Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Our Next Manager

Leicester's Next Manager   

841 members have voted

1. 1. Leicester's Next Manager

• Ange Postecoglou
    • Rafa Benitez
    • Graham Potter
    • Michael Carrick
    • Ralph Hassenhuttl
    • Thomas Frank
    • Other (state who)

This poll is closed to new votes

11 hours ago, Larry_LCFC said:

I'd love to throw him in a large body of water without a rudder. Bellend!

...I  would suspect his position would have been usurped by Rodgers when he came into the club!!!

Top did give him(Rodgers) the freedom to do whatever was necessary to push the club along, and devise a structure that would run all the way through the academies. If there was anyone with a vested interest in Rodgers going, it would have been Rudkin.

Making a list incase of the sacking of Rodgers would have been part of his remit and we should have had genuine candidates to turn to.

Whether Rodgers pushed to go or we finally pulled the lever, we appear to be caught off guard and scrambling to fill a gap. We should have had someone who we knew would have genuinely considered coming here either in the short term or in the long term.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Glastorfox said:

Forget Pearson he has already said he is fully committed to his role at Bristol City, I am proud of what I achieved at Leicester but that ship has now sailed, its all history, he is building a pretty good team, his project could bring a promotion push next year.  

Yep, Pearson won't come he lives in the South West now, and the commute to Leicester would be horrendous.

5 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

It’s quite easy to look back now and see that Puel built a great squad at the expense of losing the dressing room by pissing off some influential players. Rodgers comes in, briefly reaps the rewards simply by not being Puel, the proceeds to tank the club for two straight years whilst the board sits back and watches it happen. Now we are relegated. 

19429F66-0DCA-495E-AAED-7EC7EB8AD554.png

Christ, it’s bleak when you put the data into these simple charts isn’t it. How did we let it get this bad :(

26 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Jesse  Marsch  still odds on favourite  with the bookies.As of updated odds this morning.All very strange.

assume it just reflects the monies placed on the various options 

That’s what the ‘book’ effectively shows - the likelihood of an eventuality based on the monies placed on the varying possibilities 

the amount of money placed on JM means he’s still the hot favourite.  And because it looks like we’ll make an interim appt that won’t qualify as permanent,  the market effectively dies until we know for sure we’re relegated and then the mist will slowly clear as candidates are identified via the media 

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It is, hence why we probably don’t need someone telling them they’re shite.

Clear to me that the big issue with the Bournemouth match was them realising that they were shite, and that everything wasn’t going to be just fine. They were sh1t scared. I’ve never seen them play with so much fear. The brain washing has gone from the players, but SaS were still talking from Brendan’s script. Sadler thinks his job it to just try and make them fell ok, so he is keeping to Brendan’s playbook. Problem is, the players will now see right through this. 

We needed someone in today and have a completely fresh approach to training, setup and team selection. Very likely SaS will be taking training all week now doing the same old tired stuff, so Man City is going to be a bloodbath. 

14 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Jesus looking at that graph again is just absolutely dire, how the hell did fans take SO LONG to understand how much trouble we were in? 

I would say there’s a pretty strong correlation between those who feel xG is a waste of space & those who stuck with Rodgers. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sulfoxide said:

Could Vardy manage, I wonder 🤔

Managing the team is a wide job 

preparing  the players mentally, team selection, tactics and then, in game management which is where SAS came up short on Tuesday. I think that the in game aspect is the toughest for these guys. And it’s where we will continue to come unstuck as the opposition coach out thinks our two as the games progress. . 

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Managing the team is a wide job 

preparing  the players mentally, team selection, tactics and then, in game management which is where SAS came up short on Tuesday. I think that the in game aspect is the toughest for these guys. And it’s where we will continue to come unstuck as the opposition coach out thinks our two as the games progress. . 

And the media duties on top of that. One area I think Shakespeare struggled

Edited by TK95

3 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Christ, it’s bleak when you put the data into these simple charts isn’t it. How did we let it get this bad :(

It was all part of the ‘it’s going to be just fine’ culture. Brendan was fixated by his rebuild, and Top was convinced Brendan was the man for his long term project. You then have a bunch of ‘yes people’ in the management team who don’t rock the boat. As long as we just got through the season, these graphs didn’t matter. Doesn’t help that Brendan seemed to have a way of cleverly avoiding anything to do with ‘stats’.   

Nothing at the club was setup to succeed. As soon as issues crept in, a structure didn’t exist to deal with it. 

• Like 4

I think we are probably relegated, but as they say, it isn't over until the fat lady sings.....apologies to any females, non-binary and overweight people for the comment.  Surely the club just has to get a stop-gap manager until the end of the season, I didn't get the Jessie Marsch 3-year contract rumours, it doesn't make sense nor would any long-term deal at the moment.  I think the lack of high-level candidates, shows just where we are as a club, it is all very depressing from 2 seasons ago.  

Can't we bring Puel back as a director of football at least he knows how to build a young quality team?  Although keep him well away from the playing side!

Edited by Le Renard
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest bennytwohats
34 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Just to clarify I don’t mean that the fans should be analysing graphs etc, but what I meant is that this graph is just evidence of what so many of us on this forum have been able to see for 18 months but in graph form, it just blows my mind that the LCFC fanbase backed him for so long. If the fans had realised just how awful we were we might have been able to pressure the board to sack him months ago, but instead they were just waving and clapping week in week out whilst we produced absolute dogwater on the pitch. I just cannot understand how fans were not seeing just how bad we’ve been, or if they could, why they kept backing him.

Right, but you're looking back with the benefit of hindsight. I think it's wrong to say that people who didn't want to sack Rodgers couldn't understand how bad we've been, a lot of people expected an improvement and didn't want us to be the kind of club who sack a previously successful manager at the first bad run of form. Over time that argument held less and less weight which is why you saw bigger portions of the fanbase a) accept we weren't going to get back to the high notes of Rodgers tenure, and b) accept that we needed to sack him. I'd also say hindsight has proved the Rodgers out crowd to be right from early on, but I don't recall a single argument that was made that was pulling together graphs like this and showing the decline with analysis - the reasons people wanted him gone were because 'I just don't like him and nothing will change that' and 'he's got chapped lips and claps', so let's not pretend that the Rodgers in crowd were all burying their heads in the sand whilst everyone else was sitting on the sort of analysis we are showing here.

For me the right time to sack him would have either been around September after the Brighton loss or after Blackburn dumped us out the cup. With Brighton I think there was the genuine mitigant against his name that he hadn't been backed in the summer. After the Blackburn game that excuse has gone and it was clear there was no way back, it was also early enough that we wouldn't be in the mess we are right now. Like I say, I know hindsight isn't kind to this view, but I stand by the fact that had we sacked him 18 months ago it would have been premature.

Edited by bennytwohats

Just now, Happy Fox said:

You just know Forest will sack Cooper and then appoint Rafa straight away, our Board are incompetent, the time it takes to appoint our new manager will be about the same time it has taken to sack Rodgers.

tHe ClUb ArE aSsEsSiNg AlL oPtIoNs

Get Rafa

he worked under Ashley and kept Newcastle moving including promotion 

he will sort the squad fitness and organisationally - we need some experience and he has a bit to prove after EFC!

no brainier for me 

• Like 2

Guest bennytwohats
37 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

It’s quite easy to look back now and see that Puel built a great squad at the expense of losing the dressing room by pissing off some influential players. Rodgers comes in, briefly reaps the rewards simply by not being Puel, then proceeds to tank the club for two straight years whilst the board sits back and watches it happen. Now we are relegated. 

19429F66-0DCA-495E-AAED-7EC7EB8AD554.png

I don't know exactly what SPI is, or how it's defined. But it's noteworthy that it's currently a lot higher than it was when we dumped Sevilla out of the Champions league, and actually not that much lower than where Rodgers was when he came in. If where we are now in terms of 'SPI' is deemed to be relegation worthy then why didn't we get relegated in 2017-18 or 2018-19 when it was much lower? So is this graph really supporting your conclusions? I could write a different narrative for this graph in that it illustrates just how good a job Rodgers did in his first couple of years to elevate us to unprecedented highs before reverting back down to a level that's still higher than most of the 3 seasons prior to Rodgers.

I'm not defending him here, but I deal with statistics for a living and it's very easy to use numbers to support a variety of narratives depending on how you frame it.

Edited by bennytwohats

7 minutes ago, mod hero said:

I’m hoping a decent candidate has emerged and this was a bit of PR from Jesse’s camp saying he’s turned us down.

The club must’ve seen the reaction from the fans about his potential arrival.

I think that's a myth personally. If the club listened to the fans, Brendan would have gone ages ago

Edited by TK95
  • Like 2