Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Brendan Rodgers SACKED - OFFICIAL

14 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Sadly I think this is too late. He lost 6 games in a row and then had a bad run post World Cup. 

For me the blame is on the board. Rodgers did great with us as times. It has been obvious for a while he couldn’t turn it around. He needed to be removed for his own good. 

At least it’s happened but I’m not confident. 

The board wanted to give him every chance to turn it around and the pre-World Cup form seemed to vindicate their decision.

I think they also wanted to give him a transfer window after what happened in the summer when transfer plans changed (I suspect that will form the basis of BR’s reasoning why things went wrong for him). And then there was another boost after the arrival of new players in January. 

I can see where they were coming from initially but their loyalty to BR has backfired and the warning lights were blazing well before the Palace game. 

At least things are still tight in the table that the situation is recoverable. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Big Blue Maff said:

I believe it’s to late , I really hope and pray I am wrong, he should of been dismissed months ago to of given us a proper chance of survival, agree profoundly with a lot that’s been wrote on FT , what I don’t understand is why now with so little time left why not as I said previously months ago , it just doesn’t make sense.

I LOVE THIS CLUB SO MUCH & if we do go down what next ? Who next ? Will TOP stick around/ does he want out , we’ll survive we’ve cut out our cancer so onwards and upwards I feel 

Panic not bud. We are just one point behind Everton, if we were 6 behind and a little adrift I'd be a bit more "squeaky bum " about our survival chances and  regardless of the Dyche's influence Everton are worse than us.

I firmly believe  we're where we are not because we are a crap team like Southampton with poor players but there because of the "Rodgers Effect"  and now that's gone and hopefully start playing to our strengths and the BrendanBall style is firmly kicked to touch we will press on and pick up the points from the teams around us, where if the little cretin was still in charge we most probably would have struggled.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

The board wanted to give him every chance to turn it around and the pre-World Cup form seemed to vindicate their decision.

I think they also wanted to give him a transfer window after what happened in the summer when transfer plans changed (I suspect that will form the basis of BR’s reasoning why things went wrong for him). And then there was another boost after the arrival of new players in January. 

I can see where they were coming from initially but their loyalty to BR has backfired and the warning lights were blazing well before the Palace game. 

At least things are still tight in the table that the situation is recoverable. 

2 weeks ago was doable, he'd had his chance to change things, to do it now with 2 games in 6  days could easily be too late.

15 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Well that’s that then I’m sure it won’t be the last we hear of his name on here, I imagine in 4yrs time he’ll still be getting the blame for what ever situation we find ourselves in then.

Now he can go Spurs taking Madders with him and the forum can get back to just calling out the players again like the good old days Aaa.

Are you going to take down your shrine to him straight away or leave it up for a bit out of respect?

• Haha 1

The best news in 2yrs.

I just dont get why we didn't do this after brentford. Awful position to get anyone in.

But onwards and upwards cos we can't get much lower.

Hopefully we can start to move the ball quicker. Get the dest from Daka and Vardy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

It really isn’t obvious that he is the sole cause. lol Why  do you keep making stuff up? Rodgers is nowhere near effusive enough for this club when they are struggling, but these players are actual people, individuals with their own minds, stop excusing their shameful lack of effort.

Personally I think most of them have put the physical effort in but trying to play effectively with Rodgers's redundant game plans has proved beyond them. Maddison's face yesterday said it all.

• Like 1

And you know what?

There is not and cannot be any accusation of the players being snakes as they were under Ranieri and Puel.

And there most certainly cannot be any accusations of us not giving Rodgers 'time' or that we're a 'sacking club'.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 4

His house has been under offer for some time so I don’t think he’ll be looking to move round here. ;)

Heard a whisper in the boozer last night that a mates mate has been redecorating Martin O’Neill’s flat up on London Road.

Edited by promised land

If this long overdue sacking had been announced to us yesterday, had we not had a game then you'd have automatically said "April Fool's Day jape"! However it has finally happened! Maybe that game of polo on horseback and having a drink or two with friends was instrumental in making Top see sense yesterday after all for all we know. Pundits like Jamie Redknapp on Sky still saying Rodgers is a top manager who was starved of funds!

5 minutes ago, davieG said:

2 weeks ago was doable, he'd had his chance to change things, to do it now with 2 games in 6  days could easily be too late.

The international break was a sensible time to let him go. 

If not then, the next best time is now.