Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Brendan Rodgers SACKED - OFFICIAL

Just now, Daggers said:

How? Seriously, how?

He gutted our squad of talent and desire, crippled the players’ self belief, and bought in some abject shit. 

How TF do we now have a chance of staying up?  

I was told that once he left we would be like a team reborn and we would easily turn it around, why the **** do you think I finally gave Top a word in his shelll like???

• Haha 1

Just now, SemperEadem said:

Nah not at all, just think we could have got him gone far earlier.

Possibly but don’t you think the mini run just before the WC gave him a stay of execution and then again he got a little boost after the 3 January signings. After saints defeat I think it was a matter of time.

22 minutes ago, Arkie Bennett said:
29 minutes ago, S1ddo71 said:

Henry Winter of our Discount Tents.

I liked him in Happy Days.

Unfortunately that's Henry Winkler, but even in Happy Days he Jumped the Shark, literally hence the term being used ever since. I was going for a spin on Shakespeare (William, not Craig), with that quote on the dipstick reporter Henry "V" Winter's. More like Bernie Winters (showing my age here, so you may not know who he was) with this reporting piece.

9 minutes ago, SixtiesFox said:

Delighted he's gone; better late than never. Now at least we have a chance of staying up. Can't help thinking that their late winner was the final straw. If we'd scraped an undeserved point not sure they would have pulled the trigger. Unfortunately this highlights the gross mismanagement at the top of our club. However, we can now all get behind the lads as they prepare for the battle ahead. If we go down, which is still a distinct possibility, at least we'll go down fighting if whoever takes charge sets us up to try and win rather than not to lose. 

I agree with this. Similarly perhaps had yesterday happened at Brentford before the break he’d have gone. And decisions shouldn’t be made on one moment like that. We had been absolutely dominated start to finish and on top of the season we are having. Draw or loss should have made no difference but I’d bet you are right even if we won’t ever know.

He has given us some great memories. Some of the football in the first year was sensational. I don’t think I’ll ever forget the 9-0. Of course the FA cup and charity shield, PSV away stick out too. 

However, the collapse this term really is unforgivable. Admittedly the situation above him financially has not helped, but there is more than enough in the squad to be pushing in the middle reaches of the table. The alienation of players, contracts running down, poor tactics. Ridiculous excuses, the lack of responsibility and poor signings add up to a change being required. It’s gone massively stale and he had to go. The only question is, have we left it too late

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

I agree with this. Similarly perhaps had yesterday happened at Brentford before the break he’d have gone. And decisions shouldn’t be made on one moment like that. We had been absolutely dominated start to finish and on top of the season we are having. Draw or loss should have made no difference but I’d bet you are right even if we won’t ever know.

I don't know if it's arse-covering but Delaney's article in the Independent suggests the board was moving towards making a change having seen the disconnect between the players and BR after the international break. 

3 minutes ago, S1ddo71 said:

Unfortunately that's Henry Winkler, but even in Happy Days he Jumped the Shark, literally hence the term being used ever since. I was going for a spin on Shakespeare (William, not Craig), with that quote on the dipstick reporter Henry "V" Winter's. More like Bernie Winters (showing my age here, so you may not know who he was) with this reporting piece.

I know who you mean :)

Incidentally I saw Henry Winkler's British stage debut, it wasn't Shakespeare.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Thank god, but it's just too late 

It clearly isn’t.Over 25% of the season to go and one point from safety.

Admittedly should have happened long ago.

12 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

I don't know if it's arse-covering but Delaney's article in the Independent suggests the board was moving towards making a change having seen the disconnect between the players and BR after the international break. 

Maybe then. Tbh I had thought they were going to just leave him in place until the bitter end but with the international break, if anything, a humiliation like yesterday in the Brentford gms may have changed things but that they were not going to let him go after something that wasn’t a defeat!

But yeah possibly how things were over the break. If true, that may also mean that the players do get a big lift from this news. I go back and forward on whether this is simply a confidence thing and removing Rodgers will see an instant uplift or if it is more ingrained than that!

Maybe now some of our players will return to actually being players now. I’m thinking Ndidi in particular. 

The guy has more or less ruined our club for a long time. Hope ALL his coaches, except the set piece guy, go with him. They are toss too. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Anyone have a list of all the shit players he signed?

For reference (not including Tielemans as he just made his loan move permernant). All his signings:

James Justin £6mil

Ayoze Perez £30mil

George Hirst Nominal

Dennis Praet £18.4mil

Ryan Bennet Loan

Timothy Castagne £18.75mil

Cengiz Under Loan

Wesley Fofana £30mil

Patson Daka £23mil

Boubakary Soumare £17mil

Ryan Bertrand Free

Yannick Vestegaard £15mil

Ademola Lookman Loan

Alex Smithies Free

Wout Faes £15mil

Viktor Kristianson £12mil

Tete Loan

Harry Souttar £15mil

That's £200mil + loan fees.

Of which only 2 you can really say were good signings and improved the side (Justin and Fofana) - and both were only good for 1 season before becoming injury prone crocks.

Edited by Sampson
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Nowhere near legend status. Absolute charlatan 

Fa cup win

Back to back Europe League qualifications 

Name me a leicester manager with a better sustained period of success.

Granted, a willy puller though

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, KFS said:

It never ceases to amaze me just how misunderstood we are by the media 

I made the mistake of looking at the HYS on this on the BBC website (I know, I know..). So many people seem to have bought his BS, hook line and sinker.

15 minutes ago, Daggers said:

How? Seriously, how?

He gutted our squad of talent and desire, crippled the players’ self belief, and bought in some abject shit. 

How TF do we now have a chance of staying up?  

We are 1 point behind 17th not 6 or more. 

His crippling influence is now gone.

Whoever takes over now doesn't have to play the sh1t.  Or at least play players in their correct positions. 

Our players compared to the teams around us aren't inferior on the whole, they have just been incompetently managed, poorly motivated and set up tactically uncorrect  and played in a style polar opposite to their true strengths.

Leeds in 17th aren't brilliant and could loose to the Trees next match, and Everton have Spurs (who on current form you would realistically back to win the match) so If we perform as we know we should a draw at the least against Villa isn't a unattainable result, and in one game we are out of the relegation zone.  

• Like 3