Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Aston Villa Home

Still not confident and don't expect a big change given it seems some of the players drank the Rodgers koolaid.

I'd give Tete one more shot now the confidence destroyer has left and start the side that beat Villa last time, except Iversen, Mendy and Ricardo in.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fazzer 7 said:

But but but. Brendan was always saying stuff like  "We weren't aggressive enough. We didn't move the ball fast enough or transition quick enough "  What makes you think they will be capable of performing any different tomorrow. Plus, one thing is for certain, Rodgers wouldn't have instructed them to pass the ball to the opposition half the time.

No, but he did tell them to piss about with the ball backwards and sideways with possession for possessions sake until we eventually fluffed it. If we did manage to get to the halfway line, the opposition had got back with a fag on and there was no space for Vardy, Daka and anyone else to run into. 

Get back to some strengths. Press the opposition like we used to. Much earlier balls out from the back, even the occasional hoof to unsettle any opposition high line, we've still got pace to exploit teams. 

And we should make as much bloody row as possible!

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Get back to some strengths. Press the opposition like we used to. Much earlier balls out from the back, even the occasional hoof to unsettle any opposition high line, we've still got pace to exploit teams. 

Pretty much what we did against them at Villa Park - their defence was atrocious and afforded us a great deal of time and space though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gazza M said:

We need wins so break the Brendan shackles and play two up front. Would go back to basics. Slightly deeper line but attack with purpose and much quicker. 

Iversen

Ricardo  Souttar   Faes    Vic

Madders Mendy KDH  Barnes

Vardy      Iheanacho 

This is the team I would pick.

2 hours ago, Gazza M said:

We need wins so break the Brendan shackles and play two up front. Would go back to basics. Slightly deeper line but attack with purpose and much quicker. 

Iversen

Ricardo  Souttar   Faes    Vic

Madders Mendy KDH  Barnes

Vardy      Iheanacho 

It’s a big stretch to expect Mendy and especially KDH to have the ability to outplay or even contain an opposition midfield with an extra player in it, particularly if that extra player is a quality box to box player like Ramsey. Not many (any?) teams can get away with a 442 in the Premier League these days. Stick with a 433 for me with Maddison in for Tete and Praet as the 3rd midfielder. Iheanacho up front and with Rodgers gone I’d hope Barnes and Maddison could be given more free-reign to switch sides and mix it up a bit. As for Vardy, let’s be honest, he hasn’t shown anything - not even a glimmer of his old self. His pace and energy appear to have left the building…

2 hours ago, Harpenden Fox said:

Biggest game since the FA Cup final tomorrow in my opinion. We both need a performance that gives us all some hope, and a win, although Villa are decent and confident.

It is undoubtedly time for all of us to get off our arses and make some considerable noise, too. All of us.

Bring back the clappers

:ph34r:

4 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Daka? Did you watch the Palace match? :nono:

No strikers were good in the Palace match because none of them got any service, I think if we play like I've set out we need someone who is fast upfront could have vardy rather than Daka though not sure which. But if we're more direct I think they will play better

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I emailed Whelan earlier to say that I’m happy to take over the reigns on a game by game basis. Starting with Villa tomorrow.

I’ve done this because I’m not too bad on Football Manager and wouldn’t ask for 10 million a year, pro rata.
I’ve had no response at time of writing but remain hopeful 

🤷‍♂️

Col City Fan’s Blue and White ARMY

• Haha 1