Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Aston Villa Home

With regards to Col City Fan’s last line, yes you will see the same faces next season as have probably been watching for decades. This is what a fan does. It doesn’t mean that they are apathetic but are supporters as the word says. The players and fans are on the floor, and it’s up to us SUPPORTERS , to lift them by giving unflinching support against Villa. To read some comments, the hate for BR outweighs the love for City and would sooner we lost just to spite him. Will you cheer a Villa goal or a City mistake? How about we try and win IN spite of him. It doesn’t need an organised song book just from the heart support like against Forest and Spurs. It is in us somewhere, just needs the right occasion which Tuesday certainly is. Up the City

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BroughtonFox said:

I think it’s time to give Vardy one last run in the team and hopefully he gets the goals to keep us up.

Iverson

Ricardo

Souttar

Soyuncu (will never happen so Faes)

VK

Mendy

Tielemans (if fit? probably not so KDH)

Castagne

Maddison

Barnes

Vardy

Good side except Castagne, let’s face it, he’s not a footballer and can’t play right back never mind right midfield.

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, OnlyOneCity said:

With regards to Col City Fan’s last line, yes you will see the same faces next season as have probably been watching for decades. This is what a fan does. It doesn’t mean that they are apathetic but are supporters as the word says. The players and fans are on the floor, and it’s up to us SUPPORTERS , to lift them by giving unflinching support against Villa. To read some comments, the hate for BR outweighs the love for City and would sooner we lost just to spite him. Will you cheer a Villa goal or a City mistake? How about we try and win IN spite of him. It doesn’t need an organised song book just from the heart support like against Forest and Spurs. It is in us somewhere, just needs the right occasion which Tuesday certainly is. Up the City

A lot of our fans don’t seem capable of ‘toxicity’, at least not publically. 
There is this thing that a large swathe of City fans feel they need to be loyal both to the owner who was at the helm when we won the league and to Rodgers when we won the FA cup.

I kind of understand that. But what they don’t realise is that blindly sticking to their guns on this is probably having an impact on the future of the football club.

Part of me thinks that Top hasn’t sacked Rodgers because he hasn’t HAD to. We all know that usually the final death-knell of any football manager is when the fans start to publically show their angst toward him. The Chelsea owner must now be thinking, not only are we not winning games, but the fans want Potter out. The boos after the final whistle yesterday must have given him food for thought.

Whilst so many City fans either don’t make any noise at all, or even turn on those who are ‘protesting’, Top’s hand isn’t forced.

What I’m saying here is that we rightly blame the club for not binning Rodgers, when the fans are also to blame. 
I wrote on here weeks ago that if we do get relegated, it would be with a whimper. 
Hell, it wouldn’t surprise me if we have to win the last game to stay up, lose it and even THEN the team would be applauded off the pitch.

Loyalty only goes so far. When it becomes deterimental and ‘blind’ it serves no good purpose.