Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Brendan Rodgers SACKED - OFFICIAL

8 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

The board wanted to give him every chance to turn it around and the pre-World Cup form seemed to vindicate their decision.

I think they also wanted to give him a transfer window after what happened in the summer when transfer plans changed (I suspect that will form the basis of BR’s reasoning why things went wrong for him). And then there was another boost after the arrival of new players in January. 

I can see where they were coming from initially but their loyalty to BR has backfired and the warning lights were blazing well before the Palace game. 

At least things are still tight in the table that the situation is recoverable. 

I think the board have taken full responsibility for the season.Just expected 40 points.He did say the season was all about getting to 40 points back in August,and it turns out he wasn’t joking.Now it looks like that target might be beyond them.Slipping into the relegation zone has obviously freaked them.It’s been a very risky strategy

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, 21st Century Fox said:

Some of that isn't untrue but how the media still treat him like teflon is galling.

The whole Rodgers thing is baffling. I’m reading tons of posts now on FB from fans who’d have him at Spurs ‘in a heartbeat’ etc..

11 minutes ago, davieG said:

2 weeks ago was doable, he'd had his chance to change things, to do it now with 2 games in 6  days could easily be too late.

He should have been sacked immediately after the Southampton away defeat....

I don’t buy the lack of togetherness at Seagrave. Excuses excuses, and if it’s a problem do something about it!

Next Permanent Leicester manager odds (via Sky Bet)

• Rafa Benitez - 5/1
  • Michael Carrick - 8/1
  • Graham Potter - 10/1
  • Steven Gerrard - 10/1
  • Vincent Kompany - 10/1
  • Ange Postecoglou - 10/1
  • Andre Villas-Boas - 12/1
  • Thomas Frank - 12/1
  • Jesse Marsch - 14/1

Out of those, I’d only be massively opposed to Marsch and Gerrard. I can’t see Potter, or Kompany/Frank leaving their clubs at this point. Carrick would be a risk as well.

Just now, Col city fan said:

The whole Rodgers thing is baffling. I’m reading tons of posts now on FB from fans who’d have him at Spurs ‘in a heartbeat’ etc..

There's a lot of Spurs fans with Stockholm Syndrome at this point.

And honestly, if you only cared about the first two years' results, kept him far away from recruitment, and had his replacement ready before the toxicity had time to set in, you could do worse.

Especially if you are Daniel Levy and the only reason a top manager would entertain working for you was the buyout.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Biggest fear now is the impact on the players. The usual new manager bounce relies on the players lifted by a toxic presence leaving.

If ours really do have the stockholm syndrome as badly as they appear to then we might not actually get an immediate surge. This is quite possibly why the board have waited as long as they have.

Some will be pleased. Some will be disappointed but I think they will realise a change had to be made.

What is clear is that when matches are open and more choatic, the players seem to thrive. Up to Stowell and Sadler to let them off the leash.

2 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Took over a good squad and systematically ruined it!Anything else is propaganda!

Even with a much improved training ground, he wasn't really bothered though imo.. Pearson would thrive with the current training ground and resources that could be utilised.

We need a manager than wants to be here and build a team to challenge for the top 5, Rodgers was constantly talking us down. terrible manager

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sylofox said:

The best news in 2yrs.

I just dont get why we didn't do this after brentford. Awful position to get anyone in.

But onwards and upwards cos we can't get much lower.

Hopefully we can start to move the ball quicker. Get the dest from Daka and Vardy.

I’m sure it’s related to being in the relegation zone

whether that’s a contractual thing or the board made an agreement not to push the button until we were in it I don’t know but I think it’s significant 

• Like 3

Just now, KingsX said:

There's a lot of Spurs fans with Stockholm Syndrome at this point.

And honestly, if you only cared about the first two years' results, kept him far away from recruitment, and had his replacement ready before the toxicity had time to set in, you could do worse.

Especially if you are Daniel Levy and the only reason a top manager would entertain working for you was the buyout.

This x 100

rodgers would be a v good appointment for them - they might actually win something 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest nathan.
2 minutes ago, Area88 said:

BR left by mutual consent. That is very diffident from being sacked.

No its not.

2 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I don’t buy the lack of togetherness at Seagrave. Excuses excuses, and if it’s a problem do something about it!

Next Permanent Leicester manager odds (via Sky Bet)

• Rafa Benitez - 5/1
  • Michael Carrick - 8/1
  • Graham Potter - 10/1
  • Steven Gerrard - 10/1
  • Vincent Kompany - 10/1
  • Ange Postecoglou - 10/1
  • Andre Villas-Boas - 12/1
  • Thomas Frank - 12/1
  • Jesse Marsch - 14/1

Out of those, I’d only be massively opposed to Marsch and Gerrard. I can’t see Potter, or Kompany/Frank leaving their clubs at this point. Carrick would be a risk as well.

Carrick or Kompany aren't gonna come now mid season. They are the sort of the manager we go for in the summer.

I'm still not convinced with Frank and he loves a good excuse anyway.

• Like 1