Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Brendan Rodgers SACKED - OFFICIAL

No chance of relegation now...well very little.

This will be a boost for Vardy and Nacho to mention just two.

Shame we've lost Caglar cos l believe he will come good again under a competant manager

Edited by J. James

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

Am I the only one that thinks it might not be too late? 

9 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

I'm with you fella, and excited again now. 

I'm with you two!

Even if it is too late, we were going down with Rodgers anyway atleast now we'll have tried to do something about it.

April was always a make or break month with the games we have coming up, we stand a better chance now than we did if he was allowed to continue, just a shame we've already allowed him to ruin 1 of those chances/games yesterday.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

How? Seriously, how?

He gutted our squad of talent and desire, crippled the players’ self belief, and bought in some abject shit. 

How TF do we now have a chance of staying up?  

Wow, you must be fun at parties! Because we had no chance before with Rodgers in charge. Try at least to enjoy the euphoria of having finally got rid of this charlatan. Even if we do get relegated at least we won't have to put up with Rodgers' ball in the Championship.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Oh for ****s sake, why now? 

Id just finished my hand painted 10 metre banner depicting the last supper with Rodgers in the middle and all the disciples looking to him saying “your fired”. Judas was holding up a banner saying “Rodgers in”

Keep it and sell it to a supporter from his next club. You’ll have to wait approximately 2 years though 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Oh for ****s sake, why now? 

Id just finished my hand painted 10 metre banner depicting the last supper with Rodgers in the middle and all the disciples looking to him saying “your fired”. Judas was holding up a banner saying “Rodgers in”

I'd still show your artwork at the Villa match bud, however I'd also try to sneak in kevlar body armour too, those happy clappers may get vicious.

P.s. love the Judas bit.

• Haha 1

I was feeling my usual gutted self after yet another loss... and have only just seen this news, it feels now like a 4-0 win at the weekend, thanks Top.

Looking forward to Peter Taylor (with 9 million compo to Maldon & Tiptree), or Frank McLintock coming back - same age bracket as Roy Hodgson so he should get us off to a winning start for the last 10.

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

606 trying to get Rodgers the Spurs job lol

He’s just become a lot more attractive to them thats for sure. Levy will bank on getting those 2 good seasons out of him. 

4 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Took awhile for top to pull the plug but at least he stuck by his man up until it became untenable. This is actually a good thing for any manager wanting to come in to know they will be backed and not just booted at the first sign of things going wrong. 

Well I for one hope he's learnt his ****ing lesson from this and gets rid much quicker from now on. 

I'd seriously take Vieira for the rebuild job he did at Palace under worse? Circumstances,in the same way that I think Rodgers will do an excellent short term job for someone in the prem. 

Just so long as everyone learns about shelf lives. 

13 minutes ago, Tuna said:

606 trying to get Rodgers the Spurs job lol

It would make massive sense for Spurs.

Remember, he does great with the players and back room staff he's inherited. It's when he brings in his own staff and signings things start to go pear shaped.

Spurs would get a champions league place and a good run in that competition before any rot sets in.

That feeling when you've been blocked up and suddenly you do the biggest shit ever: you walk around with a skip in your step; the sky seems bluer, the trees, greener. The world, a wonderful place.

I hope the boys pull together and give us another great escape.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Well they can’t, because he was booted when in the relegation zone, there is no way anyone could say we would have stayed up with him in charge 

They've managed to spout some pretty ridiculous shit so far, what makes you think that would make any difference. 

Don't give a toss where he goes...Spuds, Chelsea, Inter Miami..

But if we can land a Pochettino or Nagelsman we would have a good (or at least better) chance of retaining Madders and Youri AND of attracting talent.

The biggest thing for me is the dread l felt at the prospect of him "rebuilding" us is lifted.

• Like 1

I'm on holiday and someone text me the news. All I can say is my main emotion was relief. Thank god he's gone. This season has been abysmal and the damage he's done could still result in our relegation. But I firmly believe we've got a fighting chance of survival now. I'm there for the Villa and Bournemouth games and I feel so much better about going to the games now. No manager is better than him. But I hope whoever is appointed gives everyone some belief that we can get out of this mess and start looking upwards again.