Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Aston Villa Home

16 minutes ago, Dames said:

Unfortunately we need a performance and a result here today no excuses. Survival depends on it. 

If we start slow and concede the place will become very toxic, there are still a lot of match going fans that rated Rodgers and they'll be waiting to voice their discontent. As soon as that happens we are toast. 

Has to be a win, we can beat these, we did it easily only 8 weeks or so ago. 

We can't unpick Rodgers in 2 days. Might need to be realistic about today, but no matter what i they get all my support.

• Like 2

Just now, Lesta2014 said:

If he contributes to keeping us up there’s a lot of point to it!

True, but why would he bust a gut to do so? According to some he has been biblically wronged, so why not just sit tight and then bugger off?  :dunno:

3 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

If Rafa does get the gig, I could see Vesty getting some run over the last several matches.  Suits his system.

Vestergaard in the right team played the right way was a decent player at Munchengladbach, Southampton and his national side. His best and worst attributes were well exposed over a long period of time. It's just difficult to fathom why Rodgers thought he could change that and play him how he did. Arguably in 2016, had Morgan or Huth got injured, he'd have been ideal in that team, at that time, in the way Ranieri organised his defence. Likewise, Huth and Morgan would also struggle to play how Rodgers insisted with a high line. Horses for courses perhaps. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

We can't unpick Rodgers in 2 days. Might need to be realistic about today, but no matter what i they get all my support.

And that's exactly my approach to the game and the rest of the season. What's done's done so let's just get behind them whatever. I'm not saying we'll do it but I am quite optimistic about the players attitude moving forward. Having Vardy, Albrighton and Schmeichel in the scrap would have helped perhaps for grit, work rate and aggression but it's not to be. Iversen was an improvement however. 

I do think there's still some character there though, I don't see Ricardo, Vardy, Souttar, Vic, KDH, Maddison and Iheanacho just lying down. The right person could get a few of our more disaffected players fired up too perhaps. I'm more looking forward to it tonight than for a long long time!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I said in another thread, I'm slightly jealous of Villa getting Emerey. Great manager who will no doubt turn them into a force next season with a summer behind him.

Their board showed the amibition we should.

Yes, he out of most of the names mentioned was a big miss for me too.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

It’s true but at the same time as a player your as free as ever to just play how you know and I don’t think any of our players naturally want to try tiki taka possession stuff so will hopefully result in us moving the ball quicker

3 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Need to play Nacho and Vardy upfront, but either way Nacho has to start, I think we will win this 2-1

I agree with Nacho & Vardy starting but I have no idea how we will play.  When we are good we are very good but when we are bad we are awful.

2 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Tinned prunes, dulcolax, senakot, syrup of figs, and supporting LCFC are all great ways to treat constipation! 

But for the love of God .... Never do them all at the same time !!!!!

• Haha 1