Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Brendan Rodgers SACKED - OFFICIAL

30 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Is that your view or have you heard something? I think we could do a lot worse to be fair.

Both. I’ve heard Benitez wants the job and he’s been in the area. Also seems the logical fit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

As much as I'm delighted with the news, the timing of it is ridiculous and indicative of how poorly run we are. In reality he should've gone 2 years ago but then to have the season we have and to only sack him now (after a 2 week International break) is nothing short of negligence 

Some people are never happy

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

As much as I'm delighted with the news, the timing of it is ridiculous and indicative of how poorly run we are. In reality he should've gone 2 years ago but then to have the season we have and to only sack him now (after a 2 week International break) is nothing short of negligence 

Not only the timing of it but the way the board seem to have been completely caught off guard by the need to sack him, like they had no idea we were in any danger at all before we dropped into the bottom three yesterday. To be scrambling around now trying to figure out our next steps is really not ideal.

Does every other clubs get so widely scrutinised for changing managers?

Anyway, although some of the accusations when Ranieri was sacked can’t be brought out this time (serpentine players and not given enough time after the success), it’s clear that if we still go down, the media narrative will be that we shouldn’t have got rid of him (god forbid we roll the dice and give ourselves a fighting chance like other clubs do). 

We really need to go on a Shakespeare post Ranieri or Pearson great escape type run to stay up on style and shut off that narrative, both from the media and sections of our own fans!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, steveb said:

Moron, its been going wrong for 12 months, prior to that to add to the FA CUP were 2 of the highrest 3 finishes Leicester have ever achieved in their history, followed by 2 European campaigns.

Its time for him to go, its simply not working anymore, but give the man credit for what he initially achiieved

If you think its only been going wrong for 12 months, I'm not sure I'm the moron.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

As much as he absolutely should be going now, sacking him in April 2021 with nine(?) games to go in the Prem season and in the top 4 and with an FA Cup semifinal rapidly approaching might be considered a little trigger-happy.

I'm assuming you mean around 12-18 months ago, rather than two years exactly?

Edited by leicsmac

Just now, leicsmac said:

As much as he absolutely should be going now, sacking him with nine(?) games to go in the Prem season and in the top 4 and with an FA Cup semifinal rapidly approaching might be considered a little trigger-happy.

I'm assuming you mean around 12-18 months ago, rather than two years exactly?

Easily 18 months yeah. I'll be perfectly honest, I'd had enough of him before the FA cup win but I understand why we wouldn't get rid of him then

• Like 2

Just now, joachim1965 said:

Just looked at the comments section on the sky sports announcement on you tube, fvck me it's cringeworthy, people are saying how great Brendan is and what a great job he's done here.

Lol well he had to go, we have winnable games coming up and we have a much better chance of winning those without him 

• Like 2

I think the club pulled the trigger now as they finally accepted that a larger part of the fan base wanted him gone. That hasn't been the case in recent weeks with some trying to 'shush' our Rodgers out chants. The noise and banners attracting the media attention might've tipped the balance. 

5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Easily 18 months yeah. I'll be perfectly honest, I'd had enough of him before the FA cup win but I understand why we wouldn't get rid of him then

I get that, but this is a results business and you can't sack the bloke who's just won you your very first FA Cup unless there's a really good other results related reason to do it imo, as you say.

I'd certainly agree that he's been dead weight results wise for at least a year and that's more than long enough.

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tommy G said:

Should find out in the next handful of matches whether the manager was incompetent or whether we are actually just dog muck. 

Well partly. The squad is now built in his image. Far too many duffers signed by him and his transfer guy. Far too many players affected by injuries