Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Aston Villa Home

I'm actually SO up for this now.

It's been so long. Maybe more than a year. I've been going to games out of habit rather than any actual excitement or anticipation.

Under the lights, with so much on the line - it'll be nervy at times, sure, but I hope we make that place a cauldron tomorrow night.

I don't know if I'm even expecting much to change tactically overnight. The team has been brainwashed for two-plus seasons now into playing the way they do, and I'm not sure how bold Stowell and Sadler will be in trying to break the curse with two days' notice. But I can already sense there's going to be a proper response from a lot of them, if we make it clear this isn't about them, but the way they've been restricted for so long. I want them pissed off. I want their egos to be bruised. I want them to know that yes, they could have tried a lot harder, but they're also capable of far more than their previous boss thought they were.
Sing loud, sing proud. Through the good times and the bad, we'll always back the lads. :schmike:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I genuinely wish we had marc albrighton on the right to start for this he would absolutely relish the occasion and the chance to prove another manger wrong who wasn't playing him. 

Maybe the new manager could instantly recall him!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MPH said:

We are going to absolutely paste these. You mark  my words.  The shackles will be off and it’s going to be a pasting!

But but but. Brendan was always saying stuff like  "We weren't aggressive enough. We didn't move the ball fast enough or transition quick enough "  What makes you think they will be capable of performing any different tomorrow. Plus, one thing is for certain, Rodgers wouldn't have instructed them to pass the ball to the opposition half the time.

As they just beat Chelsea away, and were stuffed at their place by us not so long ago, I think we're in for a difficult night. Will be interesting if the care takers look to change things up, maybe even ask for the consensus among the players what they think is the best way to approach the game. Some of the players might be playing for their futures at the club. Expecting much better, no shackles kind of performance, I don't expect the same pedestrian pace and lack of goal attempts we've seen in recent times.  Would be great to see Soy back in there too, but that might be a wish too far. 

Guest Col city fan

I emailed Whelan earlier to say that I’m happy to take over the reigns on a game by game basis. Starting with Villa tomorrow.

I’ve done this because I’m not too bad on Football Manager and wouldn’t ask for 10 million a year, pro rata.
I’ve had no response at time of writing but remain hopeful 

🤷‍♂️

Think we'll be better but I'm not expecting to blow Villa away, like some.

We genuinely don't have a very good side, especially the back line. Sadler isn't gonna make KDH and Ndidi able to pass the ball, Faes and Kristiansen keep their heads, Tete take on a man. I hope they prove me wrong but Brendan served for so long that I fear his way are scarred into our players now.

I'm such an optimist 😅

Iversen

Castagne Soyuncu Souttar Kristiansen

Mendy      Dewsbury-Hall

Pereira Maddison Barnes

Vardy

Tactics: no long balls, quick passing, aggressive but not too a high-line.

Edited by Wymsey

We need wins so break the Brendan shackles and play two up front. Would go back to basics. Slightly deeper line but attack with purpose and much quicker. 

Iversen

Ricardo  Souttar   Faes    Vic

Madders Mendy KDH  Barnes

Vardy      Iheanacho 

• Like 2

It’s going to be an absolute mystery as to what the team will be, and what performance we’ll get tomorrow, and it could give an insight to our future fate. We need to pepper that box with balls in and shoot on site, I hope we play 2 up top and get at them aggressively from the start