Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Brendan Rodgers SACKED - OFFICIAL

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Shades of grey, follow the tactics but don’t recuse yourself from your responsibilities in other areas. Maybe Rodgers wasn’t descriptive enough? Was to descriptive? But these guys are not robots, they will know when they need to do the basic things.

Definitely the latter. Top flight players can play a game on their own. The manager/coach adds value by offering them small insights or subtle tweaks as the game goes on. This group of players look like they've been overcoached by having far too many thoughts running through their minds and it's hard not to draw the correlation to a manager who thinks that football matches are won due to succeeding tactically, rather than understanding that is just a small part of it.

Mourinho said that as a coach his job is not to try and tell players what to do or to coach them on how to play football as they are already elite athletes, but rather to offer some insight and advice that can help them succeed as a team.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

Probably the right decision. As much as I don't agree with the vitriol some have towards him, I hope the fans can at least unite behind the team now because I really fear what relegation could mean for us. And as much as people shout, I'm afraid they won't be able to change the fact he was one of the best managers in our history and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him show up at a bigger club than ours and do a good job

I think his sacking here and from Liverpool in 2015 won't have done his reputation any good at all personally. As others have said then I think he was hoping to hold out until the end of the season here and then may be jump ship to a Tottenham (unlikely) or elsewhere.....especially if we'd gotten relegated under his tenure. Now I don't think that will happen for him any time soon and he could well be struggling to find a club at this level who'd want him....or even a Celtic or Rangers!

Edited by Guy

4 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

He'll do exactly what he's done elsewhere. Be really good for a year or 2 and then become utterly abject. Great manager for the first 2 years but then he's been the most underperforming manager I've seen for us in 25+ years.

The only debate to be had is how many months ago should he have been sacked.

We finished 8th last year and he's the most underperforming manager you've seen for 25 years. That's some take

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MancFox24 said:

We finished 8th last year and he's the most underperforming manager you've seen for 25 years. That's some take

Yeah what an awful take to say that he's underperforming with that same side sitting 19th after 28 games. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Some twat on SSN (Anton Ferdinand ?) saying he’d love to see Rodgers at West Ham “as he definitely improves players” - good luck with that one pal 🤣

Hopefully he does go to a more media loved club. Because then they'll actually turn on him. Very very quickly. 

2 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Some twat on SSN (Anton Ferdinand ?) saying he’d love to see Rodgers at West Ham “as he definitely improves players” - good luck with that one pal 🤣

one of the greatest myths in football. I wonder what Soyuncu, Ndidi and Tielemans think about that

13 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Shades of grey, follow the tactics but don’t recuse yourself from your responsibilities in other areas. Maybe Rodgers wasn’t descriptive enough? Was to descriptive? But these guys are not robots, they will know when they need to do the basic things.

Yeah or get dropped from playing, or frozen because they didn't follow his instructions more like. 

• Like 1

Quite frankly my Nan, in her pinny, could have done better than Rodgers till the end of the season. It was a no brainer decision but almost too late to be honest, as we missed the international break to reset. Just hoping for a post Rodgers bounce to change the rotten attitude and form on the pitch.