Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Brendan Rodgers SACKED - OFFICIAL

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Shit what if that didn’t happen till the last day though? 

He would have been sacked, with us relegated. It was a payment/compensation issue from what I got told last night/early morning. 

• Like 1

Just now, Vacamion said:

Interesting that there were journalist tweets a few mins before the Club's announcement, but it was fairly watertight up til then.

Yeah I noticed that - 9 minutes from Percy tweet to announcement - they've dealt with the leaks that the club had in recent years.

• Like 2

Guest Mee-9

"“However, performances and results during the current season have been below our shared expectations. It had been our belief that continuity and stability would be key to correcting our course, particularly given our previous achievements under Brendan’s management. Regrettably, the desired improvement has not been forthcoming and, with 10 games of the season remaining, the Board is compelled to take alternative action to protect our Premier League status."

I think that part of the statement is pretty damning on behalf of Top and the Board. It's pure incompetence. 

1 minute ago, Jonezy said:

Last season we came 8th and lost a european semifinal. Sounds like a pretty good season, but it was mostly miserable. This season has been stuff of nightmares. About flippin time.

I thought the European semi final angle was a complete cop out and still do. Didn’t we only win one round after dropping to the conference before losing to Roma?

We should have gotten through the europa group, anything less was a failure as it stood. 

• Like 3

Guest bennytwohats
4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Biggest fear now is the impact on the players. The usual new manager bounce relies on the players lifted by a toxic presence leaving.

If ours really do have the stockholm syndrome as badly as they appear to then we might not actually get an immediate surge. This is quite possibly why the board have waited as long as they have.

Suspect players might fall into two camps with this one. Plenty who have been frozen out as of late with a point to prove. And to be fair I think even the ones that are Brendan fans will have felt they’ve let him down and they might have a point to prove as well, which they do.

I guess what I’m really trying to say is it’s time to unleash the Vestergaard 

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Biggest fear now is the impact on the players. The usual new manager bounce relies on the players lifted by a toxic presence leaving.

If ours really do have the stockholm syndrome as badly as they appear to then we might not actually get an immediate surge. This is quite possibly why the board have waited as long as they have.

Plus... a huge chunk of them are leaving, so why would they particularly care. That's contributed to the decline as well. 

• Like 2