Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Brendan Rodgers SACKED - OFFICIAL

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Any of the players said anything on the socials yet?

They won't. They may be playing for him next season. They will put up with his shit for a raise. 

Also being in the prem, they dont care about the club or us sadly.

31 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We think it’s related to actually being in the bottom 3 on a contractual level 

Hmmm was we not bottom?

Who is we? Something you need to tell us?

Are you someone that needs to hide?

Or just guessing, if so why was this shit state allowed.

I had every respect for you as an honest poster on here.

But your comment leaves me asking?

Edited by sylofox

31 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Twelve PL managers sacked this season so far which tends to suggest managers are useless. As I have said a one year rolling contract only , we don't want to get trapped again.

No just shows how competitive the Premier League is and how important it is to not be relegated!

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

Wtf did they not do it 2 weeks ago?

It makes little sense to me.

Weird but the late timing of this still  isn't as bad as having left it any longer and we still have a favourable 'ish' run in and 10 games left to save ourselves - and are presently only a point from safety - not 10! 

2 hours ago, MattFox said:

Rudkin and Whelan not giving an interview since 2015 is pathetic and speeks volumes

Just as a matter of interest how often do other directors of football and CEO’s give media interviews? Not having a go as I thought the same at first but then questioned if it is even a done thing elsewhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

That's the biggest issue for me.

Any chance the rumor of a “bottom 3, no payout” contract clause might be true?

Edited by Deeg67

1 minute ago, jim5000 said:

I think 'best managers' is not correct. He has been manager while we have been at our highest level, but much of that was build on what went before him. In terms of recent managers, or managers in the 'modern era', O'Neil took a Championship club to PL top 10 and won two cups, Pearson took a League one club and established them in the Premier League, Ranieri took relegation candidates and won the Premier League, and Puel renovated a team and installed the foundations for a few seasons in the top half.

Rodgers won a cup, but he's the 3th manager in the last 20 years to do that for us, 4th if you include promotions. Other than that, he blew two Champions League qualifications, completely flopped us out of the UEFA cup, has seen the club decline from 5th to 19th, and has left a bloated, overpayed, poorly performing, directionless, unmotivated squad that is completely unsuited for life in the Premier League or the Championship.

He came in when we were at our apex, and has guided us back down to yo-yo club status. I would hardly call that 'one of our best managers'.

Can't go along with best ever manager either.

In my time Brian Little is ahead of him for the 3 seasons of consistency. Slightly tainted by the walkout but still very much in credit and fondly remembered overall.

Claudio and Rodgers had the success on very good foundations but figuring out the puzzle by themselves was the rock they perished on.

Claude was the opposite in that he did a lot of the rebuilding but couldn't reflect it in performances.

The initial success in tough circumstances and being able to ride out the storms sets O'Neill and Pearson apart. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

I think 'best managers' is not correct. He has been manager while we have been at our highest level, but much of that was build on what went before him. In terms of recent managers, or managers in the 'modern era', O'Neil took a Championship club to PL top 10 and won two cups, Pearson took a League one club and established them in the Premier League, Ranieri took relegation candidates and won the Premier League, and Puel renovated a team and installed the foundations for a few seasons in the top half.

Rodgers won a cup, but he's the 3th manager in the last 20 years to do that for us, 4th if you include promotions. Other than that, he blew two Champions League qualifications, completely flopped us out of the UEFA cup, has seen the club decline from 5th to 19th, and has left a bloated, overpayed, poorly performing, directionless, unmotivated squad that is completely unsuited for life in the Premier League or the Championship.

He came in when we were at our apex, and has guided us back down to yo-yo club status. I would hardly call that 'one of our best managers'.

Revisionist nonsense, we didn’t just ‘win a cup’ and finishing 5th twice isn’t ‘blowing champions league’ qualification. By any objective yardstick he was one of our best managers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Can't go along with best ever manager either.

In my time Brian Little is ahead of him for the 3 seasons of consistency. Slightly tainted by the walkout but still very much in credit and fondly remembered overall.

Claudio and Rodgers had the success on very good foundations but figuring out the puzzle by themselves was the rock they perished on.

Claude was the opposite in that he did a lot of the rebuilding but couldn't reflect it in performances.

The initial success in tough circumstances and being able to ride out the storms sets O'Neill and Pearson apart. 

He was far more successful than Pearson and more successful than MON. Only Ranieri more successful.

• Haha 1