Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Brendan Rodgers SACKED - OFFICIAL

Oh wow. Been on a family day out and just found out. The right decision but genuily didn't think it would happen. BBC comments are full of people saying he hasn't been backed but i don't care - let them think what they want. I presume this means he walks into the Spurs job pretty soon.

Can go to the Villa game pumped and raring to go!

The big question now is how much of his influence is riddled through everything and how hard its going to be to unpick. I presume this is going to pi55 Madders and Youri off (who are both off no matter what anyway), but this could invigorate others (Castagne , Vardy, Daka, Tete). Will we see a clean slate for Cags and even Vesty? My big concern is that we see the same style and setup on Tuesday, when Stowell should really be telling them to go for it. 

And I really hope we put more thought into the replacement that going for Rafa or Big Sam, but right now i don't trust this board.

1 minute ago, trabuch said:

I made the mistake of looking at the HYS on this on the BBC website (I know, I know..). So many people seem to have bought his BS, hook line and sinker.

Wouldn’t worry about it mate. People fall for some real rubbish. The truth seems an alien concept now to many and most don’t even trust their own eyes and ears.  Most of us on FT have known this was coming for a long time. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sampson said:

For reference (not including Tielemans as he just made his loan move permernant). All his signings:

James Justin £6mil

Ayoze Perez £30mil

George Hirst Nominal

Dennis Praet £18.4mil

Ryan Bennet Loan

Timothy Castagne £18.75mil

Cengiz Under Loan

Wesley Fofana Free

Patson Daka £23mil

Boubakary Soumare £17mil

Ryan Bertrand Free

Yannick Vestegaard £15mil

Ademola Lookman Loan

Alex Smithies Free

Wout Faes £15mil

Viktor Kristianson £12mil

Tete Loan

Harry Souttar £15mil

That's £170mil + loan fees.

Of which only 2 you can really say were good signings and improved the side (Justin and Fofana) - and both were only good for 1 season before becoming injury prone crocks.

Wesley Fofana was not free he was 30 odd million I think

7 minutes ago, Sampson said:

For reference (not including Tielemans as he just made his loan move permernant). All his signings:

James Justin £6mil

Ayoze Perez £30mil

George Hirst Nominal

Dennis Praet £18.4mil

Ryan Bennet Loan

Timothy Castagne £18.75mil

Cengiz Under Loan

Wesley Fofana Free

Patson Daka £23mil

Boubakary Soumare £17mil

Ryan Bertrand Free

Yannick Vestegaard £15mil

Ademola Lookman Loan

Alex Smithies Free

Wout Faes £15mil

Viktor Kristianson £12mil

Tete Loan

Harry Souttar £15mil

That's £170mil + loan fees.

Of which only 2 you can really say were good signings and improved the side (Justin and Fofana) - and both were only good for 1 season before becoming injury prone crocks.

Fofana was £35m 

Glenn speaking on talkSPORT isn’t helping the cause 

people - if you phone up then have your arguments in place 

the fella did well for two seasons and then it went stale - you can’t air any arguments that those first two seasons were anything other than successful. Irrespective of chucking away top 4 twice. 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Can anyone put up that latest article from Percy please? It is behind a paywall

If you’re on iPhone, Press the little X next to the search bar of the browser as it’s loading in and it bypasses the paywall :thumbup:

Edited by Aleksz
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Speedwell 🦊 said:

Great news.But I think they’ve left it too late

imho.

not really everyone from 13th down has a chance to go down at this stage and only a few points separate those teams, the squad is more than capable of putting some wins together.

Just need the right man

• Like 1

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/04/02/leicester-citys-fear-of-relegation-saw-axe-fall-on-rodger/

After the home defeat by Manchester United his comments over a lack of backing angered the hierarchy. They argued that Rodgers should be doing better with the team he had available. In their view, it was not a set of players that should be anywhere near the bottom of the table, and that remains the view now. It was a tricky position for Rodgers to be in: he had made it quite clear that he wanted new signings but had to rely on players that he did not rate. Caglar Soyuncu and Boubakary Soumare were two players he did not want in his squad. The departure of Kasper Schmeichel to Nice left Rodgers with Wales international goalkeeper Danny Ward, who is not good enough at this level.  

Rodgers was backed in January with the funds generated from Fofana’s sale, but despite an initial uplift in form Leicester have gone seven games without a win.
It has only seemed a matter of time for weeks. Rodgers has appeared frequently downbeat, and negative in interviews. Team selection has been unpredictable. Training sessions are alleged to have been repetitive and boring with some players.

Rodgers' decision to give the squad last week off, in the first week of the international break, was a huge surprise to many senior officials at the club, considering the perilous position.  

• Like 1

I maintain that Rodgers is a fraud. 

However the club hierarchy have been incompetent at best in this. They must now act with speed and decisiveness to replace Brendan with someone capable of keeping us up. It’s a tall order but it can be done. We have the players. Is Rafa the answer? Likely not. We need to fight our way free, not defend our way free.