Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

20 minutes ago, Pete 1986 said:

Long time lurker, first time poster here...

Regarding Marsch, I actually got the feeling in his interviews when he was at Leeds that he "got" English football and appreciated its heritage and nuances. In fact far more than certain English people do. We're not talking about an American capitalist owner coming in, trying to change the fabric of the club or indeed English football at large. He happens to be an American who may or may not be the right fit for us, but I'm willing to give him a chance. I would much rather have him in charge than one of the old boys' club (Lampard, Gerrard, Allardyce) who seem to get a pass in the media and among certain fans due to their playing careers or simply being English.

You waited all that Time to post this :o

36 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Absolutely agree but you just hope they don't just try and regurgitate Rodgers style and tactics in his absence because they think that's the best way or the right thing to do. It was precisely that approach that got us into this mess in the first place. In that respect they need new eyes and a different approach but are they capable of it? They've been partly responsible for churning out this guff in the first place. 

You must be going out of your mind at the thought of Jesse Marsch. Have to say that I'm taking a perverse amount of pleasure at the thought. :D Getting back the very thing y'all hated so much.

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Right but that's not the only thing you hire managers on is it? otherwise, there are plenty of top managers who would be screwed if their last club was the sole basis of selecting a new manager. Many of our fans turned their noses up at Eddie Howe when he was out of work a year ago and we were in fast decline because he was relegated at Bournemouth, now look at him. Obviously, those scenarios are slightly different as Eddie had done a decent job in the premier league already but you understand my point, the last club that managers are at can be an indicator but I would be very shocked if that's the basis that teams select managers on, otherwise you're only ever one bad job away from oblivion. 

Generally speaking the signings that Marsch made would get into our squad, the ones you mentioned easily but some of the others like Mckennie or Roca would also walk into our squad. Not all players instantly hit the ground running obviously and some need time, but the calibre of young players like Rutter or Gnonto will serve you long-term (although Rutter needs to settle and improve) 

Regarding sloppy goals I can't disagree with you there that it was an issue for you, but is that down to the tactics or the players implementing them? I'm far from a coach or analyst so I'm open to anyone's input on here, but defensively Marsch's tactics at Salzburg were very similar to Klopps at Liverpool, so why did it not work at Leeds? Leeds players seemed scared to press from what I saw but again, I can't claim to have seen it directly on weekly basis. 

Because Salzburg are the Man City of Austria, it's not hard to do well there as a manager. It's like praising someone for winning the SPL and thinking they could implement those same tactics to a lower half premier league side and get results.

The result was 100% due to the tactics, if the players were struggling to implement what he was trying to do then it's his responsibility, as a manager to change them. Leeds players didn't know who was supposed to press or go out wide to defend, it happened a lot. Again about the signings, just because Marsch was the manager at the time of the signings does not make them his signings. our DoF sings and deals with the players, something he struggled to do under Bielsa. Marsch would've just been told who's coming in.

Leeds fan here.  If your board is stupid enough to appoint that utter David Brent fraud Marsch and you stand for it you deserve all you get.  Our idiots tried to appoint some dutch failure post Marsch and we kicked off until we got a proper appointment.  You ought to as well.  The worst manager we’ve ever had in terms of damage done and we’ve had some proper dross in our recent lower league days.  He should be banished from football, the self regarding,  vacuous faker.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, USMNT Matt said:

Hey y'all, Jesse didn't get the break he needed at Leeds. It's as simple as that. He's 100% suited to the EPL though. He gave blood, sweat and tears to every job He's had - even in the last job, where supporters wanted him to fail as he wasn't Marco Bielsa. His status as a Princeton alumni is highly respected within the US and is seen as a footballing visionary here. I cannot believe the tedius Ted Lasso nonsense he was associated with but it's another case of xenophobic anti-USA feeling towards ourselves in English football. I think he'd be a much better fit for your roster than Leeds' too.

For better or worse, Marsch or anyone else can’t expect to go to the PL and get a fair shake because the financial stakes are just too high. If clubs are in real danger of relegation, there’s a good chance they’re going to replacr their manager. 

A manager going to one of the lower PL just has to hope he does well enough for long enough to either get one of the real top jobs (e.g. Potter), get a nice contract extension (Rodgers), or be fortunate with multiple chances (Marco Silva).

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

He speaks much better English than the majority of Premier League managers & much better English than many of the Leicester squad.

The anti American stuff is so boring and weird. The guy speaks German, has managed across Europe and people act like he’s some redneck who’s only just  heard about soccer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Mee-9
6 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Everyone fails at Leeds because they’re the anus of England. 

Loving the change of image and the new pro-America profile. :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, BielsaIsGod said:

Leeds fan here.  If your board is stupid enough to appoint that utter David Brent fraud Marsch and you stand for it you deserve all you get.  Our idiots tried to appoint some dutch failure post Marsch and we kicked off until we got a proper appointment.  You ought to as well.  The worst manager we’ve ever had in terms of damage done and we’ve had some proper dross in our recent lower league days.  He should be banished from football, the self regarding,  vacuous faker.

We do have previous for exactly this.

5 minutes ago, BielsaIsGod said:

I mean we literally just sacked the original David Brent football manager so...

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, LUFC92 said:

Here to pass on our sympathies, oh and say how much we look forward to attacking the empty wings and tapping in unmarked at the back post later this month.

Dreadful manager and he will really boil your piss in every press conference. Not because he’s American, because he’s a twat.

Wow You hate him that much

• Haha 1

Whether it’s marsh or not just somebody somewhere bloody do something and quick! Call it what you want but we are grasping at straws. We have to try everything if we are to survive. Continuing to sleep walk is not an option anymore!

• Like 1

Guest Mee-9
Just now, Daggers said:

We do patriotism at this club now. 

And guns. 

Singha will be replaced with Bud Light on Saturday... 

Guest nathan.
2 minutes ago, LUFC92 said:

Here to pass on our sympathies, oh and say how much we look forward to attacking the empty wings and tapping in unmarked at the back post later this month.

Dreadful manager and he will really boil your piss in every press conference. Not because he’s American, because he’s a twat.

Can’t be any worse than Rodgers.

Rodgers was genuinely insufferable.

8 minutes ago, BielsaIsGod said:

Just to be clear do you rate and like him? 😂