Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Brendan Rodgers SACKED - OFFICIAL

29 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

It really isn’t obvious that he is the sole cause. lol Why  do you keep making stuff up? Rodgers is nowhere near effusive enough for this club when they are struggling, but these players are actual people, individuals with their own minds, stop excusing their shameful lack of effort.

Then what's the point of a manager if they all play as individuals with their own minds :dunno:

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I’m sure it’s related to being in the relegation zone

whether that’s a contractual thing or the board made an agreement not to push the button until we were in it I don’t know but I think it’s significant 

Or they pushed the boat out in the transfer window. BR telling them the poor form was down to the lack of new personal and quality in certain positions.

New players come in, 2 wins then rot set in again 

• Like 1

Guest nathan.
2 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

Probably the right decision. As much as I don't agree with the vitriol some have towards him, I hope the fans can at least unite behind the team now because I really fear what relegation could mean for us. And as much as people shout, I'm afraid they won't be able to change the fact he was one of the best managers in our history and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him show up at a bigger club than ours and do a good job

Have you sent him a card mate?

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Or they pushed the boat out in the transfer window. BR telling them the poor form was down to the lack of new personal and quality in certain positions.

New players come in, 2 wins then rot set in again 

we’ve been shite again for many weeks 

Didn’t shakey get sacked after a 0-0 against West Brom that saw us drop into the bottom three ??

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

Then what's the point of a manager if they all play as individuals with their own minds :dunno:

Shades of grey, follow the tactics but don’t recuse yourself from your responsibilities in other areas. Maybe Rodgers wasn’t descriptive enough? Was to descriptive? But these guys are not robots, they will know when they need to do the basic things.

3 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

Probably the right decision. As much as I don't agree with the vitriol some have towards him, I hope the fans can at least unite behind the team now because I really fear what relegation could mean for us. And as much as people shout, I'm afraid they won't be able to change the fact he was one of the best managers in our history and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him show up at a bigger club than ours and do a good job

He'll do exactly what he's done elsewhere. Be really good for a year or 2 and then become utterly abject. Great manager for the first 2 years but then he's been the most underperforming manager I've seen for us in 25+ years.

The only debate to be had is how many months ago should he have been sacked.

• Like 2

Results were one thing but the statistics were even more concerning. This was not an unlucky team, it was a poorly set up team at the wrong ends of the attacking and defensive tables. You cannot keep going on no shots on target, there shots per game and conceding the chances we did.

Performances were poor and getting worse.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EnglishOxide said:

How was poor Brendan ever meant to cope with moving to a world class training ground.

He was never gonna recreate that famous Belvoir Drive togetherness bless him. The club basically tied one hand behind his back :rolleyes:

Exactly. What on earth is a mere football manager supposed to do about the togetherness of his squad? I'm sure if it was up to Rodgers we'd have moved to a local leisure centre instead for maximum togetherness but the cruel, selfish board overruled him and inflicted £100m worth of facilities on him.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Shades of grey, follow the tactics but don’t recuse yourself from your responsibilities in other areas. Maybe Rodgers wasn’t descriptive enough? Was to descriptive? But these guys are not robots, they will know when they need to do the basic things.

But they also know they need to stick to the gameplan or risk being dropped. 

I'm not trying to absolve them of any blame, but the biggest reason we are where we are has now gone. I dont think that's outlandish for people to say. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX