Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

On 02/04/2023 at 22:18, Guest said:

Say what you like about our board but even they aren't thick enough to draw up a managerial shortlist and have Martin O'Neill as one of their top three. He's managed 19 club league games in the past decade.

I stand corrected, apparently they are thick enough. Not for the first time I have underestimated just how incompetent these people are.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

I like Wilder, I just don’t know if he would replicate what he did at Sheffield United anywhere else. Think he was very fortunate with the staff he had at United, those who were already at the club and those he took with him.

He did good jobs with Oxford, Northampton and Halifax.

But I wouldn't want him. He spent too much money on rubbish at Sheffield United in the PL and they got pathetically relegated. His job at Middlesbrough was poor after and Carrick now has the same team in a promotion battle.

We can and should do better than Chris Wilder.

25 minutes ago, Wortho said:

I am not sure but he's having a successful season. Whether he will be any good time will tell.

MON came from Norwich after being sacked after 6 months.

what?

MON wasn’t sacked. He left them to join us.

• Like 1

MON is a good man and might be able to get enough of a rise out of this group to survive.  It's preposterous on so many levels but honestly, it's even more preposterous that Rodgers kept his job until this week.  At this stage I'm not sure we have a better option (remember, they have to be willing to take the job), and surviving at all costs trumps everything else.

17 minutes ago, Matt said:

He is, but that’s not what I’m getting at.

Kieran McKenna: “Working with Ole and José was great but Brendan Rodgers is my inspiration”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/kieran-mckenna-working-with-ole-and-jose-was-great-but-brendan-rodgers-is-my-inspiration-j52stn86k

Ashton: McKenna has the same traits as Brendan Rodgers.

CEO Mark Ashton says new Blues boss Kieran McKenna has a similar football intelligence to Brendan Rodgers.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/21268051.ashton-mckenna-traits-brendan-rodgers/

There are other articles too.

Fair play, you've got more than enough evidence to back your point up there.

I would say though, McKenna has shown far more tactical flexibility at Ipswich than Rodgers did here.

31 minutes ago, Rupert Von Suckalemon said:

I think Martin O’Neill is a no brainier at this stage of the season.

He gets respect from his players, and it’s obvious, they play for him.

We will not attract a long term coach/manager that will be immediately exposed to a dog fight.

WhenMartin left Forest after his last spell, he had totally lost the players. 

16 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

I like Wilder, I just don’t know if he would replicate what he did at Sheffield United anywhere else. Think he was very fortunate with the staff he had at United, those who were already at the club and those he took with him.

Wilder is also one of the most disliked men in football. I could never see our board choosing to work with him. 

7 minutes ago, MPH said:

what?

MON wasn’t sacked. He left them to join us.

No. He was sacked a couple of weeks before we hired him if I remembered rightly after Norwich had made a poor start to trying to get promoted back to the PL again.

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Hiring MON would be like Newcastle hired Joe Kinnear a few years back - yesterday’s manager who were good in the 90s that even most League Two clubs wouldn’t hire anymore. We’d be a laughing stock

Like we're not already?:o

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

No. He was sacked a couple of weeks before we hired him if I remembered rightly after Norwich had made a poor start to trying to get promoted back to the PL again.

FOOTBALL: O'Neill's sudden resignation stuns Norwich | The Independent | The Independent

He quit the morning of our game against them.

• Like 3

MON is a clear heart ruling head (he was manager when Top first started supporting us apparently) - My heart says it would be great to have him back and would slightly sweeten the relegation pill. 

My head says he's been out of the game for way too long and this is essentially am admission that we can't attract the manager we need and that we are accepting relegation. 

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

You remember wrongly.  MON quit Norwich on the day they played us at Filbert Street.  The board at City were about to appoint Mike Walker, but the chairman at the time (Martin George) managed to persuade them to change their mind.

It's all in his book, which came out last year.

• Like 1