Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Brendan Rodgers SACKED - OFFICIAL

2 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Do we know roughly his payout?

Hang on, I have a copy of his contract here.  Page 34 section 13.2121 says if we are playing shite and in the bottom three he can go for a bag of peanuts and a curly-wurly.  :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Potter in

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

See we do agree on some things! :)

Yeah the wrong things.

We need a manager with some pedigree of turning a club around. Given Potters ineptitude at Chelsea I’m not sure he is the right guy. His overall record really isn’t that impressive, Brighton started really well 20/21 but we finished above them. Then they started well this season and he left by September.

Edited by Strokes

6 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

Can't go along with best ever manager either.

In my time Brian Little is ahead of him for the 3 seasons of consistency. Slightly tainted by the walkout but still very much in credit and fondly remembered overall.

Claudio and Rodgers had the success on very good foundations but figuring out the puzzle by themselves was the rock they perished on.

Claude was the opposite in that he did a lot of the rebuilding but couldn't reflect it in performances.

The initial success in tough circumstances and being able to ride out the storms sets O'Neill and Pearson apart. 

It isn't even a debate! Matt Gillies won the League Cup and almost won the league over that weird winter of 62-63.

In terms of consistency Rodgers doesn't hold a candle to MO'N.

Rodgers is probably the most fortunate of City managers - inheriting and gradually demotivating what was a fine squad. On the basis of that Cup run, he possibly deserves some kudos, but it wasn't a squad he put together. The luck of the Irish is his claim to fame.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, sylofox said:

Hmmm was we not bottom?

Who is we? Something you need to tell us?

Are you someone that needs to hide?

Or just guessing, if so why was this shit state allowed.

I had every respect for you as an honest poster on here.

But your comment leaves me asking?

No mystery sylo

I don’t know why I wrote ‘we’ but

I’d just been down a rabbit hole on here from yesterday that showed quite a few posts saying the same thing.  Fundamentally it’s a punt though. 

a bottom three clause would have a minimum game kick in so not applicable earlier in the season 

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Don't get the Potter love in.

It's would be more of the same.

Why do people keep assuming potter is the same as Rodgers? It just isn’t the case and seems to be a lazy comparison.

• Like 3

Just now, Unabomber said:

Why do people keep assuming potter is the same as Rodgers? It just isn’t the case and seems to be a lazy comparison.

What I meant was a similar style of football and a manager who also doesn't show a lot of passion.

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

What I meant was a similar style of football and a manager who also doesn't show a lot of passion.

The football really isn’t that similar. Potter mixes things up mid game and isn’t afraid to change things for a start. Will be interesting to see how he does (should he come) with our attackers too.

Just now, Unabomber said:

The football really isn’t that similar. Potter mixes things up mid game and isn’t afraid to change things for a start. Will be interesting to see how he does (should he come) with our attackers too.

Exactly. Brighton never looked like us under Rodgers

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Would just prefer someone different, bit more direct and aggressive.

Pretty sure Chelsea said the same thing about their attacker.

Edited by coolhandfox

Great piece in the Daily Fail today.  

This part interesting:

Leicester overestimated the level of interest in Youri Tielemans, who had a flat 2021-22 season and is set to walk away for nothing this summer as one of eight players whose contracts are about to expire. That is bad planning on an epic scale and Rodgers cannot take sole blame, with director of football Jon Rudkin also in the firing line for those calls.

• Like 1