Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Aston Villa Home

15 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Biggest game of the season and we have Mike Stowell in charge 

As long is it wasn't Rodgers in charge then I don't think this one will matter who it is, as this game is all on the players and getting a reaction and letting them play.

All Stowell has to say is go out there, play with freedom and show them fans what you can do

Edited by EastAnglianFox
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Blue-fox said:

I reckon it will be 

Iverson 

Ricardo 

souttar

Soyunco

Victor 

ndidi

kdh

maddison

ian

barnes 

vardy

...we need Tete in this team on the right!!!

A much more uptempo game would suit him and we have got to be looking at playing quicker and pressuring the opposition. 

The players mentally coming out of  Brendanball, may not find it so easy to undo. We just need a reassuring hand on the tiller,  and trust in what we need to do.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

Iversen

Castagne

Souttar

Faes

Ricardo

Maddison

Mendy

Kristiansen

Barnes

Iheanacho

Vardy

This would be pure chaos, get Stowelly to just tell them to go out there and keep changing the positions they take up. Ricardo in to centre mid, Maddison out wide, Iheanacho in the hole, Vardy wide left, Barnes up front, etc etc etc

5 nil down at half time, and riots.

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Iversen

Castagne

Souttar

Faes

Ricardo

Maddison

Mendy

Kristiansen

Barnes

Iheanacho

Vardy

This would be pure chaos, get Stowelly to just tell them to go out there and keep changing the positions they take up. Ricardo in to centre mid, Maddison out wide, Iheanacho in the hole, Vardy wide left, Barnes up front, etc etc etc

5 nil down at half time, and riots.

Looks a good side to me, maybe Cags for Castagne?

50 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we need Tete in this team on the right!!!

A much more uptempo game would suit him and we have got to be looking at playing quicker and pressuring the opposition. 

The players mentally coming out of  Brendanball, may not find it so easy to undo. We just need a reassuring hand on the tiller,  and trust in what we need to do.

Tete is shite no matter who is in charge. Soyuncu 100% should play from now until the end of the season, play Nacho behind Vardy with Madders roaming off the right. Ironically Maddison was much better in the right mid roaming slot pre world cup than he has been in the centre. Mendy has to play instead of Wilf who has been dire.

1 hour ago, EastAnglianFox said:

As long is it wasn't Rodgers in charge then I don't think this one will matter who it is, as this game is all on the players and getting a reaction and letting them play.

All Stowell has to say is go out there, play with freedom and show them fans what you can do

It really is that simple too.

• Like 1

I don’t think Stowell / Sadler will change much in terms of the actual set up, will still probably be a 4231 / 433 of some sort

Maybe just change a couple of players

Last time they were caretakers between Puel and Rodgers it was the same set up 4141 we were using under Puel but with Chilwell in for Fuchs and Gray in for Ghezzal compared to the previous game

I think it will just be more of a mentality kind of difference - “shackles off” - forget the slow ponderous play etc.

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, adejo92 said:

Hate to be that guy, but I still think we'll lose this. Villa are on a good run of form & high on confidence.

We'll win on Saturday,  and we'll survive the drop, just can't see us getting anything tomorrow.

I think so too, or maybe a draw. But i think it will be the overall performance of everything that matters more.  Not just from the team but also from the crowd. I'm not going to expect the club to unpick brand Rodgers in 2 days, but i expect a change in approach and for some players to feel they are not constrained by his style of play and his orders. 

From Tuesday onwards, its a different matter. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I think so too, or maybe a draw. But i think it will be the overall performance of everything that matters more.  Not just from the team but also from the crowd. I'm not going to expect the club to unpick brand Rodgers in 2 days, but i expect a change in approach and for some players to feel they are not constrained by his style of play and his orders. 

From Tuesday onwards, its a different matter. 

Agreed it won’t be easy but wouldn’t surprise me if we steal a win.

A game under the lights always generates more atmosphere and with the change hopefully the tension lifts and the lads can put in a performance.

• Like 1

As others have indicated I don’t think there will be too much change in regards to setup and personnel, maybe Mendy in for Ndidi in. They’ll only have today to walk through everything. Bin off the forced playing out from and around the back, and just get them playing with the intent to get forwards and I’d be happy.

Iversen

Ricardo     Souttar      Faes    Kristiansen

KDH     Mendy

Maddison       Iheanacho       Barnes

Vardy

Give the players more autonomy and freedom to play. Mendy in to support retaining possession and covering the back 4. Get Maddison, Iheanacho, and Barnes on the ball. Look up early and try to find Vardy. When Vardy tires, bring Daka on keep doing it.

Villa are very useful going forwards, Watkins is bang in form and they've just got a great away win at Chelsea. I can't see us keeping a clean sheet, but I can see us causing them problems at the back if we set up to do it. That's our strength, let's play to it.

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Good news - I’d read somewhere that he’d picked up a knock

should set him up nicely for 90 mins tomorrow 

I'd assumed it was because he was on a yellow and kept getting stuck into the Palace players.

His yellow was stupid, but one thing I love about VK is that he's a proper shithouser. He's up for the physical challenge and let the Palace players know he was not mucking about. We need more players with his attitude, he's a proper moany stropper that is a bad loser. Who also happens to be quite good at football. 

• Like 1

First game after Claudio was home to liverpool ??

first game after puel was home to brighton 

both evening k/offs under the lights 

both wins (although liverpool was way more comfortable) 

appleton took one game after shakey was sacked (away at Swansea) which we won 2-1

so we are currently three from three post sackings for interim managers …….  We need 4 from 4 more than we ever did ! 

• Like 2