Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

48 minutes ago, Dames said:

I was worried that the club would appoint either Benitez or Hasenhuttl on a 2 and a half year deal but I'm feeling slightly more confident now that Potter is available.

I imagine it'll be caretaker then Potter in the summer if we stay up. 

...in this scenario, and I  am not advocating that he is who we should bring in!!!

A run of 10 games to assess the squad, and have an idea of who he needs to bring in and the structure of the club. His philosophy is very pragmatic to deal with our situation, so all things been said, this is the right time for him to step in.

Top will have to deal with a manager without the bluster and blarney and would no doubt be a better relationship, manager to chairman that the previous incumbent he had to deal with.

6 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

If we are waiting till the summer we should be going for Thomas Frank not potter 

Or De Zerbi. Problem would be trying to get these type of managers now. Why would they leave their current role for one with so much uncertainty and strife when they are well set in their current roles?

Potter would be on the list in the summer if we stay up for sure. 

In the meantime we may as well just go with Stowell + Sadler I don’t see how anyone who is willing to take a 10 game job is going to do much better. The squad is good enough to stay up just needs freshening up on the training ground/dugout. 

Granted if we lose the next two it’s a different story… 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Interim = Sadler and Stowell. 

Anyone else is going to want a proper contract, at very least a suitable reward for keeping us up. 

I'm not in any rush for us to hire someone. Theoretically, our squad is good enough to survive. It just needs a lift in morale across the board, if taking Rodgers out of the equation gives us enough to stay in the league then I'd much rather we wait and assess the market after the season has ended. 

It is genuinely quite concerning how much of a precarious situation we're in when you really think about it. Get this next appointment wrong and we're potentially in a world of pain for several seasons to come. If we make the wrong call, it's not just the manager we're lumbered with it's the best part of a rebuilt squad of his players also.

It does feel like we need Sadler and Stowell to just get the basics right and galvanise a load of players who's minds are probably on their next move at the end of the season.

I'm on the fence about Potter. He's shown at Brighton he's way more capable of squad building than the Nero we've finally cut ties with. But I do not want to see us persist with possession-for-the-sake-of-it football. We need to adapt and, to me, our squad is still far more capable of playing a high-press, counter based style.

Start of next season, maybe. To jump now would potentially be a disaster, we need to be throwing everything at these next ten games and I'd rather Stowell and Sadler be the ones to do that. I hope, pray, they release the shackles and let the boys play with some freedom again.

• Like 1

Huth is currently employed by the club isn't he?

I'd move him over as a temporary coach to help stowell in the interim, might not be management material but you'd hope he'd be able to inject some fight into the players

He was instrumental to our last great escape

I still think an interim is the best play (if Potter doesn’t want it right now). Anyone with remotely decent coaching experience will keep us up on a ten game interim contract - be it MON, Shakespeare, Knudsen, Sadler/Stowell or whoever. You don’t need to panic and make a short sighted appointment like Benitez right now.

Then in the summer once you stay up you’re a much more attractive proposition. I’ve seen the likes of Frank, Postecoglu, Thomason, Haise, Fischer, Carrick, Kompany or Still mentioned - All great suggestions but they aren’t going to leave their club and project with 2 months to go and certainly not whilst ours could be going down the swanny.

Hang in there. Summer is the better option.

• Like 1

I would be surprised if we get anyone before the summer. 

I cant see the point in bringing anyone in for 8 games (we wont sort this week so will be 8 left) 

Hold out until the summer but do it early! 

If we want Potter go get him now but just get him working in the background with the club. 

Be careful what you wish for with Potter. Think he could wind up being another Brendan. Significant portion of Brighton fans were getting pissed off with his boring football at points. De Zerbi doing much better even when Trossard, White etc have been sold

• Like 2

I think Stowell / Sadler will take the next 2 games and if they get a response from the players then they will stay in charge until the end of the season. If not the board might panic and go for someone like Benitez or Hasenhuttl.

Ultimately we are going to have far better options in the summer, so we need to get through until then and make a long term appointment. I don’t want Potter but even if we were to go for him there’s no chance he jumps out of Chelsea into a relegation battle with us at this point if the season.

• Like 1

I don't understand how people are happy with Stowell and Sadler. 

We know we are in a precarious position, so lose the next two, by taking a punt on two coaches who have absolutely zero track record and the position becomes even more unlikely to be attractive to someone. 

The club should identify who they want and get it done quickly.   There MUST be a shortlist of targets... it's been fairly obvious that this scenario was likely to present itself one way or another in the immediate future. 

any other way forward see's us sink even closer to relegation in my opinion. 

We don’t know the owners plan re selling the club? That’s why a short term appointment is probably our best bet, so perhaps we cannot think / plan too far ahead yet.

For that reason I think Rafa would be good on a short term basis, just go back to basics play two upfront etc 

I don't think guys like Frank or De Zerbi would look at the job, they've already got a good thing going where they are right now, would be a huge risk to jump ship for a team fighting relegation. Potter is a no brainer and the realistic stand-out candidate imo. Short-term though just need someone to get to 40 points.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
  • Like 1

Looking in from the outside, I’m not sure how attractive an option we appear to managers who currently have a solid position and are doing well (well actually I know that we don’t ) 

those who are out of work have different decisions to make 

Edited by st albans fox

11 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

We know we are in a precarious position, so lose the next two, by taking a punt on two coaches who have absolutely zero track record and the position becomes even more unlikely to be attractive to someone. 

The club should identify who they want and get it done quickly.   There MUST be a shortlist of targets... it's been fairly obvious that this scenario was likely to present itself one way or another in the immediate future. 

I don’t think anyone is happy with Stowell and Sadler but the club have kept Rodgers in the job for too long and any decent manager isn’t going to come in at this stage.

We’re unlikely to appoint before the Bournemouth game so they will be in charge for at least those games.

15 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

Because at this stage the coaching and the tactics take a back seat and fight and effort take centre stage. I don't care who's in charge now as long as they can get them fired up for 10 games. 

• Like 4

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Because at this stage the coaching and the tactics take a back seat and fight and effort take centre stage. I don't care who's in charge now as long as they can get them fired up for 10 games. 

Yeh it’s literally not about tactics right now. 

It’s about getting confidence up and basically getting them pumped and fighting. 

• Like 1