Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
demon_dog

Will Rodgers be sacked now?

Will Top sack Rodgers?  

469 members have voted

1. 1. Your thoughts, will Top sack Rodgers now.

• Yes
    • No

I've thought for a while he'll go til the summer but I think this week will swing it.

Lose two home games and the ground will turn very quickly. The people in G shushing SK1 are a minority. Losing at home to Chelsea is one thing. Lose to Villa and Bournemouth and it won't take until the 85th minute for the chants and boos. If the media and TV pick up audible boos Top - whatever his own thoughts or opinions - won't want that. He was grateful to Puel for steadying the ship on the pitch after his Dad died but sacked him about 6 weeks later when the ground turned on him. He's grateful to Rodgers for the cup but unhappy punters and the club in the bottom 3 could be the final straw.

I hope.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Another year with him is far harder to stomach than relegation at this stage. We'll be looking in a completely different pool of managers that's for sure

I'm at a point where I think I'd sooner go down knowing he was gone than another year of this - of which we'd just get relegated anyway.

I'm going to have to really assess the time and money I'm putting into this if we continue to take the piss out of the fans like this by insulting us with having this manager in place next season as well. It's been far too long already.

What has he got on Rudders and Susan that Claudio, Poohell and Shaky never had??  Has a Premier League Manager ever survived a run of results like this and kept his Job?

This board deserves everything that is coming to them. Negligence of the highest order.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

What has he got on Rudders and Susan that Claudio, Poohell and Shaky never had??  Has a Premier League Manager ever survived a run of results like this and kept his Job?

This board deserves everything that is coming to them. Negligence of the highest order.

It's incredible, bottom half of the table there's only Bournemouth (delighted with 17th) Forest (Cooper under pressure but newly promoted and fighting) and West Ham (Europe keeping Moyes in a job) that haven't made a change. 

Then there's Rodgers, with 17 defeats, FA Cup exit at home to a championship side and 19th in the league by this evening. No fight, no passion,no idea, just a big paycheck and a little clap on the halfway line.  If he's not gone today, he really is Premium grade Teflon. 

• Like 2

Just can’t see him being sack I’ve gone from loving the club to hating it. Everything from the manager to collecting away tickets. We’ve turned in to a joke of a club. We’ve not even tried to stay up by a manager change. 

They can’t afford to sack him, and if they can’t afford to sack him , they definitely can’t afford a ground expansion, so us going down gets king power out of its commitment to build one. I think the owners want us to go down and they want out.

Edited by yorkie1999

My hunch says he’s gone this evening. I don’t know why, it just feels different this time.

Despite the opinions of a lot of people, they’re not completely tone deaf. If he isn’t sacked, I imagine they’ll be some reason why not… probably because they can’t secure a replacement.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I know there's a lot of copium on this topic but there surely has to be a tipping point. Genuinely, define to me what it would actually take for him to go?

I've never seen a manager survive a run this bad. It's barely believable what's going on. 

I think a loss against Villa at home could be it. You just know the atmosphere will be toxic similar to Palace at home under Puel.

Guest bennytwohats
1 minute ago, Saxondale said:

My hunch says he’s gone this evening. I don’t know why, it just feels different this time.

Despite the opinions of a lot of people, they’re not completely tone deaf. If he isn’t sacked, I imagine they’ll be some reason why not… probably because they can’t secure a replacement.

Feels different to who? To me it feels completely like Groundhog Day. Objectively, has anyone from the club done anything at all to hint at any difference? All I see is the same radio silence

Just now, bennytwohats said:

Feels different to who? To me it feels completely like Groundhog Day. Objectively, has anyone from the club done anything at all to hint at any difference? All I see is the same radio silence

I don’t understand this radio silence thing. Are the club supposed to put an announcement each morning saying “we’re not sacking the manager today”?

3 hours ago, dannythefox said:

We’ve not even tried to stay up by a manager change

This is it for me. The club don’t even seem to want to try and avoid it.

Is relegation the preferred option? Do we not have the funds required for a premier league rebuild and instead have decided on dropping down? Certainly feels that way

Just now, Saxondale said:

I don’t understand this radio silence thing. Are the club supposed to put an announcement each morning saying “we’re not sacking the manager today”?

No but you’d expect more from the media on his position which tend to come from leaks from the club.

3 hours ago, Fazzer 7 said:

No chance of him being sacked. He'll walk when we're relegated.

If he was going to walk as in resign and not get any compo he'd do that now and not at the end of the season.

Who is going to take him, a relegated manager?

Guest bennytwohats
1 minute ago, Saxondale said:

Well take a look at the forum and the angst among fans and you'll see so many comments on here that the board are oblivious to the precariousness of our position. I think them acknowledging the situation would be a start. They should be clarifying what exactly their strategy is here beyond backing a manager who keeps trying the same thing week after week when it's clear as day that it's not working.

I'll ask again though - you said it feels different. What can you objectively point to to support that? If it feels different then it's only in your head because there is nothing objective that is different to any of the other losses when nobody from the club is saying a word other than the manager, and he is saying exactly the same things as last time. I'm picking up on your point here so if you take issue with the radio silence comment then maybe you can at least clarify this - what feels different?

2 minutes ago, shiv said:

No but you’d expect more from the media on his position which tend to come from leaks from the club.

Nah, manager sack talk in the media is nothing more than speculation. Anybody can look at the league table and say “Manager X needs to win some games or be sacked”. 

4 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

I'll ask again though - you said it feels different. What can you objectively point to to support that? If it feels different then it's only in your head because there is nothing objective that is different to any of the other losses when nobody from the club is saying a word other than the manager, and he is saying exactly the same things as last time. I'm picking up on your point here so if you take issue with the radio silence comment then maybe you can at least clarify this - what feels different?

I said it was a hunch. Do you know what a hunch is?

noun

1. 1. 
    a feeling or guess based on intuition rather than fact.
Edited by Saxondale

Guest bennytwohats
Just now, Saxondale said:

I said it was a hunch. Do you know what a hunch is?

You said it was a hunch he goes tonight, because it feels different this time.

The hunch is that's he's gone - I understand that. I'm asking you to clarify the second part to your comment, what feels different?

You can't answer because there is nothing objective you can point to.