Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

5 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Big advocate of the Red Bull model, I’ve banged on about wanting Matthias Jaissle for long enough, that high intensity, high pressing style can be extremely fun to watch.

Leeds under Marsch were very similar at times, in some games they lost, their performances and style of football had its positives.

The problem with Marsch is the way he conducts himself, it’s extremely hard to take him seriously. 

If the board are indeed fans of the Red Bull model, I’d rather take Jaissle, Hasenhuttl, Schmidt or Hutter over Marsch.

Jaissle looks like he is going to be a huge manager in years to come from the limited amount I’ve seen of him, only 35 too! If I could pick anyone from the RB crop that might come to us it would be Jaissle but I think he would want to win his title first, so would need to muddle through somehow and survive. 

It’s going to be fine lads! Marsch is going to come in and keep us up with his soccer tactics. 

maddison will be sold and replaced by szoboszlai.

Daka will turn into a prime Drogba 😂

redbull will take us over and we will be renamed RB Leicester 

what’s not to like ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Evening Chaps

Enjoying this absolutely ill informed discussion about Marsch. Yip, I'm a Leeds fan.

Lets start off with why he was anywhere close to getting an interview at Leeds. He won the title in Austria, where his team had the most money and all the best youth prospects in Europe. You can read online some of the criticisms about his time at Salzburg; i guess when you have the best players the tactics don't really matter as you win every week anyhow. You would think that strange given the success but . . . it's an early red flag. Went to Leipzig, a club he knew well and completely failed. This had been a top 4 team for a number of years prior to his arrival. Again, all the articles are out there as to his tactical incompetence and how it didn't suit his players or the needs of the club. Leipzig had done well before he arrived and did better after he left. Red flags all over.

So, he gets the Leeds gig. I'm 100% convinced that locker room camera in the CL tie at Anfield was influential. You can soon tell why though, as he is a company man through and through. He also has that American smarm that lets him talk confidently for ever. He sounds impressive but listen to what he is saying and it can often lack substance and  be inconsistent. He assembled the most low quality backroom staff you could imagine. His first home game was the worst performance I think we had ever seen at ER at the top level. Absolutely clueless. For the remainder of the season we played a jumbled defensive game where we tried to cling on for a point. He won at Wolves - we were losing by 2 and were going down to a heavy defeat before they lost a player to a red card - he won at Watford - they missed a bundle of one on one chances - he beat Brentford - they had nine men and still looked the better team  - and we scrambled an injury time goal to beat Norwich. Our wingers played narrow, we played schoolboy football and it was a horror show each week.

This season he started with a better balanced squad despite losing the two stars. Tbh, neither suited how he wanted to play,. Marsch plays narrow and we have so many wingers on our books. Rafinha hated playing for him by all accounts and Phillips is so average as a CM or in a defensive 2. So a good time to move both on really. We have played awful football all season using a kick and rush style that has every player operating in the middle of the park. When we got the ball we had to move it forward at high speed which often results in losing it instantly. We attacked with zero width so there was never an outball to find a player in space. We were overrun again and again in defence with only one player out wide. It was so eay for an opponent to load up out wide and put in good ball. He pulled off impressive performances only against the high end teams as though this tactic limited their ability to play, but we struggled against anyone else and looked clueless in both attacking and defending. He cannot adjust in game tactics and doesn't use his subs well. Off the field Marsch talks a great game and it was leaked he often blamed the players for not understanding what he was trying to do. Our successful U23's also started to play poor quality football.

When Marsch was sacked NOT ONE player posted a positive good luck message on social media.

The whole appointment has been an absolute disaster. Be very afraid.

Edited by LaughingOutLoud
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

It’s going to be fine lads! Marsch is going to come in and keep us up with his soccer tactics. 

what’s not to like ?

Correction: RB Leicester City. That’s all fine, but it’s the change of club badge that’ll cause the most dramas

Guest Mee-9
4 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

what’s not to like ?

1390be54600d3a64be23ca2309af8a54-marketi

Ngolo Kante returns on loan and is spotted driving this beast around Highcross Car Park. 

38 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

“Red bull tactics” you mean the gegenpress? What? Some of the best managers in the world have transitioned a form of this style of play into their own. Pep and Klopp to name a couple. Both of those managers obviously aren’t identical but they both play a form of the style of football that was popularised by coached like Rangnick. 

Well that’s not all Red Bull football is all about. The out of possession stuff is high intensity pressing, like gengen pressing, which klopp and pep have absolutely used over the years. My issues is with the in possession stuff. It’s so direct and fast paced. Leeds were awful in possession and so wasteful and only really created chances when they were already 2 nil down in games. I just think premier league teams are much better set up to be able to deal with that style of play. But Ragnick, Marsch and Hausenhuttl all struggled playing that way in the league. I’d also argue that we don’t really have the players to play such a high intensity game either. 

2 hours ago, Daggers said:

RBFOXES.png

2 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Correction: RB Leicester City. That’s all fine, but it’s the change of club badge that’ll cause the most dramas

• Haha 1

Do not want Marsch.

Him and Bobcat Bob have just confirmed that Americans lack the knowledge of the game to manage at the highest level right now.

That poster is ****ing hanging. Pumping. Always online. Defence! Playbooks! The football roster! Let's have a draft!

No thanks. The cultural engagement with football in America isn't deeply ingrained and it's just obvious that it doesn't work. Same as having a Brit managing an American Rugby team. Be ****ing useless.

Just now, foxile5 said:

Do not want Marsch.

Him and Bobcat Bob have just confirmed that Americans lack the knowledge of the game to manage at the highest level right now.

That poster is ****ing hanging. Pumping. Always online. Defence! Playbooks! The football roster! Let's have a draft!

No thanks. The cultural engagement with football in America isn't deeply ingrained and it's just obvious that it doesn't work. Same as having a Brit managing an American Rugby team. Be ****ing useless.

USA nearly beat us in the World Cup! 

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

as the Leeds fan said, under 9's stuff. Hate it. 

I'll support him he if comes in nonetheless. 

To be fair I often think a lot of managers just talk bullshit, especially in training. Back to basics and simplifying the game is genuinely the level our players need.

Ndidi can't pass, Ward cant save, Soumare can't play football.

9 minutes ago, RedSoxUK said:

To be fair I often think a lot of managers just talk bullshit, especially in training. Back to basics and simplifying the game is genuinely the level our players need.

Ndidi can't pass, Ward cant save, Soumare can't play football.

Vardy can't run 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Well that’s not all Red Bull football is all about. The out of possession stuff is high intensity pressing, like gengen pressing, which klopp and pep have absolutely used over the years. My issues is with the in possession stuff. It’s so direct and fast paced. Leeds were awful in possession and so wasteful and only really created chances when they were already 2 nil down in games. I just think premier league teams are much better set up to be able to deal with that style of play. But Ragnick, Marsch and Hausenhuttl all struggled playing that way in the league. I’d also argue that we don’t really have the players to play such a high intensity game either. 

No of course it’s far more complex than that but generally speaking Man City and Liverpool have formed their own version of the same style, city play quite narrow too and although they cross the ball a lot much of their success comes from the middle from what I’ve seen, then again they create so many chances it’s hard to tell where their strength is as it’s pretty much everywhere. Liverpool do adopt wider player but defensively high press. 

Christ I’m just appreciative of the fact you’ve actually told me why you think the tactics won’t suit, and I appreciate your concern although I disagree with you on the idea that we can’t play intensive pressing. I don’t think we are able to match bielsa levels of pressure obviously and I think it would need to be adapted for what we have now, but generally speaking I think our players would probably excel more at direct narrow play compared to getting out to Barnes and Tete out wide. I think dropping into the middle would suit then moreto be honestly. All of this chat and we will end up with Big Sam anyway

edited as mispoke: 

Edited by cityfanlee23
  • Like 2