the manager is lacking but our players seem unable to even control and pass the ball any more. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Obviously Rodgers has to go and is quite rightly being battered on here, but I feel the players are getting off really lightly. There were some truly honking performances from them today. Ndidi and KDH were beyond awful, Daka spent the afternoon falling over and being bullied as usual, Souttar was badly exposed several times in the second half and completely lost Mateta for the goal, Tete was terrible again, Castagne was wrecked by Zaha until the latter's injury and Barnes and Maddison were anonymous. Only Iversen, Faes and Ricardo performed at a competent level. If 8 out of 11 players are below expected levels a defeat is inevitable. Of course the set up and motivation from the manager is lacking but our players seem unable to even control and pass the ball any more. 

They no we are going down.

Have given up. To be fair I.d give up as well playing this turgid football.

If they had guts and determination they should ignor everything bodgers says and play there own game.

The only plausible reason for BR remaining in the job has to be the level of compensation we would have to pay. 

Can it? Even if no one is available, you roll the Dice and remove in thus releasing the squad from the day to day malaise on the training field 

5 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Thing is, they clearly have good performances in them as they go away on international duty and smash it. The atmosphere here is poison and it needs changing, you won't see any improvement from the players until there's a change. 

22 minutes ago, bovril said:

Not sure I've cared less about a last minute defeat. Total disinterest at the moment.

A point would have masked yet another atrocious, incompetent performance. I feel dirty saying it, but I’ll pleased with losing the point if it means the penny starts to drop in the Board room.

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

Shameful.

I know that number of shots is not necessarily a true reflection of how well two teams have played, but that's incredible. Some of the recent stats that have come out are mind blowing. What is it like 4 points from losing positions in the last 12 months? 3 of which came against a dog awful Watford side. 

Edited by bovril

1 minute ago, bovril said:

I know that number of shots is not necessarily a true reflection of how well two teams have played, but that's incredible. Some of the recent stats that have come out are mind blowing. What is it like 4 points from losing positions in the last 12 months? 3 of which came against a dog awful Watford side. 

To place it in context even further . This was two teams ‘fighting’ to stay up. Possession wise was 50/50 and both teams had about the same number of passes. 

Palace managed to give themselves 31 shooting opportunities while with our passes, we mustered 3. 

You could understand if Palace had something like 70% possession to our 30. But that’s absolutely shocking for us. 

Hodgson and his staff looked to have given very simple advice this week - Palace ain’t scoring goals, so let’s just shoot more 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MPH said:

So that’s it then. We are officially in the relegation zone.  We are absolutely on course to be relegated now.

2004 - the last time Arsenal won the Prem. Also the last time Leicester got relegated from the Prem.....

10 minutes ago, bovril said:

Lost 22pts from winning positions this season IIRC

Most goal conceded in the first seven games in PL history this season

0.01 XG vs Arsenal at home

On the shot metric this season today's performance by Palace was the most dominant in the PL this season.

Bad luck, bad games and freak occurrences happen but when there these many indicators you can't put it down to anything but inadequate.

• Like 1

One last rant… I attach the team below which drew at Sunderland in 2014 and fought till the very end to keep us up.

Make no mistake 10 games to go and we have to really dig in.

Yes at the time the team below had no “superstars” - it was just a team of hard working ferocious lads.

Play the team below against our lot now and there’s only one winner.

You can blame transfer windows, players, etc. but if the man in the middle can’t motivate and makes little claps on the bench we are going one way.

Kasper Schmeichel
Ritchie De Laet
Paul Konchesky
Wes Morgan
Marcin Wasilewski
Matty James
Jeffrey Schlupp
Esteban Cambiasso
Riyad Mahrez
Leonardo Ulloa
Jamie Vardy

Subs

David Nugent  
Anthony Knockaert  
Chris Wood

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Lost 22pts from winning positions this season IIRC

Most goal conceded in the first seven games in PL history this season

0.01 XG vs Arsenal at home

On the shot metric this season today's performance by Palace was the most dominant in the PL this season.

Bad luck, bad games and freak occurrences happen but when there these many indicators you can't put it down to anything but inadequate.

Add another one to that, when has this ever happened before? Mental weakness personified and that starts with the manager.

• Like 1