Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Brendan Rodgers SACKED - OFFICIAL

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

Nope - he needs the transfer Window and to be backed with the types of players he wants. However, there will be many drooling at the prospect for sure.

Are there vague similarities with Rodgers in that he will be great when things are going well, but poor when they are not, However, that could be just bad recollection of my part.

I would be ok with Potter next season but not right now.

It wouldn't surprise me to see him take a break and I reckon he probably needs one, he mentioned it really taking a toll on him a few weeks back.

New owners but the same old Chelsea eh.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

To all the ‘he was great for 2 years’ people: Did I imagine the collapse in the 2nd half of both his first two full seasons? 

He was great for about 4 months, inconsistent for the next 18 months, then awful for the remainder.

No, but we collapsed from a position higher than we were expected to be both times, not sure if that excuses anything, and would say he was good-to-decent for a couple of seasons and then poor-to-shocking

Haven't read previous posts as I've not been around today, but this is like a divorce. The first 2 years I was in love everything going well. But the odd thing annoyed me. When push came to shove we bottled  2 champions league finishes.  Never mind, nobodies perfect and my 25 kids  are still being nurtured. The fa cup win was like the  first anniversary. A special dY when all the little bits were forgiven. Then the rot starts to set in and you see that she's been tempted by arsenal on tinder. Still  they are parenting your kids so you promise to do more.  The spending on rubbish becomes obscene and still there is no love between you. The day finally arrives were enough is enough and for the good of your family you bin them.  We are in a big gamble now.  It's going to be hard.  There will be ups and downs. But it had to be done. We will survive . It ain't gonna be easy  but there was no alternative.  Time to fight for our fu###NG lives

• Like 1

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I’m sure it’s related to being in the relegation zone

whether that’s a contractual thing or the board made an agreement not to push the button until we were in it I don’t know but I think it’s significant 

You're probably right. I just hope spuds pick him up now he's free 🤣🤣🤣 please make my year.

5 hours ago, Matt said:

And you know what?

There is not and cannot be any accusation of the players being snakes as they were under Ranieri and Puel.

And there most certainly cannot be any accusations of us not giving Rodgers 'time' or that we're a 'sacking club'.

Me and you will sleep better tonight after this news.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

The damage Brendan has done here is immeasurable ultimately. Its not just about the position we currently find ourselves in. You have to factor in the complete regression in a number of our key players, the terrible signings we are now lumbered with and the destruction of any progress we made in establishing ourselves as a permanent top 10 club. 

He won us the FA cup which will always be a great achievement, but his stubborn ways could literally cost us our top flight place. The bloke is a fraud in football management.

The reality is nobody is a permanent top 10 club, apart from the big 6.

Lots of clubs will have spells in there and we’ve just had ours for 5 seasons. 

• Like 2

Sat here, in the position we're in now, you're offered the exact same experience as what we've had with Rodgers since 2018 - would you take it?

While his shortcomings have been made glaringly obvious, his eventual failure has been compounded by the Clubs reluctance to part ways with him for so long. A clear high level of respect from the Club in the statement makes it abundantly clear we're greatful for what he's achieved. Let's hope it didn't cost us a place in the Premier League.

As a fan this comes as a relief, absolutely because the current trajectory is relegation. Changes are being made and the rot can be got at. The players & fans need to react right now, our future is in the balance and these next couple of months will decide it.

The level he got us to pre-covid, pre-new contact were incredible. Although we failed in Europe the FA Cup win over Chelsea and the Community Shield over Man City are historical moments for our Club; never to be forgotten. While his shortcomings will likely fade through time. So thanks Brendan - we knew your shortcomings before you came, you made it work then you failed to keep it going. On we go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

No, but we collapsed from a position higher than we were expected to be both times, not sure if that excuses anything, and would say he was good-to-decent for a couple of seasons and then poor-to-shocking

It’s a tough one. To have got into a position to be 14 ish points clear of 5th place not once but twice is clearly an achievement with a club of our stature with so many clubs throwing money around. It’s also one the club hasn’t been in too often in it’s history.

But, a run of form that can lose that much ground and be overhauled from such a lead is ultimately really bad whether you are midtable and get sucked into a relegation battle or the likes of Newcastle throwing the title away in the late 90’s. I forget what lead we had but we threw away a huge one the season before we came up under Pearson where we were top and then only just scraped 6th at Forest on the last day. I suppose the difference being Pearson led us to promotion the next season whereas he we did the same in 2021! 

I suppose in my view, what is said in my first part of this post, along with covid, gave him the benefit of the doubt the first time. Then it happens again and it starts to point towards a wider mentality issue that we have seen since and are seeing now. Obviously that ties in with winning the cup so he was again given the benefit of the doubt. 

I think that is fair and objective :dunno:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

The rumour is that he’s gone without compensation due to a clause in his contract that we are in the bottom 3 and out of the cups 

Would make kind of sense if we were trying to save money. Could be bs of course.

5 minutes ago, squidsworth said:

Really don't know why the community shield is looked on as an achievement, it's a single game and a glorified pre season friendly that means jack. Yes he won the fa cup, but he tossed away top 4 positions twice and then was lucky to get us out of a relegation battle before actually getting us in one.  So long has our demise been telegraphed, it's unbelievable it's only now action has been taken. But now is the time to unite and get behind the players and for us as fans to become one again and see us through this last ten games. Then we can take stock... 

I remember singing "only one Brendan Rodgers" in that game when he came over at the end.

Makes me feel ill thinking about this now, like I want to hand myself in .

Edited by blueharmie
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Leicester City's fear of relegation saw Brendan Rodgers axed – just like Ranieri

The club dispensed of Brendan Rodgers' services after four years at helm after a poor run of results leaving the team in the relegation zone

By John Percy 2 April 2023 • 5:06pm

Leicester City sacked Brendan Rodgers (centre) after Saturday's 2-1 defeat to Crystal Palace Credit: Reuters/Andrew Boyers

When Leicester City axed Claudio Ranieri nine months after winning the Premier League title, the decision was made amid fears the club were heading for inevitable relegation.

A little over six years later, history has repeated itself. Leicester have been left with no alternative but to part company with Brendan Rodgers because they are convinced the alarming nosedive in results will end with the drop.

Rodgers’ departure by mutual agreement is only a surprise in the timing, with 10 games remaining to save the club from relegation to the Championship.

Supporters have been demanding change for over 18 months, and it is probably the Europa League defeat by struggling Legia Warsaw in Sept 2021 that can now be regarded as the turning point.

Leicester did try to give Rodgers time to turn the situation around. Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha, has come under scrutiny for his delay in taking action, but the truth is that he still had faith in Rodgers. He felt the risk in making a change was too great and could have a detrimental effect.

That faith finally disappeared after Leicester’s late defeat at Crystal Palace, and Rodgers was summoned for talks before a recovery session on Sunday.

Leicester City were on the ropes in the Europa League after a feeble defeat to Legia Warsaw in 2021 Credit: Reuters/Kacper Pempel

The last 12 months or so have been excruciating. Rodgers had frequently spoken of his desire for a “healthy shake-up” of the squad, but funds were limited in the summer amid fears over Financial Fair Play breaches.

Leicester also adopted the stance that Rodgers had been generously backed in the summer of 2021. They could not risk signing two or three more players last year who turn out to be bad buys, while also adding to an already bloated squad.

Though Leicester signed Wout Faes for £15m, after the sale of Wesley Fofana to Chelsea, Rodgers’ mood was dark on deadline day. 

After the home defeat by Manchester United his comments over a lack of backing angered the hierarchy.

They argued that Rodgers should be doing better with the team he had available. In their view, it was not a set of players that should be anywhere near the bottom of the table, and that remains the view now.

It was a tricky position for Rodgers to be in: he had made it quite clear that he wanted new signings but had to rely on players that he did not rate. Caglar Soyuncu and Boubakary Soumare were two players he did not want in his squad.

The departure of Kasper Schmeichel to Nice left Rodgers with Wales international goalkeeper Danny Ward, who is not good enough at this level.  

Rodgers was backed in January with the funds generated from Fofana’s sale, but despite an initial uplift in form Leicester have gone seven games without a win.

The relationship between Brendan Rodgers (left) and former captain Kasper Schmeichel became fractious by the time the goalkeeper left the club in 2022 Credit: Reuters/Michael Regan

It has only seemed a matter of time for weeks. Rodgers has appeared frequently downbeat, and negative in interviews. Team selection has been unpredictable. Training sessions are alleged to have been repetitive and boring with some players.

Rodgers' decision to give the squad last week off, in the first week of the international break, was a huge surprise to many senior officials at the club, considering the perilous position.  

Many supporters have always felt convinced that Rodgers was only using Leicester as a stepping stone to a bigger club. There has never seemed any real affection between him and the fanbase, despite the exhilarating football in his first two full seasons.

This season, Rodgers has looked as if he wanted putting out of his misery. There is a reasonable argument that most managers have a life-span of three years until players need a new voice and direction. 

To complete four years at this level, as I wrote in February, is an achievement that cannot be overestimated.

He has been isolated at times, and the lone voice. Srivaddhanaprabha writes a column in the programme but chief executive Susan Whelan and director of football Jon Rudkin have not spoken with the English press since Claudio Ranieri’s unveiling in July 2015.

There will be many pundits and neutrals who repeat the old tropes of ‘be careful for what you wish for’ and ‘it’s only Leicester, what do they expect’?

These should be ignored, for the people who actually pay the money to watch games have been frustrated for months, or longer.

Perhaps Rodgers should have gone earlier, for it has to be remembered that those first two and a half years were special. He did not deserve the situation to become so toxic.

He will return, most probably in the Premier League, and the chance to recharge will be good for him.

Now the change has come and Leicester are locked in a 10-game shootout for survival. 

The prospect of Championship football does not bear thinking about.

Rudkin and Whelan not giving an interview since 2015 is pathetic and speeks volumes