Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
demon_dog

Will Rodgers be sacked now?

Will Top sack Rodgers?  

469 members have voted

1. 1. Your thoughts, will Top sack Rodgers now.

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, bennytwohats said:

You said it was a hunch he goes tonight, because it feels different this time.

The hunch is that's he's gone - I understand that. I'm asking you to clarify the second part to your comment, what feels different?

You can't answer because there is nothing objective you can point to.

Oh jeez. Sometimes just need to let things go. He said it was a hunch. And it feels different. Feelings are often not objective. 

35 minutes ago, shiv said:

I think a loss against Villa at home could be it. You just know the atmosphere will be toxic similar to Palace at home under Puel.

People keep saying “it’ll be toxic if we lose”. Then we lose. Then people say the next game will be toxic if we lose. Then we lose. 

Repeat.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, shiv said:

I think a loss against Villa at home could be it. You just know the atmosphere will be toxic similar to Palace at home under Puel.

I just don't see it. If it hasn't gone toxic by now it never will. 

The fact people still defend BR is very telling of the fan base on a whole. He has got enough credit for far too may people because we won the Cup. 

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

People keep saying “it’ll be toxic if we lose”. Then we lose. Then people say the next game will be toxic if we lose. Then we lose. 

Repeat.

I get your point but yesterday was the loudest I’ve heard the Rodgers Out chants at any game. And from where I was sat it felt like 70% of the away end chanted it. 

2 minutes ago, browniefox said:

I just don't see it. If it hasn't gone toxic by now it never will. 

The fact people still defend BR is very telling of the fan base on a whole. He has got enough credit for far too may people because we won the Cup. 

The last home game, when he subbed off Mendy, everyone around me were going ballistic, he has no or very little credit left  in my corner of the ground, I sit near the restaurant corner of the ground, near the family stand.

Just now, ithuriel said:

The last home game, when he subbed off Mendy, everyone around me were going ballistic, he has no or very little credit left  in my corner of the ground, I sit near the restaurant corner of the ground, near the family stand.

Unfortunately this isn't every single fan. 

When we lost at home after playing shite football, there was hardly any audible boos, and the ones that were heard only lasted half a second. 

It needs to be longer and louder. 

I can't help with the boos as I refuse to go the ground while BR is still in charge, missed half of last season for the same reason, this year came to the first game before calling it off. 440 quid for one game is bizarre but it's better for my health that I don't go and be as angry as I know I would be. 

Glutton for punishment those that go every week, can't wait to get there again (when he leaves). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, browniefox said:

Unfortunately this isn't every single fan. 

When we lost at home after playing shite football, there was hardly any audible boos, and the ones that were heard only lasted half a second. 

It needs to be longer and louder. 

I can't help with the boos as I refuse to go the ground while BR is still in charge, missed half of last season for the same reason, this year came to the first game before calling it off. 440 quid for one game is bizarre but it's better for my health that I don't go and be as angry as I know I would be. 

Glutton for punishment those that go every week, can't wait to get there again (when he leaves). 

There were loud boos at the subbing and a fair bit of swearing, peeps were walking out very early again in disgust, which is why you are not getting much booing at the final whistle, think peeps were leaving in droves on 70 minutes last time around because they've had enough.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Tuna said:

If he was going to walk as in resign and not get any compo he'd do that now and not at the end of the season.

Who is going to take him, a relegated manager?

I just can't see him in the championship. But if by some miracle we do stay up, surely he has to be sacked.

Guest Col city fan
23 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Repeat.

A lot of our fans don’t seem capable of ‘toxicity’, at least not publically. 
There is this thing that a large swathe of City fans feel they need to be loyal both to the owner who was at the helm when we won the league and to Rodgers when we won the FA cup.

I kind of understand that. But what they don’t realise is that blindly sticking to their guns on this is probably having an impact on the future of the football club.

Part of me thinks that Top hasn’t sacked Rodgers because he hasn’t HAD to. We all know that usually the final death-knell of any football manager is when the fans start to publically show their angst toward him. The Chelsea owner must now be thinking, not only are we not winning games, but the fans want Potter out. The boos after the final whistle yesterday must have given him food for thought.

Whilst so many City fans either don’t make any noise at all, or even turn on those who are ‘protesting’, Top’s hand isn’t forced.

What I’m saying here is that we rightly blame the club for not binning Rodgers, when the fans are also to blame. 
I wrote on here weeks ago that if we do get relegated, it would be with a whimper. 
Hell, it wouldn’t surprise me if we have to win the last game to stay up, lose it and even THEN the team would be applauded off the pitch.

Loyalty only goes so far. When it becomes deterimental and ‘blind’ it serves no good purpose.

11 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I know there's a lot of copium on this topic but there surely has to be a tipping point. Genuinely, define to me what it would actually take for him to go?

I've never seen a manager survive a run this bad. It's barely believable what's going on. 

I honestly don't think they will sack him even if we are relegated. We are stuck with him unless he walks away. Got visions of us struggling to avoid mid table in the Championship with him still presiding over things.

Genuinely think now that it will come down to whether his reputation and image is worth not waiting for a pay off.

Those saying that plenty of fans must be behind Rodgers because they don't boo at the stadium:-

I want Rodgers out, and I've wanted him out since the beginning of this season when he wouldn't stop moaning about the lack of signings.  His negativity was obviously going to have a detrimental effect on the team.

But I don't boo, because I don't want to boo the players.  I think that mostly they work hard, and it's Rodgers who is at fault, so at the end of matches it feels wrong to boo them. 

But don't be deceived by the lack of boo'ing - I really really want Rodgers out.