Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Brendan Rodgers SACKED - OFFICIAL

1 minute ago, Mendi said:

So I was right and others to. Brilliant news. He was not sacked. The club waited till we dropped in the bottom before acting on the clause.

Shit what if that didn’t happen till the last day though? 

5 minutes ago, the draper said:

That's a very sad summary of modern fans 

The Fa Cup is our 2nd biggest ever win 

I'm appreciative of it 

He isn't the only person responsible for the mess 

Whelan and Rudkin need to go as well 

And Top left it very late 

His football never appealed to me but I can appreciate the Cup win forever 

I always find this a bit weird when people say, his first 2 years were some of the best football I've ever seen us play. I think the last 2 has fogged everyone's memory, it has been painful

• Like 1

Rodgers did well initially and I’m grateful for the FA Cup win, but this was long overdue this season.

Pundits and ex-players will probably fall over themselves to back Rodgers, but I really do believe they should get with reality. Very few managers can achieve a long period of success and most go stale after a period of time. Only the very best managers with huge amounts of resource at their disposal can get sustained success. Even then some stay far too long (see Wenger at Arsenal). 

Even if we do still go down the time is right (or, perhaps, overdue). He HAD to go! 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Mendi said:

3 minutes ago, Mendi said:

So I was right and others to. Brilliant news. He was not sacked. The club waited till we dropped in the bottom before acting on the clause.

Yep, I heard it was because we dropped into bottom 3. Had a clause in the contract that payment will be reduced due to performance. 

Edited by Lcfcman2010
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Am I the only one that thinks it might not be too late? 

No you’re not, but it’s worth a try.

A new manager bounce, at this stage, could be the difference between staying up or going down 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Am I the only one that thinks it might not be too late? 

it's not. that we've got so many games left against sides in the relegation scrap, we're still in control of our own destiny. sacking him was just what we needed to have a chance of capitalising on it

• Like 1