Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Brendan Rodgers SACKED - OFFICIAL

45 minutes ago, FoxyLeon said:

There's enough quality in our squad to be mid table. I've seen an abundance of individual quality for 3 years, but poor coaching which has left us declining as a Team/Unit game after game after game. Look at Kristiansen and Tete at Villa, the same with Castagne when he first came in at West Brom, Soyuncu, Faes etc etc....Everybody looks great when they arrive, still fresh from the previous Club's coaching, and then they disintegrate straight away. 

Looking back now, it's clear we haven't had a proper 'Footballing person' here since Puel. His transfer record for us, was outrageously good. Even Benkovic, before that horrific injury, looked like he was going to be the next best thing. 

This this and this!

1 hour ago, trooky said:

Why is this about Brenno, he should have been sacked in the summer. But it's impossible to criticise the club for the mess that were in without this forum jumping to defend the board and Top and hating on Rodgers.

Rodgers was left in the job so long to deflect from the board and the absolute shambles they've made of running the club but your all to blind to see it, and know your all happy because you're got shakey and Smith.

The club hasn't spent anywhere near enough money to keep us in the PL

Why is this about Brenno,

This is a thread about Brendan Rodgers :dunno:

without this forum jumping to defend the board and Top and hating on Rodgers.

The board and Too are getting plenty of deserved criticism across various threads on the forum. 

Rodgers was left in the job so long to deflect from the board and the absolute shambles they've made of running the club but your all to blind to see it,

Nothing to do with deflection. They left him too long due to either or both of having too much faith in him turning it around or incompetence. Nobody is blind to it hence why all across the forum the board are getting pelters for not acting sooner! 

The club hasn't spent anywhere near enough money to keep us in the PL

Seems the strategy has worked fine. Apparently we spent enough when we won the league with a starting line up that cost £20mill. Or finished top half under Puel consecutively. Or finished 5th twice and won the cup.

As others have said, it is not to do with that. It is about having filled the wage bill with crap, spending money poorly and poor management.

The money spent was fine before because Pearson and Puel were excellent as squid building with the right people around them (Walsh and Macia etc) and the right players were brought (mostly).

It’s quite an achievement to have a post that can be picked apart as much as that lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes Rodgers has left the  club in a much worse state than when he joined, but he's not in charge of finances and the ridiculous wages.

The club should have sacked him last summer, but obviously they can't when they've not spent a penny on the squad.

We've been run badly and Rudkin and others should go. 

We've been too unrealistic with the transfer fees we demand for our players which has a knock on effect with players only committing to Leicester on very high wages.

Last summer they should have  signed Lookman,  sacked Rodgers, sold Tielemans, Cags, Fofana and started again with a new manager and we would still be a mid-table PL team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trooky said:

We spent £65 million on 3 players, one loan and a free transfer in 2021, we couldn't even find the £11 million to make Lookman a permanent signing.

That's not being backed by any stretch and if we had the £100 million squad refresh that was required we wouldn't be in this mess.

Last summer all PL teams spent huge sums and we didn't. 

Yeh you already said this once. Go and read my reply and it might give you a little more insight 

4 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Biggest mistake was letting schmeichal go and sticking possibly the worst goalkeeper in English football in goal. Decent sides are built on a decent goalkeeper.

Kasper could have been out of his hands, was on £160k per week and end of his contract. He would have wanted at least 3yrs and a raise on that £160k, we just couldn’t afford it.

But hell yeah on Ward

On 11/04/2023 at 08:23, LCFCJohn said:

We spent £65 million on 3 players, one loan and a free transfer in 2021, we couldn't even find the £11 million to make Lookman a permanent signing.

That's not being backed by any stretch and if we had the £100 million squad refresh that was required we wouldn't be in this mess.

Can’t agree with any of this apart from the actual number of £65mill which is a fact!

That squad had just finished 5th twice and won the FA cup. It did not need a massive overhaul or refresh in 2021. Keeping hold of players and not selling a big asset is also backing the manager as much as purchasing a new shiny play toy.

All that summer needed was that £65mill spending on a couple of smart additions whether that was some promising youngsters, succession planning (I’m fully aware that Daka was intended to cover both those categories) or players with the right mentality after mentality was clearly the issue with the two failed top 4 challenges.

We had never been spending more than that (net spend). If we spent more it was offset by large sales.

That wasn’t the problem in 2021, it was just spent poorly by Congerton.

Last summer all PL teams spent huge sums and we didn't. 

Last summer was shit yes but would you rather the club end up in an even worse financial position? For the clubs faults, they clearly realised their mistakes with the finances and having overstretched in the previous couple of years. 

It was still a squad who had finished 5th, 5th and 8th and had the majority of that squad left.

Many of the big earners are due out of contract this summer so the remit was consolidate. Nobody was expecting too 4, top 6 or even top half.

What followed this season is nothing to do with Rodgers not getting shiny toys in the summer. Did anything improve in February onwards after he got 3 new signings? Arguably apart from those two games it got a lot worse.

That’s because the problems are to do with mentality and approach to games which have been clear for 18 months odd, predating the poor summer last year. 

Last summer was a direct consequence of the summer before, when the club gave Rodgers what he'd been asking for. When the planned drive for a CL place and respectable UEFA showing descended into an 8th place finish which depended largely on Vardy defying his years, and a Europa Conference campaign which didn't go anywhere either, it was inevitable that cloth would have to be cut accordingly. Rodgers thereafter spun his side of the story to our detriment, and in fairness it's possible that the club had failed to explain to him the reality of our situation beforehand, but it shouldn't have come as any great surprise to him. He asked for backing, got it, failed to deliver. There was a cost.

Edited by inckley fox
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Kasper could have been out of his hands, was on £160k per week and end of his contract. He would have wanted at least 3yrs and a raise on that £160k, we just couldn’t afford it.

But hell yeah on Ward

Kasper wouldn’t have negotiated an increase on his previous contract. He, the club, and his agent would know that he wasn’t worth what he was at his peak.

Edited by 5waller5

25 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

Last summer was a direct consequence of the summer before, when the club gave Rodgers what he'd been asking for. When the planned drive for a CL place and respectable UEFA showing descended into an 8th place finish which depended largely on Vardy defying his years, and a Europa Conference campaign which didn't go anywhere either, it was inevitable that cloth would have to be cut accordingly. Rodgers thereafter spun his side of the story to our detriment, and in fairness it's possible that the club had failed to explain to him the reality of our situation beforehand, but it shouldn't have come as any great surprise to him. He asked for backing, got it, failed to deliver. There was a cost.

We have a net spend of £25 million on transfers in the past 2 seasons, Southampton have a net transfer spend of £110 million in the same period.

They haven't won the FA cup, finished 5 twice or played in Europe in their recent history like we have.

I'm not defending Rodgers management or sticking up for him in anyway because even though the team is in decline, they should be good enough for at least 15th position. 

Without getting into his tactics, he chose to play Vardy, Amartey and Ward in too many games which as cost us.

I don't agree with the original post that he's been backed in the transfer market because the facts clearly prove he hasn't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

But hell yeah on Ward

He’s on 65 grand a week at Nice.

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

But hell yeah on Ward

He wasn’t on 160k per week 

I think he was on 120/125

which ran for another year 

he’s signed for 3 years at nice on around 60/70k 

I’ve no idea what happened to his lost wages over this current season (approx 2.5m).

I would think that he left for one of two reasons 

a) to get away from rodgers 

b) to help our ffp issues and take on a new challenge at the same time 

both of these options were related to the fact that we seemingly weren’t prepared to offer kasper.a new deal beyond this coming summer 

• Like 2

Guest nathan.

Thank the lord he’s gone.

Just something about him I hated.

Had a fake vibe about him like he was never himself.

1 hour ago, nathan. said:

Thank the lord he’s gone.

Just something about him I hated.

Had a fake vibe about him like he was never himself.

Give the Being Liverpool documentary a watch. It sent me from inconvenience to pure hatred of him lol 

2 hours ago, trooky said:

Without getting into his tactics, he chose to play Vardy, Amartey and Ward in too many games which as cost us.

I don't agree with the original post that he's been backed in the transfer market because the facts clearly prove he hasn't.

...he would have been aware of the club's longterm plan and the available spend for each season!!!

If he chooses to play Amartey when Soyuncu is available,  then he cannot complain of not having the resources available to him. Soyuncu sits on the bench every game, it is not as if he is refusing to play.

9 hours ago, inckley fox said:

This is true. It is why I’d love for Smith and co to come in and have a fantastic end to the season and show that the squad is good enough.

Unlike with Ranieri, there has been no accusations of the players not playing for him so if Smith turns it around, it’s refute the not backed claims.

In fairness, even going back to pre-Rodgers, I am not sure why we have never found as much to spend as other clubs with most of our transfer spend always being from sales. Even more surprising that we are in such a state. But that’s a different point, the main point being Rodgers was still backed more than any other manager we have had.

9 hours ago, trooky said:

We have a net spend of £25 million on transfers in the past 2 seasons, Southampton have a net transfer spend of £110 million in the same period.

They haven't won the FA cup, finished 5 twice or played in Europe in their recent history like we have.

I'm not defending Rodgers management or sticking up for him in anyway because even though the team is in decline, they should be good enough for at least 15th position. 

You still just don’t get it.

For the record, here is Southampton’s transfer records, https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-southampton/alletransfers/verein/180

The year before last they made more in sales than they spent so that has helped them have a much bigger net spend this year as it helps balance out. They have hardly been big net spenders until this year so you are picking a specific point without the detail around it to make your argument.

Secondly, most of the players are young and will be on low wages. If you sign players on lower wages, you can sign more of them and spend more on transfer fees.

In my post above this one, I have questioned why we have never been able to find more to spend outside of funds made from outgoing across our time in the league. However, it is what is it and I am not in charge of club finances so shouldn’t be expected to know.

The point is though, Rodgers has been backed more than any other LCFC manager in his time here. We have never had net spends of over £100mill. Did Puel complain? Or Ranieri? Or Pearson? Or Shakespeare? No, they all go on with it.

27 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

This is true. It is why I’d love for Smith and co to come in and have a fantastic end to the season and show that the squad is good enough.

Unlike with Ranieri, there has been no accusations of the players not playing for him so if Smith turns it around, it’s refute the not backed claims.

In fairness, even going back to pre-Rodgers, I am not sure why we have never found as much to spend as other clubs with most of our transfer spend always being from sales. Even more surprising that we are in such a state. But that’s a different point, the main point being Rodgers was still backed more than any other manager we have had.

People keep going on about the transfer spend, media, fans, it's the wages that have crippled us.

5 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

People keep going on about the transfer spend, media, fans, it's the wages that have crippled us.

Exactly, as in the post above this one of yours, I have mentioned this in relation to Southampton having bought a lot of players and spent more. Look at the type of players they have signed, wages will be a lot lower.

Some don’t realise retaining players or new contracts are a form of backing and base whether the manager is backed purely off the number of players who come in the door and how much transfer spend is.

My comment about not sure why we have never really spent is based on our overall time in the league, I.e before wage spiralled.